Turf Fields in SETX

jdawg03

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason to have an artificial field would be if you are having to share a field with other schools. I know that it has changed considerably in the years since I played, and I have been on the new field turf (Northwestern State). There is still a greater risk for injuries. I think that it is a better and safer game played on grass.

Word is, that Silsbee was on the road to get a turf field for Tiger Stadium until Miss Rita showed up. Now if any money is raised or donated, it will go to reparing the damage that she caused to some of the facilities like both gyms at the high school( lots of damage there, high school has been playing all their games at the middle school gym ). Money spent on a turf field now just wouldn't be an efficient way of spending the money.

I still believe that Silsbee will be the first to get it in this area, not Beaumont. Ford Park, politicians, and school administrators just wouldn't agree on the spending to build a new stadium in Beaumont. Beaumont doesn't support anything anyway.

Guest Stack Backer

Word is' date=' that Silsbee was on the road to get a turf field for Tiger Stadium until Miss Rita showed up. Now if any money is raised or donated, it will go to reparing the damage that she caused to some of the facilities like both gyms at the high school( lots of damage there, high school has been playing all their games at the middle school gym ). Money spent on a turf field now just wouldn't be an efficient way of spending the money.

I still believe that Silsbee will be the first to get it in this area, not Beaumont. Ford Park, politicians, and school administrators just wouldn't agree on the spending to build a new stadium in Beaumont. Beaumont doesn't support anything anyway.[/quote']

Aggie, it would be nice to see field turf in the silsbee stadium , but what you've heard is just rumors. That will not happen for a while.

Dayton will be putting the newest type of Fieldturf down beginning in March. They are putting in a new field' date=' new lights and a new track this year and then next year they are redoing the seating at Bronco Stadium. Big time project for the next 2 years.[/quote']

If anyone needs it, they do. What a dump and has been for many years.

Jody will buy it! :ROFL I look for BH to have it with in 5 Years.

If I loose another $1250 fish in a bass tournament, I won't. I saw today where we have hired a former Katy Superintendent Hugh Hayes to replace our former Superintendent. Hugh is 65 years old, so who knows how long he will be there. Being from katy, maybe he will support the Football Team even more.

We passed a 43.8 Million Bond election recently, so who knows. I saw in the Baytown Sun where we have projected growth rates as follows:

2005-2008 around 2000 new students

2008-2011 around 3000 new students

I know one thing, property is higher than a cats' A** right now and there are houses going in every rice field around. Make you wonder if people know how to grow rice......... :idea:

If I win the darn lotto I'll build (issue the funds) a dome stadium' date=' which would be PAM's home field but when their away and its bad weather other teams in the Golden T could use it, but they would have to cut PAISD in on about 40% of the funds.[/quote']

I'll give you 45% if you don't let WOS use it.....Just Kidding.

I didn't get to see Wimberely but from what I heard they could have beaten ALOT of 4A Teams..I saw where they lost at least 14 starters.

YES....Wimberly was a good team. Their line, defensive backs, line-backers, and running back was their team. Their QB was avergae atbest, but their defense was tough. WOS receivers were rarely open and when they did catch the ball....oh boy the lick they took. Wimberly did what any good running team could do against WOS in 2005.

1. Stop Beasly from beating you with his legs.

2. Put pressure on Beasly and force him to throw the ball.

3. Run the ball against a weak WOS defensive line.

I just bet Bay City takes a page fromtheir 2nd half this year. They should have beatin WOS by 20, but they tried to get in a spread-offense shoot-out and Beasly ran all over them.

No Beasly means a BC VICTORY......just wait and see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder