West Orange Stark vs Hardin Jefferson

tennisbc

5 hours ago, 78Stang said:

After listening to HJ on Sports Extra last night I am very worried for the Mustangs. These guys are scary. This would be an upset if WOS won.

You are no different then then the guy that asked for an HJ spokesman to tell him "what kind of team do you have"...I sense a lot of arrogance in this thread from some of the WOS faithful.  Not enough to cause the type of karma that would allow you boys to actually lose a district game, but the type to blow a lead like y'all did vs Gilmer two years ago in Dallas.  Thank goodness we all know you aren't a true reflection of the WOS program.  One thing HJ has is class, win or lose, you will get plenty of it.  

1 hour ago, bjimbo said:

You are no different then then the guy that asked for an HJ spokesman to tell him "what kind of team do you have"...I sense a lot of arrogance in this thread from some of the WOS faithful.  Not enough to cause the type of karma that would allow you boys to actually lose a district game, but the type to blow a lead like y'all did vs Gilmer two years ago in Dallas.  Thank goodness we all know you aren't a true reflection of the WOS program.  One thing HJ has is class, win or lose, you will get plenty of it.  

I do believe "what kind of team do you have" was a sincere question especially after they clarified their question.  He could go look it up.  But then what would the point of these boards be if no one asked a question?  Also, I'm sure they would rather some fan perspective rather than sifting through write ups.

So, karma caused the loss to Gilmer in 2014?  The football "gods" chose to sprinkle some dust and cause WOS to lose due to some overconfident fans (I personally didn't know any)?  Thus punishing the players and coaches that worked so hard to get there?  Interesting.  I would ask you to tell me more about this but I'm going to just go look it up.

2 hours ago, bjimbo said:

Bwahahahahahah!!!! It's going to get nasty, and nasty very quickly. Another pull the starters out in the second quarter type of nasty. Come on HJ, I hope you make the playoffs and make the district proud but this Mustang team is on a whole nother level. 

2 hours ago, bjimbo said:

the type of karma that would allow you boys to actually lose a district game, but the type to blow a lead like y'all did vs Gilmer two years ago in Dallas.  One thing HJ has is class, win or lose, you will get plenty of it.  

I worry about the any given Sunday deal, that let Gilmer win that one. And I tell you this, HJ may have class, and I hope they do, but I remember a time when they had no class.

I have seen them play twice this year and they are much improved from last year. Their d line is pretty big and fast to the ball. everyone knows that WOS is a state powerhouse. We get that here in SETX but im sure every coach will prepare their team to give their best effort to dethrone the KINGS. not saying this will be an easy task but im sure hj will do better than most people are predicting .

6 minutes ago, Barney Fife said:

I have seen them play twice this year and they are much improved from last year. Their d line is pretty big and fast to the ball. everyone knows that WOS is a state powerhouse. We get that here in SETX but im sure every coach will prepare their team to give their best effort to dethrone the KINGS. not saying this will be an easy task but im sure hj will do better than most people are predicting .

I doubt it.  It looks like WOS is literally playing 20 kids on D at the same time.  They are faster than you expect and I'm certain you expect them to be fast.  It is fun seeing this Team live.  

17 hours ago, bjimbo said:

Just like Barry E.!

Of course I'm hoping for an upset here, and I know the Hawks will bring everything they've got, but this is a huge opponent. Here's hoping that David can top Goliath. 

Winning or losing I'll be rooting for my Hawks as they are taking on the defending state champions. 

Now to answer an earlier question, HJ is running the slot-t. We do have a few backs with burners    If they get going, you'll have a foot race. 

Our defense is 100% better than last year. However, with the athletes WOS has, covering the recievers will be a challenge. 

And please, punt/kick the ball out of bounds!!!!

On 10/10/2016 at 3:17 PM, WOSgrad said:

Well, while I think boasting should have some sensible limitation I can't say I blame them for trying to show confidence going into Friday's game. 

Anyway, WO-S showed how they handle those that wish to boast too much.

...taking a keen interest.

59 minutes ago, drewlsu said:

Of course I'm hoping for an upset here, and I know the Hawks will bring everything they've got, but this is a huge opponent. Here's hoping that David can top Goliath. 

Winning or losing I'll be rooting for my Hawks as they are taking on the defending state champions. 

Now to answer an earlier question, HJ is running the slot-t. We do have a few backs with burners    If they get going, you'll have a foot race. 

