Trump has Corona

PhatMack19

1 hour ago, SW1966 said:

COVID-19 has been a touchy political situation, in general with Republicans calling it a hoax and spouting nonsense to support their position.  I am sorry but this is true.  (I am by no means saying Democrats are without fault.  They are not!) Trump position of calling it a Democratic hoax and not taking it seriously has probably been the single biggest factor in this.  This is a biological condition best left to the experts.  But, in general, Republicans are skeptical of science and feel to need to denigrate medical facts.  This stems from the misperceived view that science wants to disprove the existence of God.  But this is simply not true.  Science does not concern itself either way.  It is some very disturbed ministers who manipulate their base by using propaganda and fear.  This epidemic shows how divided we are as a country.  This is really the first time our country had faced such a serious situation in which divisiveness has placed this country at risk of collapsing.  Think back about polio.  This was a devastating condition ravaging children and young adults.  But this country was united in defeating this scourge.  People did not refer to it as a political hoax and instead did what was necessary.  So, the next time you see someone in about their mid-60’s or do walking with a limp or having no or limited use of their arms or in a wheelchair, think about this.  Republicans are human beings.  Democrats are human beings.  We all want to live and prosper and be part of an extraordinary community of freedom.  Whenever a politician - whatever their party - endangers this, Americans must reject this and never allow this again.  We did this with Joseph McCarthy in the 1950’s.  He was exposed for what he was, a tyrant without morals who thought he found a means to obtain his evils goals.  Americans said no.

"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that."

The only hoax is when Democrats (and you) keep claiming that the President called the virus a hoax.  This is a transcript of the speech you are alluding to... If you've ever even heard it or read about it.  He calls the Democratic criticism of the Adminstration's pandemic response as "their new hoax," likening their new criticism to their previous criticism of Russian Collusion, Impeachment, etc, etc...  At that point, with 15 total cases in the US, the dems were already piling on. 

Seeing has to how you and others keep repeating lies.... he wasn't wrong. 

37 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that."

The only hoax is when Democrats (and you) keep claiming that the President called the virus a hoax.  This is a transcript of the speech you are alluding to... If you've ever even heard it or read about it.  He calls the Democratic criticism of the Adminstration's pandemic response as "their new hoax," likening their new criticism to their previous criticism of Russian Collusion, Impeachment, etc, etc...  At that point, with 15 total cases in the US, the dems were already piling on. 

Excellent post. Trump will be in the 98% survival range. 
All of a sudden, you are correct about the Covid hoax part. That is surely not what 100% of the lefties in this board have said. That would make them...... fake news!

1 hour ago, SW1966 said:

CardinalBacker, you are correct about the hoax part.  But the Russian investigation was not a hoax.  The FBI had solid, reliable information that required them to open an investigation of some members of the Trump campaign and to do due diligence.  That is their job.  Also, please leave the political crap out of the high school football forum. Your disdain for certain segments of society is palpable.

You just don’t get the real point of my post. Unfortunately, this is not surprising.

Dude... when mods are using slurs that protected classes have proclaimed to be offensive and oppressive... He needs to be called out.  

I thought I was supposed to call out racial injustice wherever I see it, right?  Stop being a baby.

1 minute ago, SW1966 said:

CardinalBacker, your original post reflects sarcasm and not a sincere calling out of racial injustice.  Stop acting like the kid who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

This admonition coming from a guy who; ducks his head down while driving into underground parking garages to make the car fit.

1 minute ago, SW1966 said:

SmashMouth, read a good unredacted textbook on American history, watch documentaries of American history, read a good social psychology text, articles from the Journal of Social Psychology.

So there is nothing specific you can point to? Is it more just an hypothesis or assumption?

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Apparently, it wasnt their new hoax. He contracted the virus

1 hour ago, SW1966 said:

SmashMouth, go to the Lamar Library where you will find the Journal of Social Psychology and social psychology books.  You might check the journal online, but this would be limited.  There is more than the Internet for knowledge.  These references will provide you well researched information.  This will be best for you.  Your surrogate partner will not allow you to believe anything I tell you.

You talking about my wife’s sister???

17 minutes ago, baddog said:

He’ll be ok. He’s a tough old buzzard

Orange County claims 6 have died to date from the virus.  Somehow I’ve ended up with 3 estates where the person died from corona, two I knew pretty well, neither in terrible shape.  (Age range from mid 50s to mid 70s.). And we hear the deaths are over reported.  I have a hard time believing that half the people who died in this county had their family end up in my office.  

But point being, most of the time people handle it well, but it can go horribly wrong.  The older you are, and the heavier you are, the higher risk.  

Prayers for our president and First Lady.  Seen some hateful things online today about them and their condition.  Regardless of how you feel about him or his politics, you have to be a sick individual to wish anyone to die. 

12 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Orange County claims 6 have died to date from the virus.  Somehow I’ve ended up with 3 estates where the person died from corona, two I knew pretty well, neither in terrible shape.  (Age range from mid 50s to mid 70s.). And we hear the deaths are over reported.  I have a hard time believing that half the people who died in this county had their family end up in my office.  

But point being, most of the time people handle it well, but it can go horribly wrong.  The older you are, and the heavier you are, the higher risk.  

Prayers for our president and First Lady.  Seen some hateful things online today about them and their condition.  Regardless of how you feel about him or his politics, you have to be a sick individual to wish anyone to die. 

Love your last sentence. Work with a a man who tested positive. He’s 65 and all he said bothered him was he had difficulty breathing. Nothing to go to the hospital over. I tested negative. He came back to work after a week. This thing is totally survivable. I am a positive person. Too easy to be negative. 

I had the virus in March and did not know it.  In fact, I was at my doctors office that day and the doc said I had a fever.  Doc listened to heart and lungs and said nothing seemed out of the ordinary.   I asked for a ZPac because it works well for me when I get my twice annually upper respiratory infection.  Got home and had the chills from fever for 48 hours although fever never rose over 101.5.  48 hours later, fever was gone and I resumed my daily workouts that last for an hour.  Loss of taste lasted for a week and cough also remained for a week.  About a month later, I took an antibody test and tested positive.  Knowing that tests can be less than dependable, I went for a second test at a different location and got same result.  I later donated plasma at the blood center.  Have a friend/neighbor a couple of years  younger than me that died from it.  Obviously it impacts different people in different ways.  According to the experts, I was at extraordinary risk in several ways but managed to escape serious harm.   Honestly, it was less harmful to me than the upper respiratory infection that I get a couple times each year.