Earl Thomas and Orange

navydawg31

36 minutes ago, mat said:

Well, you all have proven me to be out of touch. What is POC?

I'm gonna guess...... People of color. I could be wrong.

About the article...... Seems to me that an article about Earlier Thomas III should have some more quotes or opinions from Earl himself instead of filling in the blanks. Had zero quotes from Earl about racism. If I missed it, let me know.

4 hours ago, baddog said:

I'm gonna guess...... People of color. I could be wrong.

About the article...... Seems to me that an article about Earlier Thomas III should have some more quotes or opinions from Earl himself instead of filling in the blanks. Had zero quotes from Earl about racism. If I missed it, let me know.

i think you're correct.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:09 PM, MackLewis said:

I don’t have a problem, nor do I think that Orange has a significant problem like the article states.

i don’t play the blame game, and throw pity parties.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I asked friends and family that still live in Orange and they say nothing's changed. It may be worse thanks to social media. 

And by the way a confederate memorial on MLK is a big problem. Its a middle finger to the black community. There's no explaining that one away. Or the poll that showed a lot of support for that despicable POS.

4 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

I have always like Earl. I have never met him personally, but he has always represented SETX well, not just on the field, but off it as well. This article does not do him justice.

According to his mom, he was less than pleased with that article.  Suffice it to say that “reporter” won’t be getting any exclusives with ET any time soon.  

9 hours ago, BearEssentials97 said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I asked friends and family that still live in Orange and they say nothing's changed. It may be worse thanks to social media. 

And by the way a confederate memorial on MLK is a big problem. Its a middle finger to the black community. There's no explaining that one away. Or the poll that showed a lot of support for that despicable POS.

IMO, Orange has way more problems than a confederate memorial.  I’d be more worried about fatherless children and grandparents raising grandkids.  Along with multiple shooting and armed robberies every week.

2 hours ago, MackLewis said:

IMO, Orange has way more problems than a confederate memorial.  I’d be more worried about fatherless children and grandparents raising grandkids.  Along with multiple shooting and armed robberies every week.

Yea that's a pretty terrible problem. These things are intertwined. I know the good people on the ground trying to knock sense in these knuckleheads. Its an on going process.