Over-reactive thoughts on your scrimmage…

8 minutes ago, CCRed said:

For you guys posting scores, do they really have scores up on a scoreboard ?  I have been to 100's of scrimmages and have only seen the clock showing. I've never seen them put up points on the board for a scrimmage. 

Yes ,Dayton plays a live scrimmage just like a game except no kick-off or punt returns .

50 minutes ago, CCRed said:

For you guys posting scores, do they really have scores up on a scoreboard ?  I have been to 100's of scrimmages and have only seen the clock showing. I've never seen them put up points on the board for a scrimmage. 

No score in ours, I just posted the number of times we crossed the goal line, and the number of times or opponent crossed the goal line. 

26 minutes ago, The Icon said:

WO-S wins state (that might not be much of an overreaction though)

Aw, come on, Icon!  That is weak, LOL!  This is what BG is looking for:

Forget 4A, DII, put WO-S' rear end in 6A, and they'll destroy North Shore, Katy, Spring Westfield, Lake Travis, Westlake, Allen or any of those imitators!

Is that what you were looking for BG?

6 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Aw, come on, Icon!  That is weak, LOL!  This is what BG is looking for:

Forget 4A, DII, put WO-S' rear end in 6A, and they'll destroy North Shore, Katy, Spring Westfield, Lake Travis, Westlake, Allen or any of those imitators!

Is that what you were looking for BG?

+100000 :)

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

No scores on ours. Just the clock. 

PNG has used the scoreboard in the past during scrimmages. I have shots of it from last year against West Brook. Sometimes it's just the number of TD's, or in live portion it's the actual score. I joked tonight when WOS scored that it will stay blank tonight....and it did lol. Even funnier was later in the first half MUSTANGS was completely taken off the board on the visitor side. 

well, i come from a time when you COMPETE and there is an objective to stop one team from SCORING, there is a winner. now, we ALLKNOW THESE GAMES DON'T COUNT. I GOT IT!!! however when you keep count whether it's how many td's or whatever, it counts in these kids minds. it tells them we can score points and move the ball. now, i'm speaking of live game  scrimmages like the wos vs png. PAM usually have these type of scrimmages, but didn't against pearland. traditional type scrimmages its simply a practice lol. i mean really, can you count a touchdown on "5th down"?? hell on 4th most teams punt lol.

now looking at PAM's performance yesterday WITHOUT TWO MAIN PLAYERS ON THE FIELD, that defense looks damn good!! they lived in pearlands backfield with big hits!! yeah, so dominating defense of 22'5a yes sir, you heard it here first.

WOS and Newton will both probably being playing in Dallas

PAM will win that district and since they dropped down vidor lumber ozen, none of you will make the playoffs anymore so stop dreaming, your cups half empty now so deal with it!

WB losing your 6a partner is going to take away any local nterest in your program, enjoy your 10 game season. 

Silsbee will not go O-fer but might only win 2 games

Kirbyville will probably only have 1 win going into district.

Jasper,  we'll they play so far north, smoakey is your new daddy!

59 minutes ago, pakronos said:

now looking at PAM's performance yesterday WITHOUT TWO MAIN PLAYERS ON THE FIELD, that defense looks damn good!! they lived in pearlands backfield with big hits!! yeah, so dominating defense of 22'5a yes sir, you heard it here first.

I went to the inter-squad scrimmage last week and liked what I saw. The D was flying to the ball MAKING tackles. Valcin and Barnes are both big physical LB's. Those two along with the DL are going to cause havoc in 22-5a play. 

12 minutes ago, thaghost said:

I went to the inter-squad scrimmage last week and liked what I saw. The D was flying to the ball MAKING tackles. Valcin and Barnes are both big physical LB's. Those two along with the DL are going to cause havoc in 22-5a play. 

the defense did the same yesterday ghost...they was actually tackling and flying to the ball!! and this was against Pearland...a 6a team that is ALWAYS in the talk of making a title run. pearland seemed slow and our "D" was right there.