West Orange-Stark 21 Sweeny 3/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 minutes ago, dj said:

W.o made this game harder than it was. They have to many backs to not to run different kids. Can't understand the offense play calling at all. Sweeney had a couple descent athlete and that's it. Worried again abt this play calling. 

Yes, I think we could have gotten outside on them with success. 

18 minutes ago, MMstangfan said:

Yes, I think we could have gotten outside on them with success. 

They were so tired up the middle of there defense. They had to pinch down every play to stop the run up the middle.so if u can explain it to me please do.the QB wasn't  throwing bad passes.i dont know why we didn't keep throwing deep bcz there corners were horrible. 

19 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Sweeny had NOTHING for us. should’ve been 35-0 easily but i’ll take the W. Our defense has dramatically improved but still have to tighten up that middle. Also need to limit the fumbles. Think we fumbled about 4 times. Overall we’ll be ok, but that playcalling......

One thing abt our middle. Is when we try to leave 54 and 51 in there we are vulnerable. That's why I said in another post that 58 and 69 alone with 49.makes us pretty descent up front. We just gotta continue to rotate the other 2 in there.

35 minutes ago, wosfan1992 said:

Sweeny had NOTHING for us. should’ve been 35-0 easily but i’ll take the W. Our defense has dramatically improved but still have to tighten up that middle. Also need to limit the fumbles. Think we fumbled about 4 times. Overall we’ll be ok, but that playcalling......

Really? Lol cmon now. Both didnt play the best game but Sweeny play calling is horrible but their defense played damn good. Close game until the end. WOS is decent but not world beaters no hate just saying cmon with the post. Sweeny ran the same plays over and over. But Good luck to yall next week against Jasper. Off to watch my Shadow Creek Sharks!

9 minutes ago, dogs_21 said:

Really? Lol cmon now. Both didnt play the best game but Sweeny play calling is horrible but their defense played damn good. Close game until the end. WOS is decent but not world beaters no hate just saying cmon with the post. Sweeny ran the same plays over and over. But Good luck to yall next week against Jasper. Off to watch my Shadow Creek Sharks!

I had the same thought... the whole Sweeny has nothing for us is a bit of over confidence lol

First the refs were terrible a bunch of Mo4’s!!!

I figured that conditioning was going to be a factor today and it was. Sweeny’s defense was big and could not make stops in the second half they got wore DOWN. WOS left at least 3 TD’s on the field because of turnovers. I’m totally upset at what happened to Wilson and the officiating crew failed to protect him. How in the heck can you see every wrong that the Mustangs did but, not see when Sweeny was committing fouls? That kid was hurt and if I was his mother I would file a complaint against the whole bunch of them….

Final thought on this game then moving on to the next one. Sweeny's #1 rusher didn't play almost the whole first half. That makes no sense to me. I understand the reason they were prob trying to save him. But they should've came out charging that offense. Try to catch the stangs on their heels. They were running a back who hasn't had one carry all year. I think their starter ran a few at the end of the 2nd but no luck. Those two possessions the stangs had in the red zone they should've scored on. Hated the kicker missed that fg attempt. So yes I think it should've been 14-0 in the 1st for sure. Or even 10-0. I think the Sweeny offense was good but not some overwhelming offense the stangs couldn't handle. They had some big boys up front but not very quick. The QB and the few backs were good just not good enough to rack up their average of 40+ points against the chain gang. Chain gang played pretty decent tonight they did show a few problems up the middle. I watched those coaches do what they do and coach those boys when they got off the field when they made mistakes. The 4th quarter was most definitely the game changer. Stangs had 2 scores and that fumble recover nailed the coffin closed. I saw alot of dirty ball from those Sweeny defense players. Sweeny had 4 defensive facemask penalties and 2 were pretty violent. Coach T made a good call with a few minutes left after that last facemask and decided to call a timeout and run the clock out. So I know offense didnt play that great, execution of play calling/kids out of position etc... but every game is a coaching opportunity to better the kids and with this win they have another week to show how great they can be. Can't wait until next week!! 

7 minutes ago, Magnus1on11 said:

Final thought on this game then moving on to the next one. Sweeny's #1 rusher didn't play almost the whole first half. That makes no sense to me. I understand the reason they were prob trying to save him. But they should've came out charging that offense. Try to catch the stangs on their heels. They were running a back who hasn't had one carry all year. I think their starter ran a few at the end of the 2nd but no luck. Those two possessions the stangs had in the red zone they should've scored on. Hated the kicker missed that fg attempt. So yes I think it should've been 14-0 in the 1st for sure. Or even 10-0. I think the Sweeny offense was good but not some overwhelming offense the stangs couldn't handle. They had some big boys up front but not very quick. The QB and the few backs were good just not good enough to rack up their average of 40+ points against the chain gang. Chain gang played pretty decent tonight they did show a few problems up the middle. I watched those coaches do what they do and coach those boys when they got off the field when they made mistakes. The 4th quarter was most definitely the game changer. Stangs had 2 scores and that fumble recover nailed the coffin closed. I saw alot of dirty ball from those Sweeny defense players. Sweeny had 4 defensive facemask penalties and 2 were pretty violent. Coach T made a good call with a few minutes left after that last facemask and decided to call a timeout and run the clock out. So I know offense didnt play that great, execution of play calling/kids out of position etc... but every game is a coaching opportunity to better the kids and with this win they have another week to show how great they can be. Can't wait until next week!! 

Still refuse to play mustang football for 4 quarters ,still not understanding that. Sweeny came to play we just happened to play a little bit better with 9 minutes left otherwise it was a Toss up til then