PA Memorial football

PA4Real

16 minutes ago, thaghost said:

Next time try to read WITHOUT being defensive there PAL. I was simply elaborating on your point that I put in bold. My previous post was actually for everybody and not just "ALL OF NEDERLAND"...had you paid attention you would've noticed that I "LIKED" your post that I qunited. 

Ok, my bad, no harm meant

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Were they disciplined?

Absolutely. Like I said on the other post all that discipline and atmosphere is complete made up bs. I remember a certain central game that year vs PNG when the crowd was 3 png people vs 1 central guy and central wasn't fazed one bit from the "atmosphere" and was "disciplined" to destroy PNG 33-7 and I was there when they were "discipline" to beat Barbers Hill by 3. I thought that could have been the year for central but Lamarque got the better of them that day. Like I said on Buddys  post atmosphere and discipline don't mean nothing. Does "atmoshphere" make a game fun yeah I get that. But at then end of the day it doesnt get you any extra points or anything just hey look they have a good showing. Just ask PNG in that state championship game in 99 at the astrodome how that atmosphere worked out for them

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Absolutely. Like I said on the other post all that discipline and atmosphere is complete made up bs. I remember a certain central game that year vs PNG when the crowd was 3 png people vs 1 central guy and central wasn't fazed one bit from the "atmosphere" and was "disciplined" to destroy PNG 33-7 and I was there when they were "discipline" to beat Barbers Hill by 3. I thought that could have been the year for central but Lamarque got the better of them that day. Like I said on Buddys  post atmosphere and discipline don't mean nothing. Does "atmoshphere" make a game fun yeah I get that. But at then end of the day it doesnt get you any extra points or anything just hey look they have a good showing. Just ask PNG in that state championship game in 99 at the astrodome how that atmosphere worked out for them

I remember only hearing ball-bearings in them propane tanks from Stephenville 2nd half, I never heard a peep from the other side and that side was packed 3-4 sections up in the Astrodome. Jackets may have had only 8-9K with em. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I remember only hearing ball-bearings in them propane tanks from Stephenville 2nd half, I never heard a peep from the other side and that side was packed 3-4 sections up in the Astrodome. Jackets may have had only 8-9K with em. 

Exactly. Atmosphere doesn't mean nothing. It's athletes vs athletes. PNG had 4 decks packed. 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Great post.

i agree with navydawg...well around here the "atmosphere" in this area can get "loud" but not loud like you are at a seahawks game...when i think of that word, i think of "home field" advantage as in noise....that small little hick town traveling to an environment like PNG, PAM, Central, etc., when they use to playing in front of boss hogg, daisy duke and about 500 people, now you in front of 8-10k. i can see where that might rattle a young team for one half or one qtr. however, NOBODY IN THIS AREA IS OR SHOULD BE PHASED BY ANY TEAM LEGACY, FANS, STADIUM, ETC...THERE ARE NO POWERHOUSES HERE. ESPN ISN'T TELEVISING EVERY WEEK AROUND HERE. TOM BRADY, DREW BREES,OR  PEYTON MANNING ARE NOT ON THE SIDE LINES. that's atmosphere....*the only thing better is when you are facing someone in your district to go to the championship game...LM vs TC 2006...THAT WAS ATMOSPHERE!!!

6 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i agree with navydawg...well around here the "atmosphere" in this area can get "loud" but not loud like you are at a seahawks game...when i think of that word, i think of "home field" advantage as in noise....that small little hick town traveling to an environment like PNG, PAM, Central, etc., when they use to playing in front of boss hogg, daisy duke and about 500 people, now you in front of 8-10k. i can see where that might rattle a young team for one half or one qtr. however, NOBODY IN THIS AREA IS OR SHOULD BE PHASED BY ANY TEAM LEGACY, FANS, STADIUM, ETC...THERE ARE NO POWERHOUSES HERE. ESPN ISN'T TELEVISING EVERY WEEK AROUND HERE. TOM BRADY, DREW BREES,OR  PEYTON MANNING ARE NOT ON THE SIDE LINES. that's atmosphere....*the only thing better is when you are facing someone in your district to go to the championship game...LM vs TC 2006...THAT WAS ATMOSPHERE!!!

But what is atmosphere?

18 minutes ago, pakronos said:

what is the most exciting h.s. football game you EVER attended?

The more exciting games I've attended was back and forth scoring games...  Last second plays, ect...  It's all on field action that gets me going...  Not what's going on in the stands...

I can name quite a few games.. 

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The more exciting games I've attended was back and forth scoring games...  Last second plays, ect...  It's all on field action that gets me going...  Not what's going on in the stands...

Png vs Central 2009?

The atmosphere that PNG talks about is no longer. It's a fashion show, who wears the most bling, who knows the most people, who has a new purse, hair and nails did. Half the people there leave after the halftime because their kid is in band or Indianettes. Fights in the stands because some drunk guy is being loud about a kid sucking and kids dad hears it. Women fighting because they caught their husband checking out some silicone walking up the stands. Now that is ATMOSPHERE! Lol

Of course, this was the 15 years that I witnessed.

21 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

The atmosphere that PNG talks about is no longer. It's a fashion show, who wears the most bling, who knows the most people, who has a new purse, hair and nails did. Half the people there leave after the halftime because their kid is in band or Indianettes. Fights in the stands because some drunk guy is being loud about a kid sucking and kids dad hears it. Women fighting because they caught their husband checking out some silicone walking up the stands. Now that is ATMOSPHERE! Lol

Of course, this was the 15 years that I witnessed.

ha ha thats a good one,funny good stuff right there,come back after the mcm game and tell me if you see the stands empty,you are right about alot of that,thats why im laughing right now lol.

17 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

that game still hurts it never leaves you,but anyways when was the last time big dogs been to a title,yall might own us this decade,thats because coaching but we own yall over all and yall will never catch up,come back to me when yall break the over all wins on us,it wont be long and we will go another 20 years or so run and add to that big lead,lol.

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

well it's that feeling that gets you giddy and smiling when you walk into that stadium and see the pregame fan fare if you are game of the week....you see that one fan outside the stadium talking smack...to see and hear the wind taking out of the sails of the team and fans when your team get a pick six...WHEN THE OTHER TEAM STARTS BOOING LOL... you soak all that up....like navydog said, it really have nothing to do with the players...the things i listed was more intimidating  factors

46 minutes ago, pakronos said:

well it's that feeling that gets you giddy and smiling when you walk into that stadium and see the pregame fan fare if you are game of the week....you see that one fan outside the stadium talking smack...to see and hear the wind taking out of the sails of the team and fans when your team get a pick six...WHEN THE OTHER TEAM STARTS BOOING LOL... you soak all that up....like navydog said, it really have nothing to do with the players...the things i listed was more intimidating  factors

Is THAT atmosphere?

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Is THAT atmosphere?

Actually Soulja, it's if I go to Central game and all of a sudden everyone stops talking, the band stops playing, the drill team stops dancing, the players stop running on the field and everyone looks at me like Smokey and Dre on the movie Friday. Lol

Trying make jokes since this silliness continues.:)

6 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Actually Soulja, it's if I go to Central game and all of a sudden everyone stops talking, the band stops playing, the drill team stops dancing, the players stop running on the field and everyone looks at me like Smokey and Dre on the movie Friday. Lol

Soulja does know what a double-digit winning streak over a cross-town rival is in SETX HS Football, he asked West Brook. 

46 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

Lol