Obama's farewell speech

LumRaiderFan

Trump looks sooooo small.  Just not the same league in terms of character.  I can't even imagine Trump's farewell speech.  "First I'd like to give Merrill Streep a piece of my mind..."

I've signed on for Trump to see if his big ideas help American workers.  The wealthy had their nirvana over the past 5 administrations.

24 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Trump looks sooooo small.  Just not the same league in terms of character.  I can't even imagine Trump's farewell speech.  "First I'd like to give Merrill Streep a piece of my mind..."

I've signed on for Trump to see if his big ideas help American workers.  The wealthy had their nirvana over the past 5 administrations.

I have had my fill of good appearances and great speeches and the election results suggests the same for the American people.  I am very willing to see if someone who does not speak as well or act as dignified can actually accomplish something.  Hopefully, this administration will provide substance over symbolism rather than the standard symbolism over substance.  Drawing a red line was very symbolic but there was zilch behind the gesture.  I dont want any more of that.

8 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I have had my fill of good appearances and great speeches and the election results suggests the same for the American people.  I am very willing to see if someone who does not speak as well or act as dignified can actually accomplish something.  Hopefully, this administration will provide substance over symbolism rather than the standard symbolism over substance.  Drawing a red line was very symbolic but there was zilch behind the gesture.  I dont want any more of that.

We shall see.  Praying that Trump is successful and makes our country even better.  His wheelhouse is negotiating ...start with trade deals and corporations.

I voted for Obama the first time he ran.  I firmly opposed him during his second campaign, and voted against him.  In the lead up to this election, I was disappointed with both candidates that we were offered, and didn't vote for either.  I didn't think I had a favorite out of the two, and I was surprised on election night when I felt relief that trump beat out Hillary.  I don't know that he'll be a good president, and I won't be surprised if he's not.  That being said, I think that he has the chance to institute a lot of necessary changes that a professional politician would choose not to make, and I hope that he can do so in a fair and reasonable way.  Either way, I'm glad that Obama's time as president is over.  Here's to hoping that the next 4 (or 8) years bring about a positive change in our country.  We certainly need it.

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I voted for Obama the first time he ran.  I firmly opposed him during his second campaign, and voted against him.  In the lead up to this election, I was disappointed with both candidates that we were offered, and didn't vote for either.  I didn't think I had a favorite out of the two, and I was surprised on election night when I felt relief that trump beat out Hillary.  I don't know that he'll be a good president, and I won't be surprised if he's not.  That being said, I think that he has the chance to institute a lot of necessary changes that a professional politician would choose not to make, and I hope that he can do so in a fair and reasonable way.  Either way, I'm glad that Obama's time as president is over.  Here's to hoping that the next 4 (or 8) years bring about a positive change in our country.  We certainly need it.

I agree ...if he can stop being distracted by shiny objects.  Trump may be the biggest God-send for everyday Americans we've seen.  

If you think about it, Trump antics are really a slap in the face to the group of intelligent and articulate people that voted for him and have his back.  If he keeps it up, at some point even his devote supporters will have enough.  He hasn't even been sworn in and is wearing us thin with Tweets. 

1 hour ago, Remmus said:

You didn't faint during the speech, did you?

17 minutes ago, Remmus said:

If you think about it, Trump antics are really a slap in the face to the group of intelligent and articulate people that voted for him and have his back.  If he keeps it up, at some point even his devote supporters will have enough.  He hasn't even been sworn in and is wearing us thin with Tweets. 

Don't put importance on tweets, put importance on actions and results.

...and I doubt very seriously that you have any clue what his most devoted supporters think.

5 hours ago, Remmus said:

The people that voted for Trump did so in spite of him. 

They want a couple of conservative judges on the SCOTUS. They want to end the rush to gun control every time there is an act of violence that gun control will not slow one bit. They want the health care system improved. They want the tax system reformed.

The people that tossed out Hillary's chances of running the country voted for Trump even though all kinds of groups of people got butt hurt at some point in the election. The people are fed up with the last 8 years. 

Going back over 100 years, Obama is the only two term president to lose votes (over 3 million) in his reelection. The only other president to lose any votes was the third term of FDR. The voting public could see what was happening and Hillary was seen as his legacy. 

