Bernie Sanders endorses Hillary Clinton

Bobcat1

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

Thank goodness he didn't endorse Trump.  Trump has enough problems :) 

I know that's tongue in cheek but I don't see how it could have hurt Trump.  After all, Bernie's favorability ratings are consistently 15 points or more higher than the Donald's ;)

50 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I know that's tongue in cheek but I don't see how it could have hurt Trump.  After all, Bernie's favorability ratings are consistently 15 points or more higher than the Donald's ;)

Free stuff promises will do that.  Its very sad that many honestly believe it is free.  Greece and Venezuela both subscribed heavily to the free stuff theory.

5 hours ago, new tobie said:

Your presidential candidate believes in free stuff, he borrowed money and did't pay it back......free stuff

Before you and TxHoops get all excited over your powerful retort, please point to a link that shows that Mr. Trump personally borrowed money and failed to repay it.  In the case of indirectly borrowing the money, I will once again state that any business that he was associated that went bankrupt had that bankruptcy adjudicated through our legal system.  By doing so, the problem terminated as was the financial harm that was done.  If Mr. Trump had had the ability to write a check to cover another check ( even though there was nothing behind the covering check but another IOU) I am sure he would have happily done so.  I would also point both of you toward the "government assisted GM bankruptcy" where bondholders lost money, some of which was given to the unions in the form of ownership in the new company.  Somehow, I am pretty confident that this would not have taken place in a conventional bankruptcy.  In light of the integrity laden Clinton Foundation and the commodities activities of Mrs. Clinton, I would further suggest that Mr. Trump is not the one who deserves to be scrutinized so heavily on his financial activities.  The Federal Government issued Treasury bonds (aka borrowed money) in order to provide the Department of Energy with the ability to make loans to Solyndra.  The U.S Postal Service has been technically bankrupt for a very long time and defaulted on  obligations more than once.  The difference is, simply issuing another IOU in order to continue operating a loser. If you are troubled by the alleged financial irresponsibility of Trump and/or trump affiiated businesses, surely you must be considerably more upset on the well documented  financial activities of the Federal Government or Detroit, Chicago, San Bernardino, California, Stockton,, California, Jefferson County Alabama, Central Falls Rhode Island, etc etc etc.

In the same vein that the others have posted before, how in the hell can a sane person support Obama/Hillary and then in the same breath criticize Trump for bankruptcy. The United States of America is 20 trillion dollars in debt. Let's restate this. The United States government has put the American citizen in 20 trillions of dollars of debt. Did any of Trumps bankruptcies even minutely approach this amount? If you are going to blame Trump for his bankruptcies, you must not be hypocritical and place full blame on Obama for his 20 trillion dollar debt.

Let's get down to brass tacks. How much money did Trump's bankruptcies cost people versus how much money did Obama's bankruptcies cost people? The sheeple do not want to answer that. And Hillary wants to extend the bankruptcy. What is the net value that Trump has produced versus the net value that Obama has produced. It's not a difficult concept. Even the staunchest Dems should be able to understand. 

I am not a Trump fan. In fact, I think he is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to presidential candidates. (Hillary is the scum that lives beneath the bottom of the barrel.) The Democrats have plenty to criticize him on. But to try and criticize him on past bankruptcies is just laughable. Ludicrous is probably a better word. Do you Liberals (and many of you Conservatives) realize that this country is 20 trillion dollars in debt? Do you not realize this? You Liberals want to paint Trump as not financially responsible when in fact it is your party that has driven us to a financial crisis. Obama is the first president in history to endure a financial downgrade. And all you Liberals want to say is that Trump had four bankruptcies in his 9 billion dollar empire. Can someone please come up with a stronger word than ludicrous to describe Democrats? 

12 hours ago, Englebert said:

In the same vein that the others have posted before, how in the hell can a sane person support Obama/Hillary and then in the same breath criticize Trump for bankruptcy. The United States of America is 20 trillion dollars in debt. Let's restate this. The United States government has put the American citizen in 20 trillions of dollars of debt. Did any of Trumps bankruptcies even minutely approach this amount? If you are going to blame Trump for his bankruptcies, you must not be hypocritical and place full blame on Obama for his 20 trillion dollar debt.

