13 minutes ago, CCRed said:

Didn’t I hear that Fort Bend ISD was only doing on-line classes and cancelling all extra-curricular activities for the fall ?  This would be including football. 

Yikes, I think they'd be the first ones (public schools) to outright cancel in Texas if this is true. 

While the UIL has not postponed the season yet, I see local school districts forcing their hand.  Several school districts have pushed back in person school openings and have dictated that no extracurricular activities will occur until their schools open to face to face instruction.  Fort Bend, Austin, Pflugerville and Houston have already done this.

3 hours ago, NetCat said:

So if the SETX area still plays (let's hope), how many games are being lost because of HISD not playing till mid October? 

Lumberton/Waltrip on 8/28

Splendora/North Forest on 8/28

Nederland/Austin on 9/4

Cleveland/North Forest on 9/4

Hamshire-Fannett/Wheatley on 9/4

Baytown Sterling/Washington on 9/10

West Brook/Lamar on 9/11

Barbers Hill/Heights on 9/11

9 minutes ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

So who do they in 6a around here 

West Brook is matched with North Shore, C.E. King and the Humble ISD 6A Schools (Atascocita, Humble, Kingwood and Summer Creek)in 21-6A. 

West Brook's scheduled pre-district games are:

at United, 8/28

at Tomball Memorial, 9/4

Houston Lamar (now ppd or ccl), 9/11

Deer Park, 9/18

United is matched  in 9-5A-I with the Goose Creek CISD schools (Goose Creek, Lee, Sterling), Friendwood, Galveston Ball, La Porte and Port Arthur Memorial.

United's pre-district schedule is:

West Brook, 8/28

at PN-G, 9/4

at Montgomery, 9/11

Here is what I fear happening that would have a deeper impact on SETX games as currently scheduled.

This is the hidden content, please
:

issues emergency order: -Public/private schools can't do in-person learning until after Sept 7 -Sports + activities can't happen until in-person learning starts -Schools must develop & submit a plan to local health authority and make it public"

If Harris or Dallas County does this.  Football in September is toast.

2 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Here is what I fear happening that would have a deeper impact on SETX games as currently scheduled.

:

issues emergency order: -Public/private schools can't do in-person learning until after Sept 7 -Sports + activities can't happen until in-person learning starts -Schools must develop & submit a plan to local health authority and make it public"

My cousin that teaches in spring just text me, their school district is going online 

ISDs in the 409 gonna be defiant and it's gonna backfire, can totally see it happening. Hell yall can agree even though it's not on that level: look at when storms come and then they late pulling the plug on cancellation of schooling, not all, my bad, but most. Watch you'll see. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

ISDs in the 409 gonna be defiant and it's gonna backfire, can totally see it happening. Hell yall can agree even though it's not on that level: look at when storms come and then they late pulling the plug on cancellation of schooling, not all, my bad, but most. Watch you'll see. 

Backfire in what way?

5 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

:

Lina Hidalgo is probably issuing this order in a few days. She's hinted at it several times today.

the UIL and TEA need to be proactive and make the obvious call.