2020 9-5A div 1

44 minutes ago, BlackShirts5 said:

So with the updated Standings as is.  PAM is obliviously clinched.  I see some saying United has clinched. Are they just saying they have clinched at least nothing worse then the 4th seed?  @Mr. Buddy Garrity 

PAM 5-0

United 4-1

GCM 3-2

Lee 3-2

Fwood 2-3

LP 2-3

Sterling 1-4

Ball 0-5

BU and Memorial has clinched a playoff spot.  Seedlings and DC has not been determined yet...

22 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

Hopefully, next season, Dist 10 5A D1 will be covered instead of Dist 8......

I'll explain why that is now.  We cover teams that have traditionally been SETXsports.com teams where ever they end up.  Cleveland is one of those teams.  Much to my chagrin, they were aligned to District 8.  I can tell you, even with Cleveland there I had some serious back and forth as to whether we would cover that district. District 10 contains no such teams.

@BlackShirts5

As to the current status of the District 10 standings, I just don't know.

Here are the standings with all teams involved:

Manvel - 3-0

Foster - 4-1

Paetow - 3-1

Hightower - 2-2

Kempner - 1-3

Terry 1-3

Angleton 0-2

Wisdom 0-2

Milby 0-0

As you can tell from the standings, it appears that some teams stopped play during the season (I didn't hear anything about Angleton or Milby, I do know that Wisdom announced that they had ceased football in 2020).

The reason that is relevant, District 10 had gone to zone play, but with the dropping of Milby, Angleton and Wisdom,  I don't know if they returned to strictly district play.  Of note, I don't know how accurate this is, but according to the Football Friday app there are no games scheduled for any of the teams in District 10 past what was played last week.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

I'll explain why that is now.  We cover teams that have traditionally been SETXsports.com teams where ever they end up.  Cleveland is one of those teams.  Much to my chagrin, they were aligned to District 8.  I can tell you, even with Cleveland there I had some serious back and forth as to whether we would cover that district. District 10 contains no such teams.

@BlackShirts5

Manvel - 3-0

Foster - 4-1

Paetow - 3-1

Hightower - 2-2

Kempner - 1-3

Terry 1-3

Angleton 0-2

Wisdom 0-2

Milby 0-0

As you can tell from the standings, it appears that some teams stopped play during the season (I didn't hear anything about Angleton or Milby, I do know that Wisdom announced that they had ceased football in 2020).

The reason that is relevant, District 10 had gone to zone play, but with the dropping of Milby, Angleton and Wisdom,  I don't know if they returned to strictly district play.  Of note, I don't know how accurate this is, but according to the Football Friday app there are no games scheduled for any of the teams in District 10 past what was played last week.

I hope you continue to cover District 8. New Caney and Porter have been in the coverage area for a few years along with Cleveland. 

6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

@BlackShirts5

Manvel - 3-0

Foster - 4-1

Paetow - 3-1

Hightower - 2-2

Kempner - 1-3

Terry 1-3

Angleton 0-2

Wisdom 0-2

Milby 0-0

It would be nice to know potential playoff opponents for the 1st round.  Dist 8 is in a whole other region and has no baring to either PA or United.  And the Chronicle hasn't been doing a great job like it use to of certain Houston area schools......

1 minute ago, Austin1985 said:

It would be nice to know potential playoff opponents for the 1st round.  Dist 8 is in a whole other region and has no baring to either PA or United.  And the Chronicle hasn't been doing a great job like it use to of certain Houston area schools......

If I had to keep up with the bi-district as well as our district, I guarantee you I would be making this post stone drunk because that would be what I would be driven to.

I got some further clarity on the 10-5A-I situation from both Coach Morgan and Matt Stepp.

1.  They did continue zone play.  Last week's Manvel/Richmond Foster game was the district championship game.

2.  Manvel will be the #1 seed out of 10-5A-I.

3.  Richmond Foster will be the #2 seed.

4.  Hightower has clinched a playoff berth.

5.  Paetow and Angleton play this week for the final playoff spot.

6.  If Paetow wins, they will play Hightower next week in a #3 seeding game (winner #3 loser #4)

7.  If Angleton wins, they will concede the #3 seed to Hightower and enter as the #4 seed.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

I got some further clarity on the 10-5A-I situation from both Coach Morgan and Matt Stepp.

1.  They did continue zone play.  Last week's Manvel/Richmond Foster game was the district championship game.

6.  If Paetow wins, they will play Hightower next week in a #3 seeding game (winner #3 loser #4)

7.  If Angleton wins, they will concede the #3 seed to Hightower and enter as the #4 seed.

Why would Angleton agree to concede the seeding?

12 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Finally some clarity.......