Vidor vs Silsbee

Hagar

23 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Hopefully them Pirates are inside the stadium for pre-game warm-ups. 🙌🏾😁 shouldn't be intimidated by lil ole Silsbee and have to warmup in another town. 😁 

This is what happened the last time they did that. They tend to dismiss it, i'm not sure why though, fun night. 

This is the hidden content, please

😎😁

I think I like my 2016 video better, y’all had everything to play for ( District Championship) an y’all got the ball ran down y’all’s throats. Y’ALL CHOKED BIG TIME!! Close to 2000 enrollment versus 1300 enrollment. Y’all should beat us. As bad as we played that night we still ran for 396 yards in that lost in 2017. 😂 Nice Choke Job with the District Championship on the line. Couldn’t do nothing in 6a so y’all drop down to 5a and still can’t do nothing in 5a. 😂😂

4 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Yes I remember watching that game, you guys weren’t very welcoming hosts in PA.

No handshake before the game, turned a cold shoulder and kicked our butts on the field.

Not very nice Mr. Buddy, it’s almost as if those boys were mad about something that happened the previous year.

😁

4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

With this unbearable Texas heat, everyone should be throwing shade.

It's definitely football time, 2 weeks from tonight it starts. 😎🙌🏾 

Go Tigers. 😁

On 7/28/2020 at 5:33 PM, Hagar said:

What?   What?   Look Reagan, since we’re buds, I’m telling you now, quit drinking that hand sanitizer.   That stuff will kill ya.  😂😂😂

Hagar, my friend, what's changed at Vidor that makes you think otherwise than Silsbee by as much as they want?     :  >  )

57 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Hagar, my friend, what's changed at Vidor that makes you think otherwise than Silsbee by as much as they want?     :  >  )

Glad you ask big buddy.  Of course, in HS, teams change from one year to the next, but just going on last year - PNG defeated Silsbee 48-35 and Vidor 18-10.  Nederland had an abysmal start to the season and lost to Silsbee 43-27, and beat Vidor 10-6 after coming off a 3 for 4 win streak, & Ned has always done well defending the Slot T.  Lumberton, who hadn’t run the Slot T very long, scored 12 on the Tigers, losing 24-12.  That suggest that the Tigers are not as proficient at stopping the Slot T, which the kids at Vidor have run for many years.  That alone indicates Vidor will be able to move the ball.  Barring any huge turnover difference, I think this is going to be a very close contest.  So there, you old non-believer.  😂😂😂

2 hours ago, NetCat said:

I think it being such an early game is going to have a big effect on who wins either way. 

That being said, I still think Silsbee wins...

In any normal year I'd be at this one. 

No doubt Silsbee has to be the favorite.   They’re a highly ranked team, and coming off a great season, with quite a few returning starters.   If Vidor is not able to control the ball (time of possession), it could get very ugly.  That’s all I’m basing my prediction of a close game on.  

I do admit I’m more excited for HS football than I’ve been in a long time.  It’s a giant leap toward normalcy, something we haven’t had in six months (which seems like six years).  😄

15 minutes ago, Hagar said:

No doubt Silsbee has to be the favorite.   They’re a highly ranked team, and coming off a great season, with quite a few returning starters.   If Vidor is not able to control the ball (time of possession), it could get very ugly.  That’s all I’m basing my prediction of a close game on.  

I do admit I’m more excited for HS football than I’ve been in a long time.  It’s a giant leap toward normalcy, something we haven’t had in six months (which seems like six years).  😄

Oh it could easily go in Vidor's favor. Going to be a good game!

On 8/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, Realville said:

Vidor Scrimmages Silsbee and WOS every year. Take that nonsense elsewhere. I’ve probably told you at least 2 to 3 times that Matthews has done that on numerous occasions at our own stadium. Still butthurt about these highlights and choking against little ole slow Vidor to win District!😂😂 Undefeated all season until y’all came to Vidor.😂 

I was at this game, it was surreal for a while.....good game!

24 minutes ago, Realville said:

Dirt Road Anthem Baby!! 😎😂😎😂

Throw Dem V’s Up!! Let’s get this season started!!

Lol. I love the enthusiasm, no doubt. But when homeboy is rollin through town showing pics of the Verizon store and the ole Bbq place, I was laughing my butt off. It’s like, one of the lines should be, “One horse town, ain’t got sh?? to do, thrown them V’s up homie cuz my cow’s about to moo...”. Props though. He gone keep it real all the way to the bank (or maybe just Whataburger). 

28 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Lol. I love the enthusiasm, no doubt. But when homeboy is rollin through town showing pics of the Verizon store and the ole Bbq place, I was laughing my butt off. It’s like, one of the lines should be, “One horse town, ain’t got sh?? to do, thrown them V’s up homie cuz my cow’s about to moo...”. Props though. He gone keep it real all the way to the bank (or maybe just Whataburger). 

29 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Love my little redneck town! 😂 We deserved to be bumped down to 4a for sure. Just some Vidor kids having some fun years ago throwing together a music video. Not bad for some amateur kids. Throw Dem V’s Up!😎☠️