To make it short, people did not vote for Trump. They voted against Obama's third term. I think there is a good chance that they will get what they wanted and that is lightening of business rules, the SCOTUS, etc. The rest is just fluff. 

8 hours ago, tvc184 said:

The people that voted for Trump did so in spite of him. 

They want a couple of conservative judges on the SCOTUS. They want to end the rush to gun control every time there is an act of violence that gun control will not slow one bit. They want the health care system improved. They want the tax system reformed.

The people that tossed out Hillary's chances of running the country voted for Trump even though all kinds of groups of people got butt hurt at some point in the election. The people are fed up with the last 8 years. 

Going back over 100 years, Obama is the only two term president to lose votes (over 3 million) in his reelection. The only other president to lose any votes was the third term of FDR. The voting public could see what was happening and Hillary was seen as his legacy. 

To make it short, people did not vote for Trump. They voted against Obama's third term. I think there is a good chance that they will get what they wanted and that is lightening of business rules, the SCOTUS, etc. The rest is just fluff. 

This is what Dems don't comprehend. They think we all absolutely love Trump and are okay with some of the things that he says. This whole mess is not about Trump. This was about Obama and Clinton. The Republicans could have ran ANYBODY and won this election.  

Trump won because he found an audience that Hillary Clinton took for granted, i.e., working class Americans.  Trump vowed (and to his credit, thus far, he has kept his vow) to get Americans back to work.  People of all color, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, etc. want an opportunity to work and provide for his/her family.  People in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, Florida, Texas and all across this great nation want Americans back to work.  That is exactly why Trump is pushing his agenda with Carrier, Ford, General Motors, Boeing, the steel industry, the coal industry, etc.  It's time we stop sending jobs elsewhere, be it to Mexico, Taiwan, China, or India.  Let's put the great people of the USA back to work making the goods and services we need.  We can make refrigerators, toasters, steel bridges, cars, trucks, etc. right here in the USA.  Let's give lower and middle class Americans an opportunity to earn decent wages and provide good products and services.  Yes, business owners/shareholders should make a profit.  No one denies that premise.  But, CEOs and other executives making tens of millions while the common man and woman risks losing his/her job to an overseas job market is not what made the USA the land of opportunity.  Trump figured out the frustration of John Q. and Sally Q. Public, and he made that his platform.  Whereas, Hillary Clinton took that vote for granted and stayed focus on buzzword politics, i.e., Dem v. Rep, corporations v. unions, tax increases v. tax cuts, spending for social services v. spending on the military, a woman's right to choose v. pro-life, etc.  It's like Bill Clinton used to say:  It's not about who sleeps with who or any other social issue...it's all about the economy.  Here's to the President (be it President Obama or President-elect Trump) being a good leader for all Americans.

3...2...1...let the hard core conservatives tear apart this post.

Go Indians.  Peace.

18 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Trump won because he found an audience that Hillary Clinton took for granted, i.e., working class Americans.  Trump vowed (and to his credit, thus far, he has kept his vow) to get Americans back to work.  People of all color, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, etc. want an opportunity to work and provide for his/her family.  People in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, Florida, Texas and all across this great nation want Americans back to work.  That is exactly why Trump is pushing his agenda with Carrier, Ford, General Motors, Boeing, the steel industry, the coal industry, etc.  It's time we stop sending jobs elsewhere, be it to Mexico, Taiwan, China, or India.  Let's put the great people of the USA back to work making the goods and services we need.  We can make refrigerators, toasters, steel bridges, cars, trucks, etc. right here in the USA.  Let's give lower and middle class Americans an opportunity to earn decent wages and provide good products and services.  Yes, business owners/shareholders should make a profit.  No one denies that premise.  But, CEOs and other executives making tens of millions while the common man and woman risks losing his/her job to an overseas job market is not what made the USA the land of opportunity.  Trump figured out the frustration of John Q. and Sally Q. Public, and he made that his platform.  Whereas, Hillary Clinton took that vote for granted and stayed focus on buzzword politics, i.e., Dem v. Rep, corporations v. unions, tax increases v. tax cuts, spending for social services v. spending on the military, a woman's right to choose v. pro-life, etc.  It's like Bill Clinton used to say:  It's not about who sleeps with who or any other social issue...it's all about the economy.  Here's to the President (be it President Obama or President-elect Trump) being a good leader for all Americans.

