Splendora 21 Vidor 14/FINAL

WOSgrad

8 minutes ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

I take it that 55 will be out for a while if he's wearing a boot. Vidor needs to start putting some athletes at receiver , the days of just relaying plays in to the huddle are over. A receiving game would change things completely.

his mom said he should play next week, barring any setbacks

3 minutes ago, oldman said:

Guess the Powerhouse wasn’t what they thought they were

Deal is, you take enough bricks out of a building, it’ll fall.  To many Starters not able to play tonight.

But honestly, Vidor acted like they’d rather be playing X-box for the first Qtr & a half.  Go figure.

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah, that’s what everyone was saying about this game too. I’m not saying they won’t, but I would be walking softly if I were a Vidor fan. Jeff will figure it out, I think. 

I’d work on passing all week.  Only way teams can stop Vidor’s running game is stack the box.   There were Pirates open all night & either bad pass or no catch mostly.  But after the passing, Pirates could run.

Ok I have a lot of thoughts to unpack before I move on from this one. You can’t have a 1 man run game with this offense, QB ran great but missing #23 hurt (suited out dnp gimpy I guess). He’s a good strong runner and a good blocker in the run game. They were giving us the pass all night, daring us to throw but early on we stubbornly ran right into the teeth of the defense. Had an open TE (both of them) all night, but only threw a couple times in the first half. We have to hit the open pass of course, need to put some touch on the ball when those guys are running wide open. Missing #55 killed us on defense, but change the scheme. A 4-3 front with some big pluggers in the middle would be much better against Splendora. Make them throw it or they will just hand it to 22 all night. Their QB threw 1 good pass, there rest were not so good and I didn’t see any WRs that can hurt you. We have athletes but they are on the sideline, have to mix some guys in both ways and try to get your best players involved. Put some of your big OLinemen on the defense to stop the run every now and then. We put a DB in the backfield in the 2nd half and he immediately made big plays for the offense. We put some big OL on the Dline in the 2nd half and the defense held them scoreless. Make adjustments and make them quicker, the same old thing is not always going to work and you have to figure that out early on 21-0 is too late.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Ok I have a lot of thoughts to unpack before I move on from this one. You can’t have 1 man run game with this offense, QB ran great but missing #23 hurt (suited out dnp gimpy I guess). He’s a good strong runner and a good blocker in the run game. They were giving us the pass all night, daring us to throw but early on we stubbornly ran right into the teeth of the defense. Had an open TE (both of them) all night, but only threw a couple times in the first half. We have to hit the open pass of course, need to put some touch on the ball when those guys are running wide open. Missing #55 killed us on defense, but change the scheme. A 4-3 front with some big pluggers in the middle would  be much better against Splendora. Make them throw it or they will just hand it to 22 all night. Their QB threw 1 good pass, there rest were not so good and I didn’t see any WRs that can hurt you. We have athletes but they are on the sideline, have to mix some guys in both ways and try to get them the ball. Or put some of your big OLinemen on the defense to stop the run every now and then. We put a DB in the backfield in the 2nd half and he immediately made big plays for the offense. We put some big OL on the line in the 2nd half and the defense held them scoreless. Make adjustments and make them quicker, the same old thing is not always going to work and you have to figure that out early on. 

Yes sir we have been out coached all yr and the qb is good if he has a big hole other than that he is soft and we run him way to much what a disappointment this is

Even with all that said we can still make noise in district although we need Splendora to lose twice, which I don’t see that happening. Have to play for 2nd place now which hurts your chances in the playoffs. If we can’t get 1st or 2nd who really cares, it’s not that impressive to get 3rd or 4th in this district and you’ll get bounced from the playoffs early. This was the first game I’ve seen us get handled and completely outplayed this year. Missing 2 starters can’t effect you that much, just have to put the right personnel in their place. Which means your biggest and baddest have to play both ways but we don’t do that anymore. The players want to but the coaches don’t, saving them for something I guess. Isn’t it a common occurrence for 4A athletes to play on both sides of the ball?

2 minutes ago, Phisical Atmosphere said:

I thought Splendora would beat us. Im not surprised.

Hell, I was. I’m sure you watch a lot more of Vidor than I do. I wasn’t aware of all the injuries y’all had either. I still think y’all should’ve won that game. It was yours to lose. I like Vidor. Only one game left I’d like to see them lose. 

3 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I wasn't are of #55 being injured til yesterday when he posted a pic of his foot in ice. I honestly thought he would've played. But from what I heard from his Aunt and his mother, they didn't wanna risk injuring it worseand ultimately ending his season. Smart move by him and coaches.

Sucks for him. Probably for the best though, like you said. Can’t afford to lose another game though. Probably needs to get back in the rotation asap. Idk what he did to his foot, but if it’s not too serious by next week, I’m sure he will play. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Sucks for him. Probably for the best though, like you said. Can’t afford to lose another game though. Probably needs to get back in the rotation asap. Idk what he did to his foot, but if it’s not too serious by next week, I’m sure he will play. 

It definitely does, he was so upset pacing up and down the sidelines that he couldn't help his team. He had a high ankle sprain and was limping on it tonight. I asked him a few minutes ago if he's playing against LCM next week and he said "yes!" 🤞🏼

Just now, piratevillain said:

It definitely does, he was so upset pacing up and down the sidelines that he couldn't help his team. He had a high ankle sprain and was limping on it tonight. I asked him a few minutes ago if he's playing against LCM next week and he said "yes!" 🤞🏼

He’s an athlete. Even if he’s not ready, he’ll be in there.