Blacks Voting Democrat

I guess I’m showing my ignorance but I have a question I really would like answered.  I consider myself an Independent.  Until 2004 I voted a straight Democratic ticket.  I voted Republican in 2004 because Kerry was just way too liberal for me and a traitor to his fellow soldiers.  Plus anyone who requests a Purple Heart for a scratch that just needed a bandaid is disrespecting what that medal stands for.  I now realize there is little difference between the professional political class, Democrat or Republican.  The Democrats were responsible for slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow,  the great society, and the 1994 crime bill which incarcerated an enormous number of blacks.  More Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Bill and the Voting Righta Bill than Democrats.   Congressman John Lewis was arrested over 40 times and beaten by Democrats But still joined the Democratic Party.  90 percent of Blacks vote Democrat. I need someone a lot smarter than me to please explain how the Democratic Party was able to achieve this.  They were the party of racism and hate but able to convince Blacks to vote for them.  I now know you don’t pay any attention to what a politician says or how he acts but only what he does in office.  Most of them will say what they think the voters want to hear and never follow it up with action.  If. someone could give me their take on Democratic control of Blacks , it would be appreciated.

53 minutes ago, Old school eagle said:

I guess I’m showing my ignorance but I have a question I really would like answered.  I consider myself an Independent.  Until 2004 I voted a straight Democratic ticket.  I voted Republican in 2004 because Kerry was just way too liberal for me and a traitor to his fellow soldiers.  Plus anyone who requests a Purple Heart for a scratch that just needed a bandaid is disrespecting what that medal stands for.  I now realize there is little difference between the professional political class, Democrat or Republican.  The Democrats were responsible for slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow,  the great society, and the 1994 crime bill which incarcerated an enormous number of blacks.  More Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Bill and the Voting Righta Bill than Democrats.   Congressman John Lewis was arrested over 40 times and beaten by Democrats But still joined the Democratic Party.  90 percent of Blacks vote Democrat. I need someone a lot smarter than me to please explain how the Democratic Party was able to achieve this.  They were the party of racism and hate but able to convince Blacks to vote for them.  I now know you don’t pay any attention to what a politician says or how he acts but only what he does in office.  Most of them will say what they think the voters want to hear and never follow it up with action.  If. someone could give me their take on Democratic control of Blacks , it would

The Democrats were never anti black... they were pro-racist. Still are. 

As most white people moved on from race being a key issue, there were plenty of people willing to join up for divisive racial rhetoric.

Its George Wallace winning as a staunch segregationist but still winning in the 80s with 90% of the black vote. A lot of it is the free stuff.... people vote in their own self interest, so they can overlook a history of oppression if it gets them an Obama phone. 

It’s people who hate the founding fathers because of the history of slavery but vote Dem in spite of their history of bigotry within the last 60 years. 

Not questioning your comment just really would like to know the difference between pro racist and anti black.  If they are pro racist why do so many Jews vote Democrat when the Republicans are Israel’s strongest supporter.  I’m not sure but I’ve never heard of them getting free stuff and free Obama phones.  Just trying to understand.

Think of the Democrat voters as being cheap whores. As long as the “John” (Democrat Party) keeps paying (welfare, entitlements, free stuff), the whore or prostitute will continually whore themselves even though they are being abused. Pretty soon, they lose self worth and value. They think it’s the only way they can survive. Take a beating, collect the money. It becomes a way of life. Too bad the whores don’t revolt. 

1 hour ago, Old school eagle said:

I guess I’m showing my ignorance but I have a question I really would like answered.  I consider myself an Independent.  Until 2004 I voted a straight Democratic ticket.  I voted Republican in 2004 because Kerry was just way too liberal for me and a traitor to his fellow soldiers.  Plus anyone who requests a Purple Heart for a scratch that just needed a bandaid is disrespecting what that medal stands for.  I now realize there is little difference between the professional political class, Democrat or Republican.  The Democrats were responsible for slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow,  the great society, and the 1994 crime bill which incarcerated an enormous number of blacks.  More Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Bill and the Voting Righta Bill than Democrats.   Congressman John Lewis was arrested over 40 times and beaten by Democrats But still joined the Democratic Party.  90 percent of Blacks vote Democrat. I need someone a lot smarter than me to please explain how the Democratic Party was able to achieve this.  They were the party of racism and hate but able to convince Blacks to vote for them.  I now know you don’t pay any attention to what a politician says or how he acts but only what he does in office.  Most of them will say what they think the voters want to hear and never follow it up with action.  If. someone could give me their take on Democratic control of Blacks , it would be appreciated.

The democrats accomplished this through SALESMANSHIP. People keep saying the democrats were responsible for slavery, the KKK and all that. Nope. Conservatives were responsible for that. Democrats and republicans are salesmen. They represent whoever will buy. Democrats once marketed towards conservatives who supported slavery and Jim Crow and all that. They lost conservative support mid 20th century. They began to market to liberals at that point. They have done a good job marketing but haven’t done as good when it comes to delivering promises. The republicans now market to the conservatives 

1 hour ago, Old school eagle said:

Not questioning your comment just really would like to know the difference between pro racist and anti black.  If they are pro racist why do so many Jews vote Democrat when the Republicans are Israel’s strongest supporter.  I’m not sure but I’ve never heard of them getting free stuff and free Obama phones.  Just trying to understand.

That’s a good question. I honestly don’t know. Some communities favor a more centralized, controlling form of government. That could possibly be it. I’ve also wondered if it was just out of tradition... those are some pretty traditional people-but I kinda doubt it. I’ve never understood that voting pattern. 

THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH ABOUT THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

When you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party comes to mind? The Republicans? Or, the Democrats? Most people would probably say the Democrats. But this answer is incorrect.
Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rights initiative, and has a long history of discrimination.
The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s.
In contrast, the Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party. Its mission was to stop the spread of slavery into the new western territories with the aim of abolishing it entirely. This effort, however, was dealt a major blow by the Supreme Court. In the 1857 case Dred Scott v. Sandford, the court ruled that slaves aren’t citizens; they’re property. The seven justices who voted in favor of slavery? All Democrats. The two justices who dissented? Both Republicans.
The slavery question was, of course, ultimately resolved by a bloody civil war. The commander- in-chief during that war was the first Republican President, Abraham Lincoln – the man who freed the slaves.
Six days after the Confederate army surrendered, John Wilkes Booth, a Democrat, assassinated President Lincoln. Lincoln’s vice president, a Democrat named Andrew Johnson, assumed the presidency. But Johnson adamantly opposed Lincoln’s plan to integrate the newly freed slaves into the South’s economic and social order.
Johnson and the Democratic Party were unified in their opposition to the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery; the 14th Amendment, which gave blacks citizenship; and the 15th Amendment, which gave blacks the vote. All three passed only because of universal Republican support.
During the era of Reconstruction, federal troops stationed in the south helped secure rights for the newly freed slaves. Hundreds of black men were elected to southern state legislatures as Republicans, and 22 black Republicans served in the US Congress by 1900. The Democrats did not elect a black man to Congress until 1935.
But after Reconstruction ended, when the federal troops went home, Democrats roared back into power in the South. They quickly reestablished white supremacy across the region with measures like black codes – laws that restricted the ability of blacks to own property and run businesses. And they imposed poll taxes and literacy tests, used to subvert the black citizen’s right to vote.
And how was all of this enforced? By terror -- much of it instigated by the Ku Klux Klan, founded by a Democrat, Nathan Bedford Forrest.
As historian Eric Foner - himself a Democrat - notes:
“In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party.”
President Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat, shared many views with the Klan. He re-segregated many federal agencies, and even screened the first movie ever played at the White House - the racist film “The Birth of a Nation,” originally entitled “The Clansman.”
A few decades later, the only serious congressional opposition to the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 came from Democrats.
Eighty percent of Republicans in Congress supported the bill. Less than 70 percent of Democrats did. Democratic senators filibustered the bill for 75 days, until Republicans mustered the few extra votes needed to break the logjam.
And when all of their efforts to enslave blacks, keep them enslaved, and then keep them from voting had failed, the Democrats came up with a new strategy: If black people are going to vote, they might as well vote for Democrats. As President Lyndon Johnson was purported to have said about the Civil Rights Act, “I’ll have them n*****s voting Democrat for two hundred years.”
So now, the Democratic Party prospers on the votes of the very people it has spent much of its history oppressing.
Democrats falsely claim that the Republican Party is the villain, when in reality it’s the failed policies of the Democratic Party that have kept blacks down. Massive government welfare has decimated the black family. Opposition to school choice has kept them trapped in failing schools. Politically correct policing has left black neighborhoods defenseless against violent crime.
So, when you think about racial equality and civil rights, which political party should come to mind?
I’m Carol Swain, professor of political science and law at Vanderbilt University, for Prager University.

And the Truth shall set you Free!🇺🇸

6 hours ago, RedJollyRoger said:

My entire life it was explained to me that the Democratic party was for the "working people" and those damn Republicans were for the rich. I became a Republican in 2000, I was 23. 

So now you think it’s vice versa? Or did you switch for other reasons? 

42 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

Ms Swain has either been deceived or is part of the deception. 

She’s a Female Black Professor Of Political Science and Law at Vanderbilt University. Maybe you ought to send her a tweet an tell her she doesn’t know what’s she’s talking about or maybe she’s just trying to suppress Black Americans.

19 minutes ago, Realville said:

So are you trying to say Carol Swain who is black is selling out her own race? What’s your definition of powerful? I know none of these people. 

I'm not trying to say anything. What I mean is that the Vanderbilt name can't be trusted. I dont care what she is saying or what she is doing. The names from my post are royalty. And one, Anderson Hays Cooper, is a major media journalist. I will stay away from other conspiracy theories. But they are out there.

Btw, your post is a word for word transcript of of the other topics lead video.

1 hour ago, Realville said:

Enlighten me about what is the other half of the truth besides you being bitter. Oh an please tell me if there is anything that she wrote that is incorrect.

The fact that conservatives from the south were represented by the democrat party. You leave that part out and your misleading people. Not bitter at all just don’t like deception. 

48 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

The fact that conservatives from the south were represented by the democrat party. You leave that part out and your misleading people. Not bitter at all just don’t like deception. 

Not trying to deceive anyone, each party had its conservative faction within their party. The great JFK was a very conservative Democrat so is he a racist. The Democrat Party today would crucify JFK. 

7 minutes ago, Old school eagle said:

Please explain what the deception is.  Still just trying to understand. Thanks

8 hours ago, Setx fan said:

. People keep saying the democrats were responsible for slavery, the KKK and all that. Nope. Conservatives were responsible for that. Democrats and republicans are salesmen. They represent whoever will buy. Democrats once marketed towards conservatives who supported slavery and Jim Crow and all that. They lost conservative support mid 20th century. They began to market to liberals at that point. 

I’ve allready explained

18 minutes ago, Realville said:

Not trying to deceive anyone, each party had its conservative faction within their party. The great JFK was a very conservative Democrat so is he a racist. The Democrat Party today would crucify JFK. 

JFK and 99% of the democrats before him would align themselves with republicans in today’s society. That’s my point. The difference with JFK is he recognized something was wrong with that way of thinking before he was killed.