With 5a games coming soon

Stangfan#1

58 minutes ago, Stangfan#1 said:

With the 5a games coming soon I think some teams that haven't play yet should play some 5a schools in their bye week what do y'all think

I wish Vidor still played Nederland and PNG, they had a good long rivalry going but neither team seemed interested in keeping it going up until COVID took away the chance to schedule it. I’m almost sure the Pirates would give up their bye week to play anybody because they haven’t seen any live action game situations going into week 3 of the season.

2 hours ago, Stangfan#1 said:

With the 5a games coming soon I think some teams that haven't play yet should play some 5a schools in their bye week what do y'all think

When are they suppose to play them?

6A/5A are playing 10 game schedules. They do not have any openings to play someone on their bye weeks.

21 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

WOS is open on Oct 30. Here are the options.

6A 

West Brook

5Ad1 

College Station, Goose Creek Memorial, Baytown Lee, Baytown Sterling, United, Friendswood, Galveston Ball, La Porte, PA Memorial

Anyone in 9-5A D1 is not an option. 2 bye weeks just in case a week is needed to make up a district game, which is the reason for only 2 non-district games instead of 3. 

3 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I wish Vidor still played Nederland and PNG, they had a good long rivalry going but neither team seemed interested in keeping it going up until COVID took away the chance to schedule it. I’m almost sure the Pirates would give up their bye week to play anybody because they haven’t seen any live action game situations going into week 3 of the season.

I’m pretty sure Nederland and PNG won’t ever play vidor again unless they move back up to 5A and I don’t think that will happen for several realignments.  

On 9/5/2020 at 8:54 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

WOS is open on Oct 30. Here are the options.

6A 

West Brook

5Ad1 

College Station, Goose Creek Memorial, Baytown Lee, Baytown Sterling, United, Friendswood, Galveston Ball, La Porte, PA Memorial

I think it be a good test that coach t ask a 5a school to play on there open if they had one to before the playoffs we really need it

16 hours ago, Stangfan#1 said:

I think it be a good test that coach t ask a 5a school to play on there open if they had one to before the playoffs we really need it

I don't think that will happen.  Let's take a look at the open teams.

West Brook - currently has a 10 game schedule, so they wouldn't be able to play

College Station - see West Brook

Baytown Goose Creek Memorial, Baytown Lee, Baytown Sterling, Beaumont United, Friendswood, Galveston Ball, La Porte, Port Arthur Memorial - All of this district is holding that date open for a reason.  It is to have a make up date for any games that might be postponed due to the covid scare.

Look, I want the Mustangs to hit the field just as much as anyone, with the exception of the Mustang coaches and players.  It has left me on the verge of being physically ill that I have had to put "ccl" by their first three games. 

However, left's leave their schedule in the real world.

Guest ECBucFan
3 hours ago, 4thstring said:

With 5A coming back covid cases will rise. 

Thats right. Too many urban "house parties" going on spreading C-19. So far, the small schools playing ball has not caused cases to rise. TX remains on a decline of cases.  

The large schools are gonna mess it up for the small schools.  

12 hours ago, ECBucFan said:

Thats right. Too many urban "house parties" going on spreading C-19. So far, the small schools playing ball has not caused cases to rise. TX remains on a decline of cases.  

The large schools are gonna mess it up for the small schools.  

I haven’t seen many small schools doing their part not to mess it up for the big schools. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Actual cases in the athletic program or “abundance of caution”?

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

From my understanding it's actual cases within their programs.

Like 10 or so for Kirbyville on the football team were sent home I found out this morning.