WOS topic of conversation on 6A

Goblin

The fact that that is actually happening is funny enough given the huge differences in enrollments but some of the comments are amusing. Katy is taking up for us. Cibolo Steele seems butthurt. Lol

This is the hidden content, please

Delete if you don't want me linking to other sites. Not trying to advertise for them at all just found it funny they even bit at the bait.

I've been trying to tell people that all year long that this isn't a typical WOS team. Are they better than the 86', 87' teams? Who knows? Good topic of debate. But when you look at all the intangibles and take the name of jersey off the front, and disregard classification, this team pretty much matches up with anyone.

1 hour ago, 3rdone said:

I've been trying to tell people that all year long that this isn't a typical WOS team. Are they better than the 86', 87' teams? Who knows? Good topic of debate. But when you look at all the intangibles and take the name of jersey off the front, and disregard classification, this team pretty much matches up with anyone.

They might match up for a while but the difference in depth would catch up to them in the end.

Being ranked 23 in the nation is saying something. They put 70 on a team that was undefeated and had just beaten ANOTHER undefeated team. 3 td's called back and you still win by 6 TD's??? I remember actually laughing uncomfortably at some point in disbelief...

I mean maybe 4a is that weak

16 hours ago, Goblin said:

Latest USA Today National Top 25 

Look who's #23

Whether or not they are better or worse than the bigger teams matters not.   The mere fact they made the USA Today Top 25 is a HUGE honor.   I wonder when the last time a school from their classification made this list?  I'll bet if there was, it would be a 3A school because it was before the reclassifications.  Anyway, I know it's not the goal of those boys but still quite an honor in my opinion!

4 hours ago, bigdog said:

They might match up for a while but the difference in depth would catch up to them in the end.

For once, you and I agree bigdog. 11 vs. 11 I take WOS; oherwise, depth would kill them. Big schools would just keep rolling out the hogs and wear you down. Hard to play against nearly total senior teams.

3 hours ago, robanadana said:

For once, you and I agree bigdog. 11 vs. 11 I take WOS; oherwise, depth would kill them. Big schools would just keep rolling out the hogs and wear you down. Hard to play against nearly total senior teams.

It's hard for most of us to get out of the 5A mentality.  I just read this article.  The Woodlands suited up 65 Seniors.  I can't get a grip on numbers like that.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:57 PM, robanadana said:

It would be cool if you could have a national high school playoff. I would like to see some of those northern teams they have ranked get the crap beat out of them by the Texas schools. I've seen California ball; no comparison.

IF all schools around the country played by the same rules as we do in Texas, YES, a playoff system would be nice, and we would likely have the best teams in the country in high school football by far on most occasions.  I still say from a "pure" high school football viewpoint, this state is by far the best.

Now see...some of you guys force me to be the jerk.  It's not that I enjoy it...but someone has to be realistic.

WOS.  VERY good football team.  No question that they are the best team in this area and more than likely the best team in all of 4A.  No doubt the best team in 4A D2...but probably the entire classification.  Does that mean that they would win the whole thing if classifications were still the same? Possibly.  We'll never know. 

I even think they could give Aledo a good game.  Does that mean they would make it thru the 5A playoffs to the title game? NO.  It does not.  WOS hasn't had to play a single game this year where they've had to keep their starters in for an entire game.  Including the playoffs.  It's a little bit different when every week is a dog fight.

Now making this list is an enormous honor.  It means that their season has not gone overlooked by national standards.  And definitely, won't be forgotten.  

But making this list does not mean they are on the same level as 5A and 6A competition.  I mean...come on.

On 12/14/2016 at 6:47 PM, robanadana said:

WOS has NEVER had the numbers even when 5a and 4a...heck they don't have the numbers now lol

Lets say they take PNG's spot in 5A DII...who do they lose to?

Barbers Hill, Ft. Bend Willowridge, College Station, or Calallen....I don't think they lose any of those. And that my friends is state 5A DII

Lets say they take Memorial's spot..who do they lose to?

Porter, Ft. Bend Elkins, Temple, or Manvel? I think WOS is head and shoulders above Memorial so I like our chances against Temple...I'll give you Manvel...Although Temple did beat Manvel so...

8 hours ago, 3rdone said:

Lets say they take PNG's spot in 5A DII...who do they lose to?

Barbers Hill, Ft. Bend Willowridge, College Station, or Calallen....I don't think they lose any of those. And that my friends is state 5A DII

Lets say they take Memorial's spot..who do they lose to?

Porter, Ft. Bend Elkins, Temple, or Manvel? I think WOS is head and shoulders above Memorial so I like our chances against Temple...I'll give you Manvel...Although Temple did beat Manvel so...

WOS hasn't had a competitive game all year.  If they took PNG or Memorial's spot they would have at least had competitive games all the way through the year/playoffs.  That's the point I made earlier.  It's not that they couldn't beat any of them...it's the fact that they would have to play them all back to back to back games...They haven't even had to use their starters for an entire game a single time this year.

Last year they played a good team in a higher classification and took it on the chin.  The last time WOS had to play competitive games all the way through the playoffs they didn't make it out of the region.  I know this isn't the same WOS team...but if you can't see the difference in every playoff game being a dog fight, and every playoff game being a cakewalk then I don't know what to tell you.  It would make things different.

35 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

WOS hasn't had a competitive game all year.  If they took PNG or Memorial's spot they would have at least had competitive games all the way through the year/playoffs.  That's the point I made earlier.  It's not that they couldn't beat any of them...it's the fact that they would have to play them all back to back to back games...They haven't even had to use their starters for an entire game a single time this year.

Last year they played a good team in a higher classification and took it on the chin.  The last time WOS had to play competitive games all the way through the playoffs they didn't make it out of the region.  I know this isn't the same WOS team...but if you can't see the difference in every playoff game being a dog fight, and every playoff game being a cakewalk then I don't know what to tell you.  It would make things different.

I agree with you about the playoffs, but this year they wouldn't have had a competitive game in 22-5A either expect maybe PAM, and I even think they blow PNG out too after what they did to Nederland this year. They would easily run through the rest of our district

Without question one of the nastiest defenses I have ever seen.  And one of the advantages they have is NO ONE is in better shape than they are.  It is old school, run and hit til you puke and do it some more football at WOS.  Doesn't matter in the end.  They are back to back champs.  Line em up against who you want; I'm not betting against that bunch.