#1 ☆Silsbee☆ VS WO.S

Who That

This has been on my mind all day, and I surely can't condone the act.  I am still not sure though exactly where I stand on the punishment.  It had to be dealt with and had to be dealt with sternly.  I still think I feel that in my opinion,  the best idea may have been that presented earlier in the year in response to the Celina QB by WOS99:

" I am all for giving the kid options. A harsher punishment - an extended suspension or even removal from the team - or a less severe (but still tough) penalty in exchange for a public show of contrition - maybe an open letter or statement of apology and some form of community service. A show of humility. Let him choose."

i supported that decision then and I still think it would have been good today.  Notice the and in their after the apology part and in addition to the apology and community service a lesser suspension should have gone with it.

49 minutes ago, WO-S 89 said:

Will the UIL hand down any punishment or do they let the district decide it? 

UIL generally leaves these matters up to the districts and the DEC.   I would highly doubt they would interject themselves into this based upon the swiftness and the manner in which this has been handled.  

It goes without saying, but we're living in the age of instant communication.  The internet, msg boards like this one, instagram, twitter, etc.  Video is everywhere.  Anyone can record anything. The ability to speak your mind is as close as a smart phone, & everyone has one, just about.  i am old enough to remember when all this didn't exist.  So, I can compare and contrast. 

You see athletes at the pro level get in trouble all the time about what they said, or for video of what they did.  It is at the high school level too.  Stuff you could get away with back in the day will get you in deep trouble now. 

I work in a public office.  I am the only guy that works there.  Everyone else is a woman.  Many of the customers are women, from minors to very the old.  There are guys that come around, state troopers, police officers, etc. But, they don't sit there all day and do what I do.  I see and hear everything, & I do mean everything.  Well, maybe not everything but a lot of suggestive things.  6'6" 240 lb trans, (to each his own), all types of couples, every type of ethnic group and religion you can think of.  I've been cursed out more times than I can remember.

Occasionally i slip up & say something I regret saying.  I've spent the whole weekend reviewing in my mind something I said.  People can report you to the highest levels in Austin.  I work for the state, btw.  But nothing happens.  I've done it here too.  My bad.  The person let it slide, just as I've let some offensive things said to me slide.  I try to learn from those mistakes and keep going.

Wrapping it all up we all need to pray more.  I am coming from a christian point of view.  I am hoping & praying it all works out for Devon, and for the team as a whole.

5 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

Is this because of sponsors or what has happened and the fallout of the LCM game? I enjoy listening to the games since I live in Tomball. 

Neither, since the beginning of the year the two admins of this site (me and AAW) have been playing a game of "Can you top this?" to see who can develop worse flu like symptoms.  Current score, we are neck and neck.

16 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Neither, since the beginning of the year the two admins of this site (me and AAW) have been playing a game of "Can you top this?" to see who can develop worse flu like symptoms.  Current score, we are neck and neck.

You two need to stop passing that stuff back and forth.  Are we going to have to separate you two?