Goose Creek Memorial 24 Beaumont United 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, TXHSFB said:

We can all talk about what, will, should, could, might, probably, happen...at the end of the day, NONE of our thoughts, opinions, suggestions, or predictions, matter whatsoevever. 11 teenage boys will line up against the other 11 teenage boys, and they will determine the outcome. I will die on this hill, with the statement I am about to make. Coach Shannon Carter and his staff at GCM, deserve one helluva “attaboy” for the coaching job they have done with this group. Since back to back losses against PAM/REL, the patriots have won 4 in a row, and have trailed from the beginning in all of them. The halftime adjustments that this staff has made/put together, is second to none. Tonight, United’s defense was magnificent in the first half, the only first down GCM had, was via penalty. In the second half, that same defense/coaching staff  was overwhelmed, outmatched, and flat out whooped, for 24 points in the 3rd qtr alone. Congrats to the Patriots, and good luck to our fellow district mates, representing 9-5A in the Division 1 UIL State Playoffs. 

Ran outta likes

After the United defense completely shut down GCM offense in 1st half (Patriots had 19 offensive plays for -7 yards of offense, 0 first downs) one would think that the Timberwolves had the game well in hand. As Lee Corso would say "not so fast my friend".

First three offensive series for GCM in 3rd Q (actually first 7 minutes of 2nd half) Patriots score 3 TD's. Two of those set up by fumbles from United (one being a whiffed punt which I thought I would never see again after seeing United do that a few weeks ago). The momentum had definitely swung in the favor of the home team. Just an amazing turnaround!

IMO, it was the lack of offense for United that cost them this game. Not the defense.

But, it's not often you see a team with -7 yards of offense (14 rushes for -11 yards, 1-5 passing, 4 yards) in first half then turn it around with over 200 yards in 2nd half. Give credit to GCM for making the adjustments.

50 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

After the United defense completely shut down GCM offense in 1st half (Patriots had 19 offensive plays for -7 yards of offense, 0 first downs) one would think that the Timberwolves had the game well in hand. As Lee Corso would say "not so fast my friend".

First three offensive series for GCM in 3rd Q (actually first 7 minutes of 2nd half) Patriots score 3 TD's. Two of those set up by fumbles from United (one being a whiffed punt which I thought I would never see again after seeing United do that a few weeks ago). The momentum had definitely swung in the favor of the home team. Just an amazing turnaround!

IMO, it was the lack of offense for United that cost them this game. Not the defense.

But, it's not often you see a team with -7 yards of offense (14 rushes for -11 yards, 1-5 passing, 4 yards) in first half then turn it around with over 200 yards in 2nd half. Give credit to GCM for making the adjustments.

And lack of adjustments by the United staff.  Sickening to watch...

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

And lack of adjustments by the United staff.  Sickening to watch...

Only if you’re a United fan! 🤣 GCM fans felt that way in the first half, however we have come to learn that this staff time after time have made adjustments on the fly and/or at halftime to counter the opposing team. IMO United lost the game in the 1st half, when they did not distance themselves while the defense was playing lights out. GCMs defense doesn’t get enough credit, but they are pretty salty themselves, and keep GCM in the game until the coaches make offensive adjustments, and then HERE COME THE PATS! they’ve done it all season. A one score loss to PAM, and then just layed an egg against REL, this team was capable of winning a DC. They didn’t know how to win close games, that changed during the RSS game, and they haven’t looked back since. They know that the dude steering the ship will get them where they want to go as long as they keep it afloat. Coach Carter is a real one!! He’s already done special things with this program. The best part about it is, he WANTS to be in Baytown, that’s HIS program, and the kids in that community will be the benefactors.

38 minutes ago, TXHSFB said:

Only if you’re a United fan! 🤣 GCM fans felt that way in the first half, however we have come to learn that this staff time after time have made adjustments on the fly and/or at halftime to counter the opposing team. IMO United lost the game in the 1st half, when they did not distance themselves while the defense was playing lights out. GCMs defense doesn’t get enough credit, but they are pretty salty themselves, and keep GCM in the game until the coaches make offensive adjustments, and then HERE COME THE PATS! they’ve done it all season. A one score loss to PAM, and then just layed an egg against REL, this team was capable of winning a DC. They didn’t know how to win close games, that changed during the RSS game, and they haven’t looked back since. They know that the dude steering the ship will get them where they want to go as long as they keep it afloat. Coach Carter is a real one!! He’s already done special things with this program. The best part about it is, he WANTS to be in Baytown, that’s HIS program, and the kids in that community will be the benefactors.

2nd Place would be GCM's highest finish in football. The 2008 team finished 3rd after winning the final four games. (Lost to Central 7-0 in Bi-district)

If (and when) they win a playoff game, historic.

Happy for the program and Happy for Coach Carter and his staff.

7 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I thought this was the coach United wanted and will bring Beaumont back to the glory days...?

Well, I’m glad that he’s a Beaumont guy and he is not planing on leaving like the rest of them, but the staff needs tj get it together.   Good thing is this group most of them returns next year.    I’m glad we made the playoffs.  First time in program history.  Baby steps is all I asked for to start the season.

16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, I’m glad that he’s a Beaumont guy and he is not planing on leaving like the rest of them, but the staff needs tj get it together.   Good thing is this group most of them returns next year.    I’m glad we made the playoffs.  First time in program history.  Baby steps is all I asked for to start the season.

That’s great most return next year.. hopefully they can build on that. Will United be going back to 6a after the realignment? 

Just now, navydawg31 said:

That’s great most return next year.. hopefully they can build on that. Will United be going back to 6a after the realignment? 

I expect them to.  Depending on the cutoff number, I expect them to be there.  I think they need to divide the 6a districts up in divisions as well, but that’s another topic for another day.