Go Indians.  Peace.

I like. Very thought out response.  

24 minutes ago, 1989NDN said:

Go Indians.  Peace.

Not much to tear apart, good post...just don't see why the salary of a CEO of a private, stockholder owned company concerns folks so much.

Athletes make millions and simply play a game and the same folks usually have no problem with that.

For clarification, I don't have a problem with either...earn what the market will pay you.

20 hours ago, stevenash said:

This country had that with G. Bush lmao. We had 911, and the worse economic downfall in history. I do not believe Trump nor Hillary nor Berney were the right people to run this country. I actually  like Kasich. Lets see how fast Trump -'s up the country, believe me it is coming.

7 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

This country had that with G. Bush lmao. We had 911, and the worse economic downfall in history. I do not believe Trump nor Hillary nor Berney were the right people to run this country. I actually  like Kasich. Lets see how fast Trump -'s up the country, believe me it is coming.

I like Kasich too, but he's not the guy to really shake up Washington.  

3 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Go Indians.  Peace.

I've said for year that Republicans and so-called conservatives bought and sold the working man FOR YEARS.  They pandered to the working class the same way Democrats pander to minorities.  Republicans were the tool of big business and the wealthy.  Trump has put all of this on it's ear.  If nothing else, it's a strong message to the establishment to not take the working class for granted.  Also, I agree that the economy is top of the list for most people.  

I'd soooooooooooooo love to see that import tax get passed.  So many businesses would have a hard smack of Karma.

4 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not much to tear apart, good post...just don't see why the salary of a CEO of a private, stockholder owned company concerns folks so much.

Athletes make millions and simply play a game and the same folks usually have no problem with that.

For clarification, I don't have a problem with either...earn what the market will pay you.

I agree.  Btw, I've heard it estimated that he'll lose approx $28 million by not spending the next four years working at ExxonMobil.  And although a millionaire many times over, that's still a lot of money.  Could he possibly be doing it because he loves America?  Is he that nasty word that sends the left into anxiety, a patriot?  

33 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I agree.  Btw, I've heard it estimated that he'll lose approx $28 million by not spending the next four years working at ExxonMobil.  And although a millionaire many times over, that's still a lot of money.  Could he possibly be doing it because he loves America?  Is he that nasty word that sends the left into anxiety, a patriot?  

Or he could possibly be banking on the fact that he can setup a "charitable" foundation to be used as a personal slush fund. He can use his position to solicit billions of dollars through pay for play, and without fear of prosecution. But one would have to be an incredible scumbag not worthy of oxygen to dream up a pathetic scheme like that. So yeah, I think he is doing it for love of country.

9 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Or he could possibly be banking on the fact that he can setup a "charitable" foundation to be used as a personal slush fund. He can use his position to solicit billions of dollars through pay for play, and without fear of prosecution. But one would have to be an incredible scumbag not worthy of oxygen to dream up a pathetic scheme like that. So yeah, I think he is doing for love of country.

Lmbo.  Well played!

14 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Or he could possibly be banking on the fact that he can setup a "charitable" foundation to be used as a personal slush fund. He can use his position to solicit billions of dollars through pay for play, and without fear of prosecution. But one would have to be an incredible scumbag not worthy of oxygen to dream up a pathetic scheme like that. So yeah, I think he is doing for love of country.

Hmmm...who could do such a thing?

2 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Blaming Bush for the financial crisis is 2008 is very very lame

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

Or he could possibly be banking on the fact that he can setup a "charitable" foundation to be used as a personal slush fund. He can use his position to solicit billions of dollars through pay for play, and without fear of prosecution. But one would have to be an incredible scumbag not worthy of oxygen to dream up a pathetic scheme like that. So yeah, I think he is doing it for love of country.

Common Rem- aren't you going to "balance" this comment out?