PNG vs PAM

pakronos

2 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Captain Obvious says...

On defense, PN-G has decent size along the front seven and the Indians can go toe-to-toe with anyone stopping the run between the hash marks.  When Vidor gashed PN-G for big yards, it sounded like a play that got Quirante or Hecklon to the edges [didn't see the game].  Protecting the edges and containing PAM's speed is a concern...big concern.  This game could be a repeat of Angleton v. PN-G, where Angleton ran the ball at will on the Indians...Angleton's RB got to the edge and PN-G did not have an answer.  The Indians have to try and keep PAM's RB in the middle of the field where there is help to get him down.  The Indians are size-challenged in the secondary.  Not much you can do about it besides play hard and use all of the talent God has given you.  The Indians have to keep everything in front of them and get as many defenders to the ball as possible.  Easier said than done.  Do not get beat deep.  Make PAM march down the field.  If they do that and score, then tip your hat to them and get ready for the next series.

On offense, PN-G has to protect the ball...and protect Roschon Johnson when he is looking downfield.  PN-G has to keep PAM out of the backfield.  Spread out the Titans and create as many running lanes as possible.  When you have a shot to throw it downfield, do it.  If Coach Faircloth has saved any tricks, i.e., fake punts, swinging gate, a play we have never seen before, the PAM game may be time to give it a shot in the right circumstances.  Do whatever you have to do to create momentum.

Looking forward to seeing this game at Memorial Stadium.  Lots of memories watching PN-G play Thomas Jefferson and Lincoln during the 1970s and 1980s at Memorial Stadium.

Go Indians.  Peace.

Good post.

Me and stats have talked about this game over the past couple of weeks. I'm gonna take off my Homer glasses off. It's obvious the weapons we have are the best in the district...however, I'm not sold on the Harrisons. Everyone that's not a titan fan thinks we picking on him cause he the coaches son. No. The kid isn't very good. We'll not for this system. In nederland, he would be leading the district. If he doesn't know it, this game is on his shoulders. That means you can't take sacks. After 3 years of being on varsity and u still holding onto the ball after u have dropped back 20 yards with the front 7 chasing u omg...if the run is there, don't look like bambie...RUN THE DANG BALL. If you scared, tell daddy so Jones can show you how to do it. I'll have more respect if you slide. As for xbox. These plays you been running for the past 10 years is garbage. The passes to the sidelines are dangerous.  Yes they work when the defense is scared to get burned. But when they start coming up, DON'T DO IT. I know he wants to showcase junior,  but hines  need the ball more. Get him on sweeps and screens, if his son learns how to throw with a touch. Angell and Jones are the fastest wr's they can run by any secondary. But u wouldn't know it till the 4th qtr. Due to play calling. Defensively, I really don't have many worries except the rb of png slipping out the backfield for passes and getting beat deep by the other wr not mczeal. Johnson will make some plays, but he will get rattled and be welcomed to varsity football properly. The lejuan kid (sp) is one that we must know where he is on defense and point him out. Otherwise I see us winning by 10 or less and losing by 17.

This game is for the bragging rights thus for into the season, have to agree both teams have offenses that can strike quickly. I think it will be who makes the least amount of mistakes and has the ball last. Man it is good to have PAM back in the district. Love the fact that it is only about a 7 minute drive to the stadium. That is the way it should be. It is a hell of a lot better than having to go all the way to Lufkin. Was watching the high school extra score board last night. I had to chuckle to myself, the were interviewing Coach Fairclothe and asked him what he though or had to do to Beat Memorial, he said he wasn't sure yet because he hasn't seen them yet, He is lying thru his teeth, the man was at  the PAM / Central game and sat one isle over  from us lol, good stuff there coach.

I will tell you the speed of PAM worries me, if and when Hines gets to the corners it could be trouble for us. Our defense isn't the fastest but they have shown they are maturing, but does that mean we will win, no. PAM will be a great test for us no doubt, but I think we can have some success scoring on them if we play smart mistake free football. Both Teams have good qbs and skills players so the offense should be there. Question is which team is gonna bring the better defense and special teams. I think field position is critical in this game, and wouldn't be surprised if some special trick plays come out the book, but then again you can never tell. I expect a packed house and hope the weather is perfect for the Friday night lights.  Ive only watched PAM one time against Central and the Defensive line was in the backfield on every play. I cant wait for Friday to get here.

2 hours ago, PA4Real said:

Your little brother is the truth.  I remember him from the PA Cowboys and the Lil Titans when he was younger.  Put it like this; what he's doing now is NO SURPRISE. lol  We're proud of him and wish him nothing but the best.  Now this Friday night...........lol

those were some good times he was so young and performed so well back then. I miss those days, all of us started out there with the PA Cowboys. You are right though, good luck Friday night

5 minutes ago, NDNMOM34 said:

Better get there early...according to texasbob.com, seating capacity is 9600!

Memorial Stadium can hold 10k easily. He has done it before foe one of the Lincoln vs TJ games. Png won't bring more than 5k...it's going to be full, but jammed packed standing room only. Texas bob isn't exactly accurate. One year he had the stadium holding a thousand less.

7 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Memorial Stadium can hold 10k easily. He has done it before foe one of the Lincoln vs TJ games. Png won't bring more than 5k...it's going to be full, but jammed packed standing room only. Texas bob isn't exactly accurate. One year he had the stadium holding a thousand less.

Thanks pakronos...I heard the PN-G v. Vidor attendance was in excess of 13,500 total.   I personally would like to watch from the stands around the 50 yd line like I do at home games.  :-)

2 minutes ago, The Goat said:

Memorial  stadium  is the same size as  the  Rez. You  won't have a problem  finding a seat. 

I drove by after going to the Museum of the Gulf Coast on Saturday...it looks nowhere near the seating capacity as the Reservation IMO.

7 minutes ago, NDNMOM34 said:

I drove by after going to the Museum of the Gulf Coast on Saturday...it looks nowhere near the seating capacity as the Reservation IMO.

That's because your vistor bleachers are small compared to ours. It's equal on both sides at our stadium...heck the vistor side might can fit 20 or 30 more people due to no press box lol. Also not all png fans going yo attend the game. I saw nederland vs vidor and nederland side looked sold out. The next week they only filled maybe two sections in our stadium??

11 minutes ago, NDNMOM34 said:

The only reason it doesn't is because the Reservation is built differently. You guys home side is way bigger than your visitors side. Memorial Stadium is equal on both sides. 

35 minutes ago, thaghost said:

The only reason it doesn't is because the Reservation is built differently. You guys home side is way bigger than your visitors side. Memorial Stadium is equal on both sides. 

Our Stadium is listed as seating 13,000. Our home side is bigger because we most definitely needed it.  We WILL pack your visitor side this coming Friday. This is a most anticipated game.

58 minutes ago, NDNMOM34 said:

PNG visitors seating is really, really small.  Memorial stadium has significantly more on the visitors side.

This game will come down to discipline and composure.

If Memorial's D line plays gap responsibility, reads their keys, and protects the linebackers....PNG doesn't stand a chance against the athletes in that secondary. 

HOWEVER, we all know that they like to run straight up the field and they don't get their hands on anyone.  If that's the case PNG will run for 300 yrds and blow them out 49-30. 

I am anxious to see how Memorial responds when they are down by 2 scores.  Discipline and Composure??