Vidor at Lumberton - this ones for the playoffs

Boneyard Boys

On 11/1/2020 at 6:41 PM, sheldon1364 said:

yes i was at the LCM game and they could have practiced the whole fourth quarter on just passing plays. but no they just kept running the same run plays till the last second. to me that is not preparing your team for a playoff run.

Most teams I have seen with big 3rd/4th quarter leads are playing to get off the field without injuries.  

I have never coached above little league but it seems a lot of playoff bound HS coaches are also trying to keep some aces in their hands.  That seems to be a double edged sword though.  That sweet play with 2 tight ends will always look good in practice.  Then a team tries to run it under stress/fatigue in the playoffs and gets an unexpected response from the defense. 

Would showing it on film, and making that opponent prepare for it be the other side of the coin?

18 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

Would showing it on film, and making that opponent prepare for it be the other side of the coin?

Don’t run it unless you need it if it’s something you want to surprise a team with. You can run it full speed in practice. Worst thing happens is you run it live in the game and it doesn’t work. Then don’t run it anymore. That’s my opinion. Especially a gadget play. Takes away the element of surprise. You can feature a play in a game, but in the next game, change up your formation or shift into it without spoiling the surprise. 

On 11/1/2020 at 8:37 PM, spidersal said:

You have Vidor’s no offense vs Lumberton’s no defense. However Vidor players are not as soft as the Raider players, so I pick them as a 2 touchdown favorite. That softness is why they are known as the FRIENDLY RAIDERS 

Hey are we the friendly raiders? Seems like you haven’t brought that up enough on every lumberton thread 🙄

4 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Vidor should have a big size advantage up front, I don't think Lumberton will hold up well. If the Pirates can limit the big plays and avoid any disasters on punt return this week, they will win comfortably.

Who ever wins will still have a losing district record.  Which should be embarrassing. But I guess the winner can have playoff shirts made for their fans.