21-5A & 22-5A check this out: FNF Predictions

58 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I watched y'all play Dayton and Angleton last year, I probably have a better idea than you do actually. I said we have elite athletes, which we do. I think Craig Williams running the 2nd fastest electronic 40 in the state this year(4.36) and Netherly finishing as the runner-up at state in the 400m proves that. We probably have close to 50 FBS combined offers to kids on the roster to go with that.

The team you lost to in the second round we beat 34-0, we won because they literally couldn't move the ball due to us being the more physical squad. The team we lost to had 2,348 kids and probably 10 total D1's. PNG lost because they were comparatively small and slow when put on the field with Angleton. Angleton also has about 2000 kids which is less than PAM has meaning they'll have even better athletes. When you look at Crosby's 5 losses the last three years you see SC, King, Elgin, Cedar Park and Ridge Point. That's what it's going to take to beat PAM IMO, you just have no idea of the talent gap between PAM and PNG but you'll find out.

You did nothing against Ridge Point, they blew Crosby off the field. Ridge Point went into OT with Angleton and won by 1 point. Had you played Angleton in the playoffs vs pre season, I do believe it would have been a different story. Elite didn't get you squat.

48 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Lol, you need to get your facts straight.  You had one 50 + game  and three that were won by less than a touchdown. Dayton has more big wins than Crosby but are still 0 fer in the playoffs against Ned.

2015  Crosby 35   Ned 18

2014 Crosby 25    Ned 20

2013  Crosby 56  Ned 35

2012 Ned 21   Crosby 7

2010 Crosby 25  Ned 19  Bi-district

2009 Crosby 35  Ned 29  Bi-district 

Crosby put 56 on Ned, then put 49 on PNG later that year. I believe Dayton put 55 on y'all last year, then 41 on PNG later. Before that Dayton put 41 on Ned and 56 on PNG later that year. So 6 of the last 8 times Crosby/Dayton have played PNG/Ned we've dropped 40 or 50+, makes my initial statement "Think about it, Dayton and Crosby drop 40-50 on Ned and PNG on the regular just because of the athletic advantage." pretty factual in my definition.

9 minutes ago, NDNation said:

You did nothing against Ridge Point, they blew Crosby off the field. Ridge Point went into OT with Angleton and won by 1 point. Had you played Angleton in the playoffs vs pre season, I do believe it would have been a different story. Elite didn't get you squat.

The year before we beat Angleton 38-15 in their own house and we were one game away from a rematch in the regional final, they just don't matchup well with us. Angleton chose to run the ball where Crosby chose to throw it in our matchups, still doesn't change the fact that you better have Aaron Sharp, the Simmons and Snell boys, the Hutchins boys, Trey Williams or a mass of talent like Ridge Point if you want to have a legitimate shot at winning. Elite just hasn't gotten us a title, it has gotten us a regional crown, district championships, 40+ ncaa signees and a statewide reputation though.    

56 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Comparing Crosby to PAM, I see the athletes being similar. But is coaching equal? Cougar, what would the outcome be if Crosby and PAM played?

I think Crosby would win because we're better in the offensive backfield right now. It would be a tough game because we wouldn't be able to dominate the lines of scrimmage like we can against most teams and they would be able to stay with our receivers. PAM just hired a Crosby coach on their staff so they would probably be pretty prepared for what we would throw at them, we would put the more refined product on the field though hence my prediction. What people around here don't understand is that coaching effectiveness becomes limited when the athletes on the other side of the ball are so good you can't execute the gameplan you installed.

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I watched y'all play Dayton and Angleton last year, I probably have a better idea than you do actually. I said we have elite athletes, which we do. I think Craig Williams running the 2nd fastest electronic 40 in the state this year(4.36) and Netherly finishing as the runner-up at state in the 400m proves that. We probably have close to 50 FBS combined offers to kids on the roster to go with that.

The team you lost to in the second round we beat 34-0, we won because they literally couldn't move the ball due to us being the more physical squad. The team we lost to had 2,348 kids and probably 10 total D1's. PNG lost because they were comparatively small and slow when put on the field with Angleton. Angleton also has about 2000 kids which is less than PAM has meaning they'll have even better athletes. When you look at Crosby's 5 losses the last three years you see SC, King, Elgin, Cedar Park and Ridge Point. That's what it's going to take to beat PAM IMO, you just have no idea of the talent gap between PAM and PNG but you'll find out.

