Silsbee 20 Jasper 19/FINAL

WOSgrad

24 minutes ago, Bulldog92 said:

This one hurts. We shot ourselves in the foot maybe a thousand times, but Silsbee got it done. Gotta give them credit for that. Have a good season and for the love of God, score on WOS. lol

Both teams have less toes.

Silsbee left points all over that field.

Seriously, how many chop block penalties were called?!

Amazing second half effort on the defense side.  Coach Allen gave them the one time after that long TD run.

Lots of emotion coming from that conversation.  

Offense is potent.  I know it doesnt show but man the missed opps and untimely penalties took 21 points off the board for SIlsbee tonight.  Flat out wore the Jasper Defense out in the 3rd qtr.

Come from behind win.  A much needed win for player confidence.  You could feel the tension leave the stadium.

Congrats young men.  Keep improving.

Great job Tigers. First win of the year over Jasper a big time rival game. Got down early in the first quarter (19-0) and fought back for the win. Jasper has size and speed, tons of speed. Defense stepped up and shut down Jasper. Offense settled down and got rolling. We left to many TD's on the field tonight, got to clean up them penalties. Good  first win Tigers, Way to go into a bye week. TigerNation!!!

1 hour ago, Bulldog92 said:

This one hurts. We shot ourselves in the foot maybe a thousand times, but Silsbee got it done. Gotta give them credit for that. Have a good season and for the love of God, score on WOS. lol

They might score but I am calling a beatdown in that one.  WOS supposedly doesn't circle game but I can't imagine those Mustangs don't have a mental asterisk by the Silsbee game.  I am predicting it now though.  I think Silsbee and BC will be a heckuva game again. 

Great win for my Tigers tonight.  Maybe not great on the overall play, but great win. Like has been said way too many penalties. I think there was at least two TDs called back.  But after falling behind 19-0 in the first quarter and virtually no run defense at all in that quarter, a big come from behind win by throwing a shutout the rest of the game was just what the Dr. Ordered.  The offens really got the run game going and ate up yards in that second half.  I felt like  there towards the end both teams tried to cost themselves the game.  The Tigers trying to sneak in a pass play when eating up yards on the ground leading to another pass play on third and long, stopping the clock and giving the Bulldogs a chance. Then on the ensuing drive the Bulldogs were getting good runs by the big back and had what looked like a 4th and 1 and tried to pass themselves and it didn't work.  The Tigers didn't have a large number of passes tonight but also cut down on those drops from last week.  O and not only did we step up against the run after that first quarter but we stepped up against the big receiver as well.  Good job Tigers we are proud of you.  Great confidence builder!!

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee defense gave up 231 yards rushing, 261 total yards in 1st half.

Silsbee defense gave up just 56 yards rushing, 73 total yards in 2nd half.

Silsbee offense ended with 305 rushing yards, 365 total yards.

According to the info that I've obtained, Silsbee finished with 400 total yards....  338 rushing and 62 passing...

The defensive pressure stepped up starting in the second quarter when I believe they are their first stop.  They started gang tackling, secondary players were coming up go make tackles, and Silsbee done something in the second half that I didn't see in the first 2 games....  They blitzed some.  They were aggressive.  

The offense is good, really good, but there was some miscommunication between Jones and  Barnes on a few passes.  I thing 2 overthrow and 2 underthrown, passes which had one on one with him on the db, had paydirt all over those passes.  

But I was more impressed with the kicker.  Yes obviously been working all week.  The scrimmages and the first 2 games, his kicks barely cleared the bottom of the uprights but now, it's higher and more accurate...  we'll need those gimmes...

And I like how the RB's where being switched out.  Thunder and lightening flexed their muscles tonight...

Game balls have got to go to some defensive players...  Gotta give love go a couple of Sophomores that were flying all around and making some solid tackles in that second half...  S. Uhribe (sp) and A. Sells.  Also, Newton for a few key pass breakups

Get that practice in on this bye week Nd prepare for WO-S