Lindale 29 Vidor 13/FINAL

WOSgrad

52 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Same to you. And next time edit your post on time. If you knew that situation you wouldn't speak on it dumbarse. But I'd make sure to make you leave permanently 

i know that situation. you got your feelings hurt and blamed others and said you was never coming back. yet here you are. came crawling back on your hands and knees begging to be taken back.

looks like your feelings are hurt again.

you have always been able to give it but can't take it. just like your buddy bmtgirlscout.

see you around SCOOTER......

3 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

i know that situation. you got your feelings hurt and blamed others and said you was never coming back. yet here you are. came crawling back on your hands and knees begging to be taken back.

you have always been able to give it but can't take it. just like your buddy bmtgirlscout.

Lol you don't know the situation 😂 which is good. 

Just got back from that beautiful scenic roof of beautiful east texas. Here's my take on the game tonight. Lindale was very good as expected. Their first drive they set the tone early with no huddles, quick passes, and heavy dose on with their RB #22. Vidor forced them to play our game which was run the clock and run the football, I was surprised at how hard our backs ran, probably the hardest I've seen them run all season. Pirates didn't get behind the chain too many times tonight and if they did, they were able to get 3rd/4th and manageable, and I think we gave Lindale a good scare pretty much all night til late in the 4th quarter. Defense looked good, and didn't give up too many big plays except #4 their WR who basically mossed two DBs and their #3 who was constantly open on slant routes. But the LBs and DBs, took the challenge and they were not afraid to come up, hit and make plays, they played physical tonight on rush plays. Besides a handful of plays, the secondary was decent at coverage, didn't give up long TD passes and kept almost everything in front of them. Defensive line, this unit is good every single week and tonight was no different. The first series with Lindale and their #4, they weren't scared to run between the tackles and he ran HARD. But the D-line and LBs held that dude in check most of the game. That kid is a hard runner but the Pirate defenders handled him we and wrapped up so he didn't get many YAC (yards after contact). I think the longest run may have been just 25 yards?! But after the game my nephew Jordan told me that Lindale was quickest offense that he's facesd since he's been on varsity. He was very pleased on how they contained the Baylor commit RB, he said that their RB only had 50 yard rushing at halftime and thinks only had 90 yards total at the end of the game. (I'll try and find the accurate total later) But anyways, I am more than proud of how the Pirates came and competed tonight, and Vidor gave them all they wanted and gave them some  good scares til mid of the 4th quarter. Great season Pirates, yall played with hell of a lot of heart and left it all on the field. As a fan, it's all I can ask for. Already can't wait til next season, especially since it'll be my nephew's last year! If BYB, doesn't do scoring updates, I guess I'll be the one to take over.😉

Go Pirates! 🏴‍☠️

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Like i said yall will be good next year. 

I appreciate it MBG, your insight on Vidor games have been pretty spot on this year. We're losing a good bit of guys for next season especially on the defensive side, but I think this season was a punch in the mouth for the Pirates and realized how competitive 4A is and we'll be better for it in 2021, I think.

10 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I appreciate it MBG, your insight on Vidor games have been pretty spot on this year. We're losing a good bit of guys for next season especially on the defensive side, but I think this season was a punch in the mouth for the Pirates and realized how competitive 4A is and we'll be better for it in 2021, I think.

I wouldn't wanna play Vidor next year. Ran outta likes. 

34 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Young bulls mad. Somebody getting their arse kicked next yr. Lol 

Yup, I can totally agree with you and see that happening. They need to play with that same intensity they play against Lindale tonight, the whole season in 2021. Now, these kids realize that 4A isn't a cake walk and now what to expect since every team came for their head every game.

3 minutes ago, Mytwocents3788 said:

Oh mbg. Still a little salty bout that whoppin a few years back??? I remember that year pretty good. I understand. I’ll just put you in the same category as 14.2 (people who can’t get over 1 loss) 😂😂😂😂

2017 ?? Gawd you ppl did the game happen? Got over 2016 real quick lol. Good win. Better win in 2017 by us. 

1 hour ago, piratevillain said:

Yup, I can totally agree with you and see that happening. They need to play with that same intensity they play against Lindale tonight, the whole season in 2021. Now, these kids realize that 4A isn't a cake walk and now what to expect since every team came for their head every game.

Exactly. I wouldn't want us to play em first game out the gate. 

Little side story.   The Lindale audio broadcasters, biased as you’d expect, still gave Vidor a lot of kudos- on running hard & tackling.   The last Vidor TD, Vidor returned the KO to the Lindale 37.   From there, they used a no huddle offense, running every play, for a TD.   One of the announcers, a retired Coach, said, “Never in all my years of football, have I seen a hurry up, no huddle offense, running every play”.   And it worked.  Might be something to incorporate occasionally.

50 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Little side story.   The Lindale audio broadcasters, biased as you’d expect, still gave Vidor a lot of kudos- on running hard & tackling.   The last Vidor TD, Vidor returned the KO to the Lindale 37.   From there, they used a no huddle offense, running every play, for a TD.   One of the announcers, a retired Coach, said, “Never in all my years of football, have I seen a hurry up, no huddle offense, running every play”.   And it worked.  Might be something to incorporate occasionally.

Agree.  

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I would honestly shy away from that unless it’s earlier in the game. Our buddies east of the Neches need to learn to pass. It would make a huge difference in their offense. 

6 hours ago, Hagar said:

I remember Vidor knocking off undefeated PA Memorial.  I also remember the only non-Vidorian guy predicting it was MBG.   He knows HS football about as well as anyone.   He does throw jabs at the mid-county backers, lol.

Yup. 

19 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

Enough.  Both of you