Our defense is 100% better than last year. However, with the athletes WOS has, covering the recievers will be a challenge. 

And please, punt/kick the ball out of bounds!!!!

That last comment has me rolling! Don't kick it to anyone with a Silver helmet. Lol

20 hours ago, bjimbo said:

I have actually seen HJ this year, and i can vouch for their classiness. In fact, even though "classing up" the uniforms was a nice touch, I think they are hding them back on the field. The tuxedos restrict flexibility, especially when throwing the ball and tackling. Also, it seems like an inordinate amount of time is wasted with "equipment time outs" while players search for monocles between plays. Maybe only players who need glasses should be required to wear them? 

In some ways, it does improve sportsmanship, but it also dulls some of the aggressiveness that is NECESSARY. Yes, telling your opponent, "That was a dandy run, friend," is sportsman like and even quaint and endearing. But requiring your players to say "Many pardons" every time they slip through the line or break a tackle quenches that competitive fire. 

I don't mind being required to wear a jacket to the concession stand, but I don't like being called "riff raff" when I order a link and popcorn. I don't carry enough cash for caviar or escargot, and wine and cheese are hard to enjoy in the stands. I also have to protest the parking being valet only - especially when the man at the podium tells the valet to park my truck "in the nearest body of water."

I enjoyed HJ's halftime show, but I felt bad for the kid marching with the cello and the nine kids who had to carry the piano and the pianist all over a muddy field. I hope the girl who fell off of the piano is OK. That was scary. There were sequins everywhere.

The chandelier over the field is beautiful, but the rigging holding it up is bound to cost a fortune.

And "Puttin' on the Ritz" is a weird choice for a fight song. 

20 minutes ago, WOS99 said:

I have actually seen HJ this year, and i can vouch for their classiness. In fact, even though "classing up" the uniforms was a nice touch, I think they are hding them back on the field. The tuxedos restrict flexibility, especially when throwing the ball and tackling. Also, it seems like an inordinate amount of time is wasted with "equipment time outs" while players search for monocles between plays. Maybe only players who need glasses should be required to wear them? 

In some ways, it does improve sportsmanship, but it also dulls some of the aggressiveness that is NECESSARY. Yes, telling your opponent, "That was a dandy run, friend," is sportsman like and even quaint and endearing. But requiring your players to say "Many pardons" every time they slip through the line or break a tackle quenches that competitive fire. 

I don't mind being required to wear a jacket to the concession stand, but I don't like being called "riff raff" when I order a link and popcorn. I don't carry enough cash for caviar or escargot, and wine and cheese are hard to enjoy in the stands. I also have to protest the parking being valet only - especially when the man at the podium tells the valet to park my truck "in the nearest body of water."

I enjoyed HJ's halftime show, but I felt bad for the kid marching with the cello and the nine kids who had to carry the piano and the pianist all over a muddy field. I hope the girl who fell off of the piano is OK. That was scary. There were sequins everywhere.

The chandelier over the field is beautiful, but the rigging holding it up is bound to cost a fortune.

Good and funny.

lots of younger kids will see a  lot of playing time agan  wo-s coaching staff has got to love it  .the mustangs have 12 jrs 3 10graders  and 1 9th grader will be back. and a outstanding JV program  tons of speed looking good down the road. YES the nustangs are loseing  a outstand bunch  BIG SHOES TO FILL

2 hours ago, WOS99 said:

Ha ha ha...good stuff, 99. I would make one correction, though...their field is never muddy. The grass is so thick because they never trim it when WO-S comes to town. It's an attempt to counter the speed stampede, but it's just not enough. 

HJ fans, this is all in fun. Let's have a competitive injury-free game Friday. 

Guys this game is not going to be scary cuz WOS will be ready and I'm not having second thoughts of this game West Orange wins this one just because  seen them on sports extra doesn't mean nothing  so quit talking like we is going to lose chose another topic them this one 

12 hours ago, WOS99 said:

Sorry there are a bunch of us that use this log in but dang you people get chippy on here.   

I just watched the interview and think that HJ did a great job on clearly stating that they are ready to play. The comment by BJIMBO about WO-S blowing the lead to lose in 2014 was worse than any other post on this thread! Very uncalled for. Remember that those young men gave all they had and if one wants to speak of karma or being arrogant then what happens when you joke about someones misfortune? I would refer to that as being the rear end of a donkey with diarrhea!