Let's get down to brass tacks. How much money did Trump's bankruptcies cost people versus how much money did Obama's bankruptcies cost people? The sheeple do not want to answer that. And Hillary wants to extend the bankruptcy. What is the net value that Trump has produced versus the net value that Obama has produced. It's not a difficult concept. Even the staunchest Dems should be able to understand. 

One letter for you: W. 

This is the hidden content, please

Obviously the debt has continued to escalate under Obama.  I place plenty of blame on him for failing to correct a lot of the damage done by the previous administration as he promised. But let's be clear.  The downward spiral was already in full effect when he was sworn in. 

10 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Me thinks some of you are unaware a hypocrisy is a two way street.  Which makes most of these "retorts" pretty funny.  That's the whole point fellas.  Glass houses...glass houses. 

I understand what you're saying Hoops, but it's not just the Dems that post here that bring up Trump's bankruptcies, Hillary has to.  And that's what boggles my mind.  As you know by the post of many of us on the right (see Englebert above), most of us don't see Trump as a great candidate (insert understatement here).  That said, why isn't the left going full court press on his many glaring political weaknesses?   

5 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I understand what you're saying Hoops, but it's not just the Dems that post here that bring up Trump's bankruptcies, Hillary has to.  And that's what boggles my mind.  As you know by the post of many of us on the right (see Englebert above), most of us don't see Trump as a great candidate (insert understatement here).  That said, why isn't the left going full court press on his many glaring political weaknesses?   

I think the point is that no major US Company has filed Ch. 11 more times in the last 30 years than Trump's.  The fact that he didn't file them individually is a silly, silly argument (akin to "But President Obama has accumulated $0 of the US debt personally).  If anything, it's more troubling to me for what should be obvious reasons.  

But make no mistake, I fully understand your position.  Which is why I pointed out the hypocrisy works both ways. 

As for your last question, I have no good answer.  I've wondered the exact same thing. 

45 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

One letter for you: W. 

This is the hidden content, please

Obviously the debt has continued to escalate under Obama.  I place plenty of blame on him for failing to correct a lot of the damage done by the previous administration as he promised. But let's be clear.  The downward spiral was already in full effect when he was sworn in. 

According to the Congressional Budget office these Presidents left office with an amount of debt expressed as a percentage of GDP:

Ronald Reagan   40.9%

George H.W. Bush 48.3%

Bill Clinton 34.5%

George W. Bush  39.3%

Barack Obama (Through 2014 calendar year) 74.1%

Since there are two variables there ( GDP AND AMOUNT OF DEBT) I can only conclude that either the debt is extraordinarily high or  the GDP  sucks.  If you want to somehow credit Bush for the current amount of debt, it will be interesting to see what the internet offers in the way of criticizing him for the last 7 years of GDP.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Me thinks some of you are unaware a hypocrisy is a two way street.  Which makes most of these "retorts" pretty funny.  That's the whole point fellas.  Glass houses...glass houses. 

I don't know who you are referring to. I've expressed my views plenty of times on too much spending by every administration. No hypocrisy here.

The point of my post was showing that Democrats are now trying to say that Trump is not financially responsible because of four bankruptcies (although he has amassed to 9 billion dollar empire), but think that it is okay to elect Hillary to continue the type of government that has us 20 trillion dollars in debt. That is the zenith of hypocrisy. 

18 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I don't know who you are referring to. I've expressed my views plenty of times on too much spending by every administration. No hypocrisy here.

The point of my post was showing that Democrats are now trying to say that Trump is not financially responsible because of four bankruptcies (although he has amassed to 9 billion dollar empire), but think that it is okay to elect Hillary to continue the type of government that has us 20 trillion dollars in debt. That is the zenith of hypocrisy. 

Fair enough

54 minutes ago, stevenash said:

According to the Congressional Budget office these Presidents left office with an amount of debt expressed as a percentage of GDP:

Ronald Reagan   40.9%

George H.W. Bush 48.3%

Bill Clinton 34.5%

George W. Bush  39.3%

Barack Obama (Through 2014 calendar year) 74.1%

Since there are two variables there ( GDP AND AMOUNT OF DEBT) I can only conclude that either the debt is extraordinarily high or  the GDP  sucks.  If you want to somehow credit Bush for the current amount of debt, it will be interesting to see what the internet offers in the way of criticizing him for the last 7 years of GDP.

My man Clinton :D