MAGA!

Reagan

Jmo, but I think Jeff Sessions was useless due to fear of the liberal media.

Okay, here’s my .02 cents on the deficit, that hasn’t been mentioned so far.  Neither Party will do anything about the deficit.  And the only Party that complains about the deficit is the Party not in charge.  Blame - the Dems for to much social spending, and the Repubs for not having nads enough to stop the spending.  

11 hours ago, Hagar said:

Jmo, but I think Jeff Sessions was useless due to fear of the liberal media.

Okay, here’s my .02 cents on the deficit, that hasn’t been mentioned so far.  Neither Party will do anything about the deficit.  And the only Party that complains about the deficit is the Party not in charge.  Blame - the Dems for to much social spending, and the Repubs for not having nads enough to stop the spending.  

Whenever the Republicans bring up tax cuts or Heaven forbid, cutting a program’s funding (or simply increasing it less), the Dems scream about throwing Grandma off the cliff or taking food out of kid’s mouths.

I agree the Republicans cave but the Dems would spend is into ruination if given the chance to govern unchecked.

14 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I thought trump picking him for a.g. was just draining the swamp. He doesn't hold any position now. 1 down 535 left to go

I guess Trump, and most of his supporters, were fooled by Sessions.  Looking back, not sure why.  Most politicians are afraid of the media.  That’s one of the things I admire about Trump, he doesn’t give a Shiite about media intimidation.

Btw, just watched a clip from 1987 when he was on Letterman.  Same Trump, except a little more hair.  

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, westend1 said:

About the same as they did after Obama was elected.  Prove me wrong.  In fact, post a graph since 2008.  Let's look at it.

One major difference.  Mr. Obama assumed his position shortly after the market had experienced a 40% decline.  Not true for when Trump  took office.   the S&P 500 index advanced 28.7% from Nov 4, 2008 to feb 22 2011.  it advanced 30.5% from nov 8 2016, through Feb 22, 2019.  Within your beliefs of the Obama economy, when Trump took over(  from that vibrant Obama economy) everything was wonderful( and therefore much harder for the market to perform since all of the good news was priced in) and when Obama took over, things were discounted 40%.  I might also add that currently, black and Hispanic unemployment are both at RECORD lows.  I also would remind you that the Obama administration is the only Presidential administration that failed to have at least one year of GDP at 3% or more.

16 minutes ago, stevenash said:

The debt grew more during the Obama years than all of the previous administrations combined.

That tends to happen when the government has to bail out the private sector after driving into the ditch. Refer to Great Depression, which is where Bush ll almost sent us with his off the books war. 

Obama’s steady hand guided us through quite the critical moment. My 401k recovered nicely during his tenure, and the fruits continue to pay dividends despite Trump’s efforts to spend us into oblivion.

6 minutes ago, UT alum said:

That tends to happen when the government has to bail out the private sector after driving into the ditch. Refer to Great Depression, which is where Bush ll almost sent us with his off the books war. 

Obama’s steady hand guided us through quite the critical moment. My 401k recovered nicely during his tenure, and the fruits continue to pay dividends despite Trump’s efforts to spend us into oblivion.

lol...that's funny

He does not understand the cyclicality of the economy and the undeniable FACT, that there has NEVER been a recession from which we did not recover.  The moment may have been difficult, but the resilience of the economy showed itself as it always has.  He apparently also does not understand that the "ditch drive" was caused by the housing crisis that he and I have already discussed at length.

36 minutes ago, stevenash said:

He does not understand the cyclicality of the economy and the undeniable FACT, that there has NEVER been a recession from which we did not recover.  The moment may have been difficult, but the resilience of the economy showed itself as it always has.  He apparently also does not understand that the "ditch drive" was caused by the housing crisis that he and I have already discussed at length.

They do not want to own the housing crisis perpetrated solely by the dims.

35 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Unfortunately, he believes the housing crisis is directly attributable to the Bush administration even though nothing could be further from the truth

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

Starting with the 2002 budget request in April 2001, the Bush administration raised red flags about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. In 2003, the White House warned that financial problems with the organizations could spread well beyond the housing sector and proposed to Congress that they create a new regulatory agency to supervise Fannie and Freddie.

On Sept. 10, 2003, Rep. Frank objected, stating, “Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are not in a crisis”¦ The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially”¦ But the more pressure there is, then the less I think we will see in terms of affordable housing.”

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:33 AM, UT alum said:

Forgot an important item.  That "steady hand" also produced the only downgrade of United States debt rating ever.

2 hours ago, UT alum said:

Duh. That’s what happens when an economy as large as ours crashes. At least he kept it from burning.

The downgrade happened in 2011, three years into Obama's reign. Standard & Poors issued the downgrade because of the poor outlook of American policies and RISING debt, not the crash perpetuated by the housing crisis. 

What policies did Obama enact that kept the economy from burning?

14 hours ago, UT alum said:

Duh. That’s what happens when an economy as large as ours crashes. At least he kept it from burning.

Do tell.  When is the last time it "burned"?  Our resilient economy would have recovered regardless of who was occupying the position of President.  It ALWAYS has recovered from economic downturns, both mild and severe.  The recovery could/should have been a lot more brisk without the phalanx of regulations, tax increases, and Obamacare.  Hence, as previously stated, the only modern day President without a single year of GDP in excess of 3% during his tenure.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Best play in Baseball history was 43 yrs ago today.  Rick Monday would probably get booed by some today 

The vast majority would still cheer at a baseball game, but you’re right, there would still be a few losers booing.

You wouldn’t want to try that rescue at the DNC.

I love it!