6A/D2 Area Round Beaumont West Brook (10-1) vs Garland Lakeview Centennial (8-3)

Congrats West Brook on last week.  I really didn't know who to pick last week.  Two excellent teams.  I'm with BadSanta, I think West Brook is the clear favorite.  Two TD win is probably about right.  Very proud of how West Brook has played these last few weeks.  They are my dark horse pick in R2 D2.

Being a Woodlands fan I have really come to appreciate Beaumont West Brook.  I know we won big against them.  But, everything since that game tells me it was a fluke game for West Brook.  Not that Highlanders won, we would win again, but the scope of the victory.  My bet is that in a rematch it would not be so one sided.  What I've come to appreciate about West Brook is how after such a one sided loss, the Bruins have picked themselves up and beaten some very good teams.  They are 11-1 and deserving of the good press and respect from other teams.  I still think Klein Collins, Cedar Ridge and Westfield are the R2 favorites.  But, I won't be shocked if West Brook pulls off a couple of big upsets.  There are many Highlander fans cheering you on, good luck West Brook. 

22 hours ago, TXFBfan said:

Being a Woodlands fan I have really come to appreciate Beaumont West Brook.  I know we won big against them.  But, everything since that game tells me it was a fluke game for West Brook.  Not that Highlanders won, we would win again, but the scope of the victory.  My bet is that in a rematch it would not be so one sided.  What I've come to appreciate about West Brook is how after such a one sided loss, the Bruins have picked themselves up and beaten some very good teams.  They are 11-1 and deserving of the good press and respect from other teams.  I still think Klein Collins, Cedar Ridge and Westfield are the R2 favorites.  But, I won't be shocked if West Brook pulls off a couple of big upsets.  There are many Highlander fans cheering you on, good luck West Brook. 

The success of this year's team, was suppose to be a few years away. West Brook has over achieved, considering we only had 3 returning starters on offense, and 3 on defense. So, for the Bruins to have been this successful, this season, makes me look forward to next season, when the majority of the team will be returning. The Highlanders are still the team to beat, in this district, but I do expect a lot better game, in our match up, next year.

The Woodlands are for real this year and it's funny how conciliatory they're being now given the giant gorilla on their back and the pretty close game last week. Remind me how many times TWHS beat Katy yet didn't show up postseason and remind me how many State Championships they've won compared to WB.

3 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

The success of this year's team, was suppose to be a few years away. West Brook has over achieved, considering we only had 3 returning starters on offense, and 3 on defense. So, for the Bruins to have been this successful, this season, makes me look forward to next season, when the majority of the team will be returning. The Highlanders are still the team to beat, in this district, but I do expect a lot better game, in our match up, next year.

So would you compare this team to the 2010- 2011 team that was ranked as high as -#4 in 5A  which pulled off some big upsets like Hightower the year before?? 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

So would you compare this team to the 2010- 2011 team that was ranked as high as -#4 in 5A  which pulled off some big upsets like Hightower the year before?? 

I think that could be a fare assessment. This team is similar to that one, in that they are both young, and unproven. Reyes was a great, dual threat QB, and Jeremy Cooper really came into his own, late in that season. This year's team is gaining valuable experience, in a trial by fire mindset, if you will. The biggest difference I see is in the coaching. Craig had proven that he could routinely go 2, to 3, rounds deep in the playoffs, as he had done several times, with prior teams. Can this coaching staff do the same thing, and be able to manage the game, and adjust the game plan on the fly? That remains to be seen, but they've won 10 games, so far. Every team is different. The 82 state championship team lost 4 of its first 6, before they got it together. But, once they did, they rewrote history. Can this young team do the same? We shall see. ;)

6 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Coach Flanigan is a dang good coach 

12 hours ago, 82 5A State Champs said:

Does wb have anybody coming up to replace o-line seniors