PA Memorial football

PA4Real

On 8/16/2016 at 4:23 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

There's that word...  Discipline...  Smh

like it or lump it... Lack of discipline has killed Ozen and Central over the years.  What I would love to see is consistent coaching in Beaumont.  Seems a coaching change comes every year or so.  When they have a coach that sticks around they make deep runs such as Central several years back.  

1 hour ago, dme1111 said:

like it or lump it... Lack of discipline has killed Ozen and Central over the years.  What I would love to see is consistent coaching in Beaumont.  Seems a coaching change comes every year or so.  When they have a coach that sticks around they make deep runs such as Central several years back.  

...what is discipline in football?  I've seen Nederland with discipline issues....  Actually, as a matter of fact, RECENTLY, I've seen discipline issues...  You're probably gonna see a lot of discipline issues throughout the year from them...

don't know why I'm seeing this garbage in a PAM thread...I wake this morning to see pn-g plastered all over the paper...after PAM showed DOMINANCE  in their scrimmage, but i'm crazy or making it up all in my head when I said PAM gets shafted. all good, when PAM beat the breaks off MC they will have no choice.

14 minutes ago, pakronos said:

don't know why I'm seeing this garbage in a PAM thread...I wake this morning to see pn-g plastered all over the paper...after PAM showed DOMINANCE  in their scrimmage, but i'm crazy or making it up all in my head when I said PAM gets shafted. all good, when PAM beat the breaks off MC they will have no choice.

personally I wish PAM the best.  Its about time those kids in PA get the chance to make some noise in the playoffs.  I will be there supporting them.  

As far as what is this discipline word... In the past schools such as Central have had talent coming out there ears but no discipline to put that talent together to form a team.  Nederland has done what its done over the years because of discipline.  The ability to understand the game and play the designed schemes in a disciplined manner.  

1 hour ago, UTfanatic said:

Usually, when a super school is made by the district, athletic success is expected.

....anything less is a disappointment.

IMO

So thats discipline?  I shouldn't be surprised anymore by anything you post but that one was pretty dumb, then again you are a fanatic of a 5-7 program. 

57 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

personally I wish PAM the best.  Its about time those kids in PA get the chance to make some noise in the playoffs.  I will be there supporting them.  

As far as what is this discipline word... In the past schools such as Central have had talent coming out there ears but no discipline to put that talent together to form a team.  Nederland has done what its done over the years because of discipline.  The ability to understand the game and play the designed schemes in a disciplined manner.  

Erasing previous things again? 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Erasing previous things again? 

Not intentionally.  I have lots of love for the Titans.  One of my best friends is a Titan Mom.  I would never want to say anything to disrespect Memorial.  I hope Nederland can squeak out a W but I know they will be the team to beat in our district. 

"Discipline" when talking about football is more than just well behaved players. That is part of it though. Being able to keep your mouth shut when the other team is pushing and shoving. Allowing them to get the penalty and not you.

But it's much more than that imo. A well disciplined team will show more on the defensive side. Making the right reads. Staying at home and playing the cutback lane when your supposed to instead of running upfield. Knowing who your responsible for whether it be the rb or qb, not allowing all the play fakes to dictate where you go (that's how you defend the slot t). It's all about the fundamentals and sticking to it.

Discilpine alone won't win you a district championship, but it will certainly help.

2 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

"Discipline" when talking about football is more than just well behaved players. That is part of it though. Being able to keep your mouth shut when the other team is pushing and shoving. Allowing them to get the penalty and not you.

But it's much more than that imo. A well disciplined team will show more on the defensive side. Making the right reads. Staying at home and playing the cutback lane when your supposed to instead of running upfield. Knowing who your responsible for whether it be the rb or qb, not allowing all the play fakes to dictate where you go (that's how you defend the slot t). It's all about the fundamentals and sticking to it.

Discilpine alone won't win you a district championship, but it will certainly help.

Based on that about 90% of this area has a discipline problem, im sure its scattered around the state as well. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Based on that about 90% of this area has a discipline problem, im sure its scattered around the state as well. 

I think the root of the problem is everybody wants to make the big play and be the star.. Not realizing that it takes a whole team effort and everyone doing their job. One person out of place can possibly make or break a play

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

This is what Neumann brought to Nederland.  I graduated In 93.  I saw the Bobby August fiasco and before that Steve Derouen.  I watched Nederland lose my entire life until Neumann came to town.  He has created pride and tradition.  He has made kids believe in his system. He made the fans believe in his system. He has built a disciplined program that teaches the right way to play football even when lacking superstar athletes.  I am incredibly thankful for what he has done for our city.  

4 hours ago, dme1111 said:

Was Central disciplined when they beat Nederland a couple of years back like 63-28?

4 minutes ago, OldNedDog said:

I remember a beating from Central, but I remember it being more than a couple of years ago.

Wonder when it really was? How can we find out?

Did it happen around the time Dayton hung 60+ on Nerdland in the Mutt House? 

4 hours ago, dme1111 said:

This is what Neumann brought to Nederland.  I graduated In 93.  I saw the Bobby August fiasco and before that Steve Derouen.  I watched Nederland lose my entire life until Neumann came to town.  He has created pride and tradition.  He has made kids believe in his system. He made the fans believe in his system. He has built a disciplined program that teaches the right way to play football even when lacking superstar athletes.  I am incredibly thankful for what he has done for our city.  

...the right way...  Does this include secret spring practices, not letting a football player play basketball, or not signing off on a transfer because you feel 'some kind of way' ?

30 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

It was in 06 when central beat Nederland but 04 Nederand beat central 58-8. The Dayton was for sure in 08. Because I remember the Dayton fans said  they enjoyed watching all of their touchdowns on our new Jumbotron at the time lmao

...yea, the 2004 team...  We didn't score a point until that Nederland game, which was game 4.  That's right.  We took 3 consecutive shutouts to start the season....