+2

3 hours ago, NDNation said:

I agree. I'd rather win in playoffs than nondistrict. So to that, advantage angle ton. However, in our 2 non-district meetings Angleton did absolutely zero vs Crosby. 

But again. I'd rather advance further in the playoff vs win a non district game. 

2 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Hindsight is always 20/20.  If Central scores from the shotgun, then Toby is a genius because everyone expected a goal line package

Thats the thing: they wasn't going to score out of the shotgun in the redzone, Png stopped it all night. 

39 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Hindsight is always 20/20.  If Central scores from the shotgun, then Toby is a genius because everyone expected a goal line package

You didn't have to "expect" anything. Central was pretty much an open book that night. The score was 21-7

Their D did hold us to our lowest of district. WOS held us to 14

4 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Wasn't that all world RB for Angleton and a couple of more kids that were pretty good out for them in week 2 when Crosby played them?  They sure played a lot better at the end of year last year than what was on the field week 2.

Yup, and they had another player get hurt while me and liltex was there. 

Word was Angleton had 2 or 3 starters that didn't play against Crosby.Billy Foster the rb was one that didn't play.He gained almost 400 yards the last two playoff games against College Station and Ridge Point.They were also breaking in a FRESHMAN QB against Crosby and it showed.A freshman also played FS for Angleton.But the score could have been a lot worse had not Carlos Grace gone down with his season ending knee injury.If I'm correct,UIL did our Region a favor sending Angleton to another Region.I forgot to mention Foster's 311 yards and 5 tds against PNG.

You clowns need to live in the now... Other than WOS there is not another powerhouse on this board.... Crosby... Not...... Nederland not..... Png.... Not..... PAM..... Not.... Central... Nope... The facts are simple and easy... PAM will bring more athletes to a Friday night game than the Mid County teams combined. That's just a fact.... Will they beat everyone.... Probably not... X box will be outgunned from time to time.... Nederland will be in the hunt as always for the DC.... Central has athletes, but lack in other areas.... Every other team in the district is a afterthought.... Until I see a team playing for a trophy in week 16.... I don't care to hear about a 2 point win or a 50 point win... It's useless to talk about... Mark this down... Bring your money..... Make me a bet.... It goes down like this..... PAM and Nederland duke it out for a DC.... Central goes 3 seed. PNG goes 4 seed.... PAM will be the only team to see week 12... World of difference from 4 to 5a and 5 to 6a.... Get ready folks because it's going to be interesting... I agree with 14.2 on this... PAM will have the size and athletic advantage throughout the district... If anyone on this board can't pull the rose colored glasses off and see that....well.... You might want to take up basket weaving....PEACE.......

8 minutes ago, Stattrax 7.1 said:

You clowns need to live in the now... Other than WOS there is not another powerhouse on this board.... Crosby... Not...... Nederland not..... Png.... Not..... PAM..... Not.... Central... Nope... The facts are simple and easy... PAM will bring more athletes to a Friday night game than the Mid County teams combined. That's just a fact.... Will they beat everyone.... Probably not... X box will be outgunned from time to time.... Nederland will be in the hunt as always for the DC.... Central has athletes, but lack in other areas.... Every other team in the district is a afterthought.... Until I see a team playing for a trophy in week 16.... I don't care to hear about a 2 point win or a 50 point win... It's useless to talk about... Mark this down... Bring your money..... Make me a bet.... It goes down like this..... PAM and Nederland duke it out for a DC.... Central goes 3 seed. PNG goes 4 seed.... PAM will be the only team to see week 12... World of difference from 4 to 5a and 5 to 6a.... Get ready folks because it's going to be interesting... I agree with 14.2 on this... PAM will have the size and athletic advantage throughout the district... If anyone on this board can't pull the rose colored glasses off and see that....well.... You might want to take up basket weaving....PEACE.......

Vidor is my darkhorse in 22-5A, Humble my darkhorse in 21-5A. 

17 minutes ago, Justafan72 said:

Word was Angleton had 2 or 3 starters that didn't play against Crosby.Billy Foster the rb was one that didn't play.He gained almost 400 yards the last two playoff games against College Station and Ridge Point.They were also breaking in a FRESHMAN QB against Crosby and it showed.A freshman also played FS for Angleton.But the score could have been a lot worse had not Carlos Grace gone down with his season ending knee injury.If I'm correct,UIL did our Region a favor sending Angleton to another Region.I forgot to mention Foster's 311 yards and 5 tds against PNG.

We just play em when they show up. 

15 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Agree with you. We're trying tho. 

27 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Dude, where you been?