1 hour ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Two questions 1st  is tapps allowing fans. Second if there are playoffs and state championships games   will there be a limit to the stadium use? Like I said earlier college and pro sports don't want outside events other than their own if there is a season 

According to reports I have seen, TAPPS did not address the issue of fan attendance and I really don't expect them to do that until just before games begin.  It is just too early for them to make a pronouncement one way or the other.

As to stadium usage, that is not as big an issue for TAPPS as it is for large school UIL playoffs.  Normally, the first round of TAPPS playoffs are played in the home stadium of the higher seed and that often times follows in the second round.  As you are talking about smaller schools, even with larger TAPPS schools like Concordia, St. Pius, St. Thomas, Bishop Lynch and Bishop Dunne, college and pro stadiums are hardly ever used.  In fact, Midway High School in Waco was the site of the 2019 TAPPS State Championship Games.

18 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

According to reports I have seen, TAPPS did not address the issue of fan attendance and I really don't expect them to do that until just before games begin.  It is just too early for them to make a pronouncement one way or the other.

As to stadium usage, that is not as big an issue for TAPPS as it is for large school UIL playoffs.  Normally, the first round of TAPPS playoffs are played in the home stadium of the higher seed and that often times follows in the second round.  As you are talking about smaller schools, even with larger TAPPS schools like Concordia, St. Pius, St. Thomas, Bishop Lynch and Bishop Dunne, college and pro stadiums are hardly ever used.  In fact, Midway High School in Waco was the site of the 2019 TAPPS State Championship Games.

Thanks for the insight 

45 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Okay question, I’m just curious as to it but, all these school districts that have shut down til Sept with no athletics... in the state of Texas UIL teams. Have more said they are shutting down with no athletics vs Schools that are still scheduled to start on time? 

Well, perhaps there is a little clarification before the question is answered.  With the exception of one (West Hardin ISD who has pushed back its start date to September 8th), schools in this area (as currently planned) will start on time and have in person or face to face instruction from the jump with an option for virtual learning. And as far as I know, no school district in the area has stated that they will shut down their athletic program during the period that virtual learning is an option and only one in the area has made in person learning a requirement to participating in athletics and other extracurricular activities.

And yes, the majority of school districts in Texas are following that model.

Comparatively, very few districts have adopted the model of virtual teaching only and have proclaimed no extracurricular activities during the period of virtual teaching.  The problem is that those districts, cities or counties are in high profile areas.....City of Austin, Houston ISD, Fort Bend ISD, School Districts in Dallas County....and the squeaky wheel does get the oil.

According to my sources at UIL, season will be pushed back 4 weeks. I would say that depending on the number of teams in a district will determine if the season will be a district game only season and if games can be played within 5 days to accommodate large districts.

I expect the UIL will still keep 4 team playoff system but I also think that if season is pushed back farther, we could see a 2 team system.

It's also very possible that state title games could be played in different stadiums for each classification.

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

According to my sources at UIL, season will be pushed back 4 weeks. I would say that depending on the number of teams in a district will determine if the season will be a district game only season and if games can be played within 5 days to accommodate large districts.

I expect the UIL will still keep 4 team playoff system but I also think that if season is pushed back farther, we could see a 2 team system.

It's also very possible that state title games could be played in different stadiums for each classification.

Does that mean no practice also? 

8 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I don’t know if it relates, but the latest out of the TEA today was calling for 8 weeks online to start the year instead of three. 

I think it’s time to call the whole thing off. 

God I hope not

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Sounds like the TAPPS model.