West Brook Open

4 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Yes

Doesn't seem right to me.  I know it's all in the same district but:  the guy that wins at a 6a level gets paid the same as someone that coaches a mediocre 5a team, and someone else that coaches a bad 5a team with 4a enrollment.  I would think the pay would be by experience, record and classification level.  Kids have to earn their position and playing time.  Make the coaches earn their pay.  

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Here's a good question.  Other multiple school districts...  Are the pay amongst each school the same?

Go look at the salaries of the head coaches in Katy ISD. Far from the same.

Based on experience.

Personally, I think a coach that has been at a school for several years should make more than a coach who just was hired to be a head coach for the first time. Never understood why the Ozen head coach made the same salary as Foreman and Flanigan. Makes no sense.

13 hours ago, CCRed said:

Doesn't seem right to me.  I know it's all in the same district but:  the guy that wins at a 6a level gets paid the same as someone that coaches a mediocre 5a team, and someone else that coaches a bad 5a team with 4a enrollment.  I would think the pay would be by experience, record and classification level.  Kids have to earn their position and playing time.  Make the coaches earn their pay.  

I agree 100%.  And if I didn't know any better, I'd say you are probably a Republican

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, Mighty Mo said:

Who would you hire?  Defense gave up an average of 40 points a game and that's being nice. The OC  is going to go with the head coach more then likely. There's going to be some great  candidates that  are  going to apply for the job! 6 A football is no joke! You can bet that the applicants will have a winner record! Who ever they hire it's all good! Just want the best experience coach for the job! Keep in mind that when Coach Stump resign from his position they didn't hire any of the remaining Westbrook coaches that apply for the head coaching job! When asked why, the Principal said we need someone that has experience being a head coach! Good luck to them all!

Players gotta make plays.  I believe there has only been one senior to get a scholarship (committed to Yale) from the defensive side.  This past year no one stood out on defense.  not to mention you had several former offensive coaches coaching defense. 

Different principal

its a Female principal now.....who likes Peevey.

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Based on experience.

Personally, I think a coach that has been at a school for several years should make more than a coach who just was hired to be a head coach for the first time. Never understood why the Ozen head coach made the same salary as Foreman and Flanigan. Makes no sense.

I agree with your 3rd paragraph.  

But what about Houston ISD? FB ISD?  Aldine ISD? Conroe ISD...  Baskically any multi school district...

23 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Based on experience.

I'm not surprised by anything that happens involving Beaumont ISD.  If Westbrook hired a chimpanzee and said "We did it to save the district money".... I'd probably not be surprised.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Here's a good question.  Other multiple school districts...  Are the pay amongst each school the same?

Yeah, in this area pretty much the same if the years of service are similar. For instance, CISD paid coach Carson at College Park over $110k last year. Mark Schmidt at the Woodlands only made $112k. Coach Carson has only won 6 games or more at CP once in eleven years, coach Schmidt has only won less than 6 games once in the last 13 years.

22 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Players gotta make plays.  I believe there has only been one senior to get a scholarship (committed to Yale) from the defensive side.  This past year no one stood out on defense.  not to mention you had several former offensive coaches coaching defense. 

Different principal

its a Female principal now.....who likes Peevey.

Well your right, players have to make plays but it's the coaches responsible to remove the players who are not doing there job. Westbrook is loaded with talent and hidden talent.You also mention that they had several former offensive coaches coaching defense. So then why would you have them coaching defensive. That's why you need a head coach with experience not a coach that the  principal happens to like! Would she hire someone to teach math because she happens to like them or hire someone with experience in teaching math! It's about teaching not about if I like you!  An experience coach will teach his coaches how to coach on both sides of the ball. Just hate to see Westbrook not get a good coach with experience and who knows how to coach on both sides of the ball all because the principal happens to like Peevey! If her mind is already made up on  hiring Peevey who she happens to likes. Then there's no need for anyone with experience to apply for the job! It's all good!

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Based on experience.

