Bernie Sanders endorses Hillary Clinton

Bobcat1

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

According to the Congressional Budget office these Presidents left office with an amount of debt expressed as a percentage of GDP:

Ronald Reagan   40.9%

George H.W. Bush 48.3%

Bill Clinton 34.5%

George W. Bush  39.3%

Barack Obama (Through 2014 calendar year) 74.1%

Since there are two variables there ( GDP AND AMOUNT OF DEBT) I can only conclude that either the debt is extraordinarily high or  the GDP  sucks.  If you want to somehow credit Bush for the current amount of debt, it will be interesting to see what the internet offers in the way of criticizing him for the last 7 years of GDP.

What is the current deficit? What was it under former presidents?

8 hours ago, stevenash said:

According to the Congressional Budget office these Presidents left office with an amount of debt expressed as a percentage of GDP:

Ronald Reagan   40.9%

George H.W. Bush 48.3%

Bill Clinton 34.5%

George W. Bush  39.3%

Since there are two variables there ( GDP AND AMOUNT OF DEBT) I can only conclude that either the debt is extraordinarily high or  the GDP  sucks.  If you want to somehow credit Bush for the current amount of debt, it will be interesting to see what the internet offers in the way of criticizing him for the last 7 years of GDP.

What is the current deficit? What was it under former presidents?

7 hours ago, stevenash said:

Since we are  talking about the debt, the status of the deficit is not relevant in this thread.  Maybe you are not aware of the difference between the debt and the deficit?

I know what it is. Do you? What is more important the sent or the deficit. I think the deficit now is lower than it was under Bush. You might not understand, because you don't understand macroeconomic according to one of my friends. I laughably showed him some of your posts

9 hours ago, stevenash said:

Ronald Reagan   40.9%

George H.W. Bush 48.3%

Bill Clinton 34.5%

George W. Bush  39.3%

Tt

1 minute ago, Big girl said:

I know what it is. Do you? What is more important the sent or the deficit. I think the deficit now is lower than it was under Bush. You might not understand, because you don't understand macroeconomic according to one of my friends. I laughably showed him some of your posts

Yea, sure.  I dont understand economics and you do.  And your "friend" is an economic genius.  Why not bring your "friend" on this board and let him put me where you think I belong?  I am certainly ready for that.    By the way, here are some credentials of my "friend" ( a very close one incidentally that I have known since childhood)

A visiting faculty member at Yale, The University of Chicago, Ecole Des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC) in France, The Australian Graduate School of Management at the University of New South Wales, and City University Business School In London.  He has lectured many executive educations programs including the Wharton Executive MBA Program, Kiel World Institute, Swiss Finance Instituete, J.P. Morgan, Chase Manhattan Bank, ABN- AMRO, and  Bankers Trust.  Also served as a consultant or visitng scholar at the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, the International Monetary Fun, and the World Bank.  He has also publilshed over fifty articles that deal with international Finance.  Additionally, he is a Research Associate with hte National Bureau of Economic Research and a founding editor  of The Journal of International FInancial Management and Accounting.

My "friend" thinks I understand the economy fairly well.   How do his qualifications compare to your "friend"?

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Yea, sure.  I dont understand economics and you do.  And your "friend" is an economic genius.  Why not bring your "friend" on this board and let him put me where you think I belong?  I am certainly ready for that.    By the way, here are some credentials of my "friend" ( a very close one incidentally that I have known since childhood)

A visiting faculty member at Yale, The University of Chicago, Ecole Des Hautes Etudes Commerciales (HEC) in France, The Australian Graduate School of Management at the University of New South Wales, and City University Business School In London.  He has lectured many executive educations programs including the Wharton Executive MBA Program, Kiel World Institute, Swiss Finance Instituete, J.P. Morgan, Chase Manhattan Bank, ABN- AMRO, and  Bankers Trust.  Also served as a consultant or visitng scholar at the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, the International Monetary Fun, and the World Bank.  He has also publilshed over fifty articles that deal with international Finance.  Additionally, he is a Research Associate with hte National Bureau of Economic Research and a founding editor  of The Journal of International FInancial Management and Accounting.

My "friend" thinks I understand the economy fairly well.   How do his qualifications compare to your "friend"?

Give it up Nash...you don't understand "macroeconomic". :)

23 hours ago, Englebert said:

In the same vein that the others have posted before, how in the hell can a sane person support Obama/Hillary and then in the same breath criticize Trump for bankruptcy. The United States of America is 20 trillion dollars in debt. Let's restate this. The United States government has put the American citizen in 20 trillions of dollars of debt. Did any of Trumps bankruptcies even minutely approach this amount? If you are going to blame Trump for his bankruptcies, you must not be hypocritical and place full blame on Obama for his 20 trillion dollar debt.

Let's get down to brass tacks. How much money did Trump's bankruptcies cost people versus how much money did Obama's bankruptcies cost people? The sheeple do not want to answer that. And Hillary wants to extend the bankruptcy. What is the net value that Trump has produced versus the net value that Obama has produced. It's not a difficult concept. Even the staunchest Dems should be able to understand. 

The republicans started two wars when they were in office and they are still going on and being financed now.

Trump borrowed money four times and didn't pay his creditors back, bad business decisions and he started out with daddy's money.

10 hours ago, stevenash said:

Ronald Reagan   40.9%

George H.W. Bush 48.3%

Bill Clinton 34.5%

George W. Bush  39.3%

Seems like we need Bill back!!!!

6 minutes ago, new tobie said:

The republicans started two wars when they were in office and they are still going on and being financed now.

Trump borrowed money four times and didn't pay his creditors back, bad business decisions and he started out with daddy's money.

Obama and the Democrats have us 20 trillion dollars in debt. We pay $262 billion annually in interest payments. And you are worried about Trump not paying back a couple of thousand dollars. Are you serious? Really. Are you serious? I'm actually appalled by this mentality.

5 minutes ago, Englebert said:

Obama and the Democrats have us 20 trillion dollars in debt. We pay $262 billion annually in interest payments. And you are worried about Trump not paying back a couple of thousand dollars. Are you serious? Really. Are you serious? I'm actually appalled by this mentality.

Do you think he likes, Orange, Cherry, or Grape?

• 4 weeks later...