Over-reactive thoughts on your scrimmage…

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

Everyone will lose at least ONE game in 22-5a. 

The final playoffs spots will come down to MCM the very last game of the season like old times. 

I hope MCM is for the final playoff spot, lawd knows if Png loses again there wont be enough tissue paper at Market Basket/Walmart/Walgreens/CVS to dry the ballerinas tears lmao

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I hope MCM is for the final playoff spot, lawd knows if Png loses again there wont be enough tissue paper at Market Basket/Walmart/Walgreens/CVS to dry the ballerinas tears lmao

Don't forget about the house for sale signs in SETX. It would be a repeat of last year... 

4 minutes ago, pakronos said:

the defense did the same yesterday ghost...they was actually tackling and flying to the ball!! and this was against Pearland...a 6a team that is ALWAYS in the talk of making a title run. pearland seemed slow and our "D" was right there.

I remember when our defense couldn't tackle air (Houston Lamar game), so I guess this is progress. :)

14 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

2 games, local intere…… nevermind 

Blame the UIL WB. 

Well, it is local interest...  All Central, Ozen, and West Brook fans are interested...  That's a lot of fans....  Local interest...  Your interested.  That's y'all long term 'friend' from the West End.

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, it is local interest...  All Central, Ozen, and West Brook fans are interested...  That's a lot of fans....  Local interest...  Your interested.  That's y'all long term 'friend' from the West End.

Couldn't careless bout a WB vs Ozen game, im interested in WB vs CE King though, two teams Central's arse cant beat. 

37 minutes ago, pakronos said:

the defense did the same yesterday ghost...they was actually tackling and flying to the ball!! and this was against Pearland...a 6a team that is ALWAYS in the talk of making a title run. pearland seemed slow and our "D" was right there.

It's the DC. When he was here last time he had the D flying to the ball and making plays. He used his players. The DC we the last 2 yrs wanted to the 3-4 and wouldn't get out of it. Imo, we didn't have the bodies for that D. 2) I don't think you should run that against the NS's, LP's, DP'S with all those huge O-LINE. 

We supporters of our teams do get excited early over scrimmage results.  How great our offense/defense did (I did myself last night).  But what do we know about our opponent?  Is it a new coach working on certain aspects, as was possible in Silsbee?   I remember back in the glory days of the Cowboys under Tom Landry, they rarely won pre season games.  But hey, it's still exciting, and in less than two weeks, the games begin.  Good luck to all.

10 hours ago, thaghost said:

It's the DC. When he was here last time he had the D flying to the ball and making plays. He used his players. The DC we the last 2 yrs wanted to the 3-4 and wouldn't get out of it. Imo, we didn't have the bodies for that D. 2) I don't think you should run that against the NS's, LP's, DP'S with all those huge O-LINE. 

:)

3 hours ago, robanadana said:

WOW, this first round of scrimmages sure has the district championships set, don't it. Especially since the Sage of Curbyville has spoken. Scrimmage = practice. (Notice there is a period at the end of that)

Dear Sage of Vidor, I was being sarcastic and keeping with the theme of his post title.  Figured the ones who knew me would know this and the ones who didnt,,,,who cares! (Notice that's not a period) 

Scrimmages don't mean everything right? Well, they don't mean nothing either though. Kirbyville lost a lot from last yr that's true, but many teams have lost a lot and still walked to state. We can't have excuses, or let a scrimmage dictate our season. We'll be ok. Just need to put in the work like we always do to show we're still for real. Plus, I think Center is a LOT better than some may have thought. 

18 minutes ago, Back2swag said:

Let's be real here , anyone that's playing knows what the score is . It doesn't have to be posted on the score board .  played high school and college and we always knew the score in a scrimmage . Even if it was a inter squad scrimmage we knew how many times they had scored and we had . 

True. But in a scrimmage / practice a good coach will work on cleaning things up rather than just running what plays will score. 

29 minutes ago, Back2swag said:

Let's be real here , anyone that's playing knows what the score is . It doesn't have to be posted on the score board .  played high school and college and we always knew the score in a scrimmage . Even if it was a inter squad scrimmage we knew how many times they had scored and we had . 

Tell ya what.  Go to Eagles' practice tomorrow and congratulate Coach Johnston on his win on Friday.  Then log on and tell us what his reponse was.

My guess is that Coach Johnston will have just as long of list of things that he believes needs to be corrected as Coach Barbay will when he runs his practice tomorrow.

On 8/13/2016 at 10:54 AM, thaghost said:

same DC we had in 2011?? that was the BEST PAM defense.

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Tell ya what.  Go to Eagles' practice tomorrow and congratulate Coach Johnston on his win on Friday.  Then log on and tell us what his reponse was.

My guess is that Coach Johnston will have just as long of list of things that he believes needs to be corrected as Coach Barbay will when he runs his practice tomorrow.

i think what the poster meant and i agree, WE all know a scrimmage doesn't "count". however, anytime you compete and have "scoring plays", it's a win and loss situation to the players. that helps boost them up. now i will say this applies  imo when playing a simulated game scrimmage. in a traditional scrimmage you score on "6th down" or "10 th" down, you really can't count that lol