Katy is really the only one with a big delta in coaching salaries though, that because some of their coaches have been with the district for so long. Gary Joseph has been the head coach at Katy for a while now, but he's been with KISD much longer. Similar to coach Clayton at Cinco Ranch who only makes about $5k less than Joseph and hasn't had nearly the success. Cy-Fair pays over $1mil in yearly head coaching salaries and they're pretty evenly distributed. I agree they shouldn't make nearly as much but how else would you attract top coaching talent to some of these schools that really don't have a chance at winning big?

12 hours ago, WestbrookBruin23 said:

I'd hire Langston hometown boy who went to West brook he has been in coaching for awhile and I think he wants to be at west brook. Peevey is good and all I'd be fine with it. But Langston much more experienced and I personally think he did a good job at Lamar. 

Is he going to apply for the job or is it just a rumor?

58 minutes ago, Mighty Mo said:

Well your right, players have to make plays but it's the coaches responsible to remove the players who are not doing there job. Westbrook is loaded with talent and hidden talent.You also mention that they had several former offensive coaches coaching defense. So then why would you have them coaching defensive. That's why you need a head coach with experience not a coach that the  principal happens to like! Would she hire someone to teach math because she happens to like them or hire someone with experience in teaching math! It's about teaching not about if I like you!  An experience coach will teach his coaches how to coach on both sides of the ball. Just hate to see Westbrook not get a good coach with experience and who knows how to coach on both sides of the ball all because the principal happens to like Peevey! If her mind is already made up on  hiring Peevey who she happens to likes. Then there's no need for anyone with experience to apply for the job! It's all good!

I'm pretty certain that the principal doesn't get to hire head football coaches.

41 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm pretty certain that the principal doesn't get to hire head football coaches.

Well from what I know they have the upperhand due to it is a campus position and their is no AD position attached to it.

Also keep in mind AD position will be open as well.  And Westbrook needs to hire someone in the next month so that spring football is successful.  If there is no head coach hired before then....then its not good for the program.  Given they do have to be thorough with the hiring process to get a good coach.

In your opinion who should do the hiring......the AD that's leaving, school board, super....

3 hours ago, Mighty Mo said:

Most of that talent you are talking about is on the offensive side of the ball.  Also several players on defense got let go due to players not following the rules(discipline).  Talent will always surface....none did on the defensive side because there wasn't any stand out talented individual

As far as coaches coaching I have no clue to that. 

The reason she likes him is because the student athletes respond well to him, he cares about their well being, he's a disciplinarian, but fair....they have a established a good program/system.

you come off like you have a personal issue with the coaches that are there. 

I guess going 11 - 2  and 3 rounds deep doesn't mean anything to you

Yes they should take applicants and interview then weigh their options. 

32 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Well from what I know they have the upperhand due to it is a campus position and their is no AD position attached to it.

Also keep in mind AD position will be open as well.  And Westbrook needs to hire someone in the next month so that spring football is successful.  If there is no head coach hired before then....then its not good for the program.  Given they do have to be thorough with the hiring process to get a good coach.

In your opinion who should do the hiring......the AD that's leaving, school board, super....

Sup should hire the admin positions.  AD, campus principals, etc...
AD should hire head coaches and asst coaches (in coordination with the campus principals bc of teaching openings)
HFC should hire football asst coaches at his campus (in coordination with campus principal bc of teaching openings)
Campus principals should hire classroom teachers for their campus.

All should be recommended to sup, who then recommends to the board.

In this case, I would think it perfectly acceptable for the sup to hire the next HFC since the AD is leaving.  In my opinion.  If there were more time I would say the sup needs to hire an AD first...and then the AD hire the HFC.  But like you said...they need a HFC in there before spring starts.

53 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Sup should hire the admin positions.  AD, campus principals, etc...
AD should hire head coaches and asst coaches (in coordination with the campus principals bc of teaching openings)
HFC should hire football asst coaches at his campus (in coordination with campus principal bc of teaching openings)
Campus principals should hire classroom teachers for their campus.

All should be recommended to sup, who then recommends to the board.

In this case, I would think it perfectly acceptable for the sup to hire the next HFC since the AD is leaving.  In my opinion.  If there were more time I would say the sup needs to hire an AD first...and then the AD hire the HFC.  But like you said...they need a HFC in there before spring starts.

I agree.

but I don't trust the SUP to make this decision at this big of a district and that goes for all multi high school districts.....just my opinion.