Turf Fields in SETX

jdawg03

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why couldn't the area schools build a stadium for all to use like they do in Houston? For example: West Orange, BC, Orangefield, Little Cypress, Dewyville, Vidor could all put in together for one heck of a stadium, and play on Friday nights, Saturday afternoons, and Saturday nights. Three would be at home one week, and the other three would play away games. Just a thought.

Guest pirates

Wouldn't that be great, a Orange County Sports Complex. All it would take is one of the Superintendent's from one of the schools that were list to bring up the idea and make sure it gets to the school board, then it could happen.

• 2 years later...

I was just looking back and found this post and thought it would be nice to bring back up.  You never know someone might see this and realize tha the kids might need this. Since more of our local teams are going to the playoffs, there all mostly playing on turf fields.  I really think that it would be nice.  For a fact , what if Silsbee, Lumberton, Central, West Brook, Buna, West Hardin Daisetta, Kountze, Hardin Jefferson, Vidor, PNG, and Nederland if they had turf look how much better looking there stadium would look, just to name a few. Oh it would really look good with Kirbyville's score board.  Main thing is the [glow=red,2,300]KIDS[/glow] would love it. Anyway lets enjoy the rest of the football playoffs, from 1a to 5a.

Guest tigersvoice

I was just looking back and found this post and thought it would be nice to bring back up.  You never know someone might see this and realize tha the kids might need this. Since more of our local teams are going to the playoffs, there all mostly playing on turf fields.  I really think that it would be nice.  For a fact , what if Silsbee, Lumberton, Central, West Brook, Buna, West Hardin Daisetta, Kountze, Hardin Jefferson, Vidor, PNG, and Nederland if they had turf look how much better looking there stadium would look, just to name a few. Oh it would really look good with Kirbyville's score board.  Main thing is the [glow=red,2,300]KIDS[/glow] would love it. Anyway lets enjoy the rest of the football playoffs, from 1a to 5a.

Hey fan4life, if you want to contribute the funding for a turf field to Silsbee, I can get you an appointment before the School Board to discuss the details. ::)Thank you.

Having a turf field does not educate one child.  If a school wants turf let private donors pay for it.  Use tax dollars to actually educate our kids.

That fancy stadium at PN-G being paid for by the tax payers will not educate one kid and didn't make PN-G play any better.  Priorities!!

can somebody explain to me why 80% of the schools in east and northeast texas have turf fields, yet not one single school in setx has a turf field....do those schools just have that much more money than we do?

ttt

Having a turf field does not educate one child.  If a school wants turf let private donors pay for it.  Use tax dollars to actually educate our kids.

That fancy stadium at PN-G being paid for by the tax payers will not educate one kid and didn't make PN-G play any better.  Priorities!!

can somebody explain to me why 80% of the schools in east and northeast texas have turf fields, yet not one single school in setx has a turf field....do those schools just have that much more money than we do?

Most of the time in the playoffs if the team plays on turf then one of the coaches wanted it.  A nice grass field beats  a turf field any day of the week.  A lot of players don't like the turf.  You'd be surprised at how many. 

It would be nice to have those kind of fields, but I think the grass fields are too classic to mess with. In other words growing up going to PNG games there was nothing like going to a game and smell the grass and everything in the air that let you know you were at a high school game.

I'm with ya on that.  Its just not the same.  Even when its messy, rainy and muddy the natural grass field beats turf any day. 

I think so to. I love the place in Lufkin, they have that looking nice. A few NFL players from Lufkin actually paid for all of that.

LOL Thats not true COOP they have 5 Players in the NFL that gave about 20 grand each and the NFL matched it. That paid for weights and weight platforms in their indoor facility but the turf and facilities themselves were paid for by bonds and industry there in Lufkin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder