Grown men....

nceagle

It's funny how grown men argue over abunch of kids playing a game. Really? I enjoy watching and talking about it with my son, but these are kids playing a game. I know I have gotten upset about some of my son's baseball games and have stayed upset long after he had gotten over it, stupid. Don't get more upset than the kids who are actually playing.

We all live vicariously through the kids on the field, passionate about our community, love of sports. There are a few that take it too far; I think we're all guilty of that. I can't be too hard about it; it's why boards like this exist. I would rather be passionate about something than having never been about anything. Best $6.00 you can spend on a Friday night. Good post New Caney.

5 minutes ago, Indians93 said:

So why are you on the message board then?

Because I enjoy watching and spending time with my son at the games. I enjoy how sports brings my family together. My kids play softball, baseball, football, and as of next year volleyball and cheerleading. It's good for them. I have seen parents take their emotions too far at baseball and youth football games though. 

11 minutes ago, nceagle said:

Because I enjoy watching and spending time with my son at the games. I enjoy how sports brings my family together. My kids play softball, baseball, football, and as of next year volleyball and cheerleading. It's good for them. I have seen parents take their emotions too far at baseball and youth football games though. 

okay, but why are you HERE??? nobody is forcing you to read the post. robanadana said it best....it's pride in the communities, tradition and for peaks sake...IT'S THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE!!! NOT LOS ANGELS OR NEW YORK OR VEGAS...THERE ISNT MUCH TO DO!!!

3 minutes ago, nceagle said:

I'm not saying that I don't get upset when my kids make a mistake on the field or when n their teams lose. What I am saying is that I don't stay upset for days afterwards and act like a kid by arguing with other people about it.

oh, you mean the Nederland folk lol...well when you treat people like dirt and you think you high and mighty, KARMA comes for you...this time in the form of major butt hurt.

12 minutes ago, nceagle said:

I'm not saying that I don't get upset when my kids make a mistake on the field or when n their teams lose. What I am saying is that I don't stay upset for days afterwards and act like a kid by arguing with other people about it.

No, I for one understand and I believe you raise a valid point.  There is a difference between showing pride in your community and engaging in good natured ribbing and just being plain mean.  And I will tell what I mean, in this week leading up to this weekends game we have had, among other things, Vidorians subjected to talk about "white sheets," Port Arthur folks subjected to talk that they live in a ghetto and one board member who had his child rearing skills questioned.  And there is probably more that I just didn't happen to see.

When it gets to that point, it is just plain senseless, and more and more threads are getting to that point.

It's sad.

11 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

No, I for one understand and I believe you raise a valid point.  There is a difference between showing pride in your community and engaging in good natured ribbing and just being plain mean.  And I will tell what I mean, in this week leading up to this weekends game we have had, among other things, Vidorians subjected to talk about "white sheets," Port Arthur folks subjected to talk that they live in a ghetto and one board member who had his child rearing skills questioned.  And there is probably more that I just didn't happen to see.

When it gets to that point, it is just plain senseless, and more and more threads are getting to that point.

It's sad.

Yes, it can get out of hand very easily.  One wrong innuendo, and things go downhill, very quickly.  And some have perfected the art of doing that well, so they're able to feign innocence.  Smh

okay, i'm gonna just throw myself under the bus...for the city i love and PRIDE in our kids, the drumming Nederland took was personal...however when i feel like you sending little undercover hints towards me and the titan nation so to speak, i shoot back. to be honest, yes everything from the transfer of the PAM kid to stuff dating back when i was in school, the victory was sweet. i know many won't understand it, but that's the best thing MY community will get out of this without "crossing the line" with violence against our neighbors on the other side of 365. if beating them soundly stops us from saying and doing repulsive things, i look forward to PAM kicking their butts EVERY YEAR. i noticed things was getting chippy in the last minutes of the game. Vincent helmet getting ripped off(clearly on his way down ,#10 grabbed the helmet and ripped it off.)...some of the nederland db's was talking to trash to angelle and he pointed to the score board and walked off. so when your city behaves a certain way over the years, be ready to eat you raw road killed crow that been sitting in the 120 sun!!

12 minutes ago, pakronos said:

okay, i'm gonna just throw myself under the bus...for the city i love and PRIDE in our kids, the drumming Nederland took was personal...however when i feel like you sending little undercover hints towards me and the titan nation so to speak, i shoot back. to be honest, yes everything from the transfer of the PAM kid to stuff dating back when i was in school, the victory was sweet. i know many won't understand it, but that's the best thing MY community will get out of this without "crossing the line" with violence against our neighbors on the other side of 365. if beating them soundly stops us from saying and doing repulsive things, i look forward to PAM kicking their butts EVERY YEAR. i noticed things was getting chippy in the last minutes of the game. Vincent helmet getting ripped off(clearly on his way down ,#10 grabbed the helmet and ripped it off.)...some of the nederland db's was talking to trash to angelle and he pointed to the score board and walked off. so when your city behaves a certain way over the years, be ready to eat you raw road killed crow that been sitting in the 120 sun!!

There is one problem....it was not intended toward anything you said at all.

pakronos, you and the PA fans are pretty good sports. Don't think it was meant towards any of y'all. Not to look past our big game at the rez this Friday, but I believe EVERYONE in Vidor is looking forward to the game with y'all in the Boneyard. Gonna make th'ghost eat his words....coming from a ghost, it's just hot air anyway.

1 hour ago, robanadana said:

pakronos, you and the PA fans are pretty good sports. Don't think it was meant towards any of y'all. Not to look past our big game at the rez this Friday, but I believe EVERYONE in Vidor is looking forward to the game with y'all in the Boneyard. Gonna make th'ghost eat his words....coming from a ghost, it's just hot air anyway.

HA!

5 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

It's sad.

+1,000

Great point to be made, Football and Baseball is not the only things parents live vicariously through the kids in. Go to the southeast texas  fair it is probably the worst . and on the same note I have seen kids born from birth to be doctors kindergardners reading on a 5th grade level. I Know kids that have never been on vacation to many animals to tend to. Parents all made these decisions kids just want to play and have fun.

On 10/3/2016 at 7:07 PM, pakronos said:

So now you are threatening people in Nederland?  Over what a couple of football players and what someone said to you.  Proving the point made in the first post I see.