21-5A & 22-5A check this out: FNF Predictions

I got word this evening that this is the predictions from the FNF Mag, seems odd to me, no Livingston. 

21-5a
Crosby
New Caney
Dayton
Barbers Hill
Humble
Kingwood Park
Porter
Splendora
Caney Creek

22-5a
PNG
Nederland
Lumberton
Central
Ozen
Vidor
PA Memorial 
Lee

19 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I got word this evening that this is the predictions from the FNF Mag, seems odd to me, no Livingston. 

21-5a
Crosby
New Caney
Dayton
Barbers Hill
Humble
Kingwood Park
Porter
Splendora
Caney Creek

22-5a
PNG
Nederland
Lumberton
Central
Ozen
Vidor
PA Memorial 
Lee

No need for me to buy that magazine.  With these 22-5A predictions, it shows how little they know about football in our area...

27 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

21-5a
Crosby
New Caney
Dayton
Barbers Hill
Humble
Kingwood Park
Porter
Splendora
Caney Creek

22-5a
PNG
Nederland
Lumberton
Central
Ozen
Vidor
PA Memorial 
Lee

BH 4th... well at least they have them in the playoffs. Kinda hard to predict where BH is going to end up this year. They might give Crosby a scare, or they might just stink up the joint and finish 6th with another 4-6 record.

19 minutes ago, Jag Insider said:

No need for me to buy that magazine.  With these 22-5A predictions, it shows how little they know about football in our area...

I wanna see the actual mag but when the guy sent me this I almost choked with laughter. Makes me a lil excited to see the DCTF, usually one of em is somewhat accurate, I guess its the FNF turn to not be this yr again (see last years predictions on 22-5A). 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

It probably went to print before Livingston got moved, or somebody messed up.  Well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised by an outfit that operates primarily (darned near exclusively) out of the Excusoplex.

8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I wanna see the actual mag but when the guy sent me this I almost choked with laughter. Makes me a lil excited to see the DCTF, usually one of em is somewhat accurate, I guess its the FNF turn to not be this yr again (see last years predictions on 22-5A). 

All they did was predict off the 2015 playoff teams per ea dist-CE King (moved up a class)put in BH

Couple of things

1) We don't operate exclusively out of the DFW area, we have writers from all over the state.  Except for one part of the state literally (you guessed it SE Texas).  El Paso, Laredo, Amarillo, RGV, we have em but SE TX is literally the only spot.

2) The writer who did the SE TX 5A predictions was from Houston, I thought he did a decent job all things considered.

3) Livingston is a screw up, the writer missed it I tried correcting it but it was too late for edits. Stuff happens with over 1000 schools, esp with Livingston moving after realignment.  But I'll own that one, Livingston people please feel free to be pissed.

4) We've tried for several years to get some reliable in SE Texas to write for us but for whatever reasons they either don't want to; or say they will, realize its more work than they thought and back out, or have other commitments or they move to DFW.

5) If you know someone who would like to write for us by all means e-mail me. Would love to have a reliable person in SE TX. 

This is the hidden content, please

It's tough not to get a little defensive about these things because there's so much work that goes into it.  DCTF does a great job, they have a luxury FNF doesn't in that they have 2 full time staffers plus interns, writers etc.  We have zero full timers on the writing side, but that's not an excuse, regardless I should have caught the Livingston deal sooner, it makes me sick when I miss stuff like that because I feel like I hurt a group of kids. 

The positive is despite zero full time staff we've managed to last seven years with the magazine, which is saying something.  We will be more accurate than DCTF in some areas, less accurate in others and we'll both be wrong in a lot.  Hopefully, even if we are totally wrong you'll find a few articles or information that's useful in the magazine.

1 hour ago, liltex said:

All they did was predict off the 2015 playoff teams per ea dist-CE King (moved up a class)put in BH

BH is a year away IMO, if they have a good showing (.500 or one game below .500 and beat one of the top teams) and get a few more transfers in they might make some noise next year. 

1 hour ago, Matthew328 said:

Couple of things

1) We don't operate exclusively out of the DFW area, we have writers from all over the state.  Except for one part of the state literally (you guessed it SE Texas).  El Paso, Laredo, Amarillo, RGV, we have em but SE TX is literally the only spot.

2) The writer who did the SE TX 5A predictions was from Houston, I thought he did a decent job all things considered.

3) Livingston is a screw up, the writer missed it I tried correcting it but it was too late for edits. Stuff happens with over 1000 schools, esp with Livingston moving after realignment.  But I'll own that one, Livingston people please feel free to be pissed.

4) We've tried for several years to get some reliable in SE Texas to write for us but for whatever reasons they either don't want to; or say they will, realize its more work than they thought and back out, or have other commitments or they move to DFW.

5) If you know someone who would like to write for us by all means e-mail me. Would love to have a reliable person in SE TX. 

This is the hidden content, please

Mr Stepp, glad to have your here and get your input on the process.   To be fair , DCTF has been wrong about this area the last few years as well.

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

21-5a
Crosby
New Caney
Dayton
Barbers Hill
Humble
Kingwood Park
Porter
Splendora
Caney Creek

22-5a
PNG
Nederland
Lumberton
Central
Ozen
Vidor
PA Memorial 
Lee

21-5A 

I have Crosby on top but do believe it will be a very interesting year. The entire area is growing and as enrollment increases interesting things can happen. Crosby has more depth of high end talent than I've seen. We need some solid role players to emerge. 

8 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

It's tough not to get a little defensive about these things because there's so much work that goes into it.  DCTF does a great job, they have a luxury FNF doesn't in that they have 2 full time staffers plus interns, writers etc.  We have zero full timers on the writing side, but that's not an excuse, regardless I should have caught the Livingston deal sooner, it makes me sick when I miss stuff like that because I feel like I hurt a group of kids. 

The positive is despite zero full time staff we've managed to last seven years with the magazine, which is saying something.  We will be more accurate than DCTF in some areas, less accurate in others and we'll both be wrong in a lot.  Hopefully, even if we are totally wrong you'll find a few articles or information that's useful in the magazine.

You do a great job with what you have to work with. I've told the people on the site for the last three years that FNF has taken over as the premier THSF magazine in the state. DC's will always be the flagship/bell cow but degenerates like me know where to get the most accurate version of what we're in search of.