21-5A & 22-5A check this out: FNF Predictions

5 hours ago, NDNation said:

Y'all are the cellar dwellers..lol

I think Ned and Central are the only teams in the district that will be able to play with PAM. Ned due to coaching and Central due to athletes. I think the majority of what schools like PNG and Lumberton will put on the field wouldn't even make varsity at PAM. I'm not saying the "any given night" theory doesn't hold water but IMO PAM will be a lot like Crosby at the 5A level where if you don't have elite athletes on the other side of the ball  you're probably not going to win.

25 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You do a great job with what you have to work with. I've told the people on the site for the last three years that FNF has taken over as the premier THSF magazine in the state. DC's will always be the flagship/bell cow but degenerates like me know where to get the most accurate version of what we're in search of.

So you agree that FNF's 22-5A prediction to be a good, accurate prediction?

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think Ned and Central are the only teams in the district that will be able to play with PAM. Ned due to coaching and Central due to athletes. I think the majority of what schools like PNG and Lumberton will put on the field wouldn't even make varsity at PAM. I'm not saying the "any given night" theory doesn't hold water but IMO PAM will be a lot like Crosby at the 5A level where if you don't have elite athletes on the other side of the ball  you're probably not going to win.

Last time PA was in the 4A now 5A district.

Nederland (3) vs Lincoln (1)
01: LHS 42-8
00: NED 24-21
99: NED 59-12
98: NED 50-21

Nederland (4) vs TJ (0)
01: NED 36-7
00: NED 31-3
99: NED 62-35
98: NED 49-7

PNG (3) vs Lincoln (1)
01: LHS 45-13
00: PNG 20-14
99: PNG 30-24
98: PNG 44-7

PNG (2) vs TJ (2)
01: TJ 28-21
00: TJ 30-21
99: PNG 59-7
98: PNG 42-14

Thats a long time ago, but I still don't believe Memorial blows the doors off 22-5A. This isn't the same type of team that made a run to the 6A state semifinals a few years ago. Ozen beat PA last year.

3 minutes ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Nederland (4) vs TJ (0)

PNG (3) vs Lincoln (1)

PNG (2) vs TJ (2)

Thats a long time ago, but I still don't believe Memorial blows the doors off 22-5A. This isn't the same type of team that made a run to the 6A state semifinals a few years ago. Ozen beat PA last year.

So many ppl hang their hat on that 1pt win lol, we'll see how it works out for them at the Butch this yr, I reckon that particular district game wont be a close game. 

11 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

21-5A 

I have Crosby on top but do believe it will be a very interesting year. The entire area is growing and as enrollment increases interesting things can happen. Crosby has more depth of high end talent than I've seen. We need some solid role players to emerge. 

Mailboxes being set up !

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I do believe you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Central had athlete's last year and it didn't help them against us. Ozen always has the athlete's and nope. I know several kids wearing purple that would see the field as a Titan. And as far as Crosby being elite.  2nd round exit just like PNG last year. 

14 minutes ago, NDNation said:

I do believe you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Central had athlete's last year and it didn't help them against us. Ozen always has the athlete's and nope. I know several kids wearing purple that would see the field as a Titan. And as far as Crosby being elite.  2nd round exit just like PNG last year. 

Ouchyyyyy!

21 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Central lost versus Png cause their coach went shotgun inside the 5, Toby goes goalline package Central wins that game. Ozen didnt have depth last year, hence the fall off from their superbowl first game of the season in which ppl base their opinion of Memorial on for this yr (setx way of thinking there may I add when a newbie on the block, remember old Livingston :) ). And yes you very right: several kids from P.A. roots, I mean PN-G would see the field for Memorial. 100% on that. :)

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Central lost versus Png cause their coach went shotgun inside the 5, Toby goes goalline package Central wins that game. Ozen didnt have depth last year, hence the fall off from their superbowl first game of the season in which ppl base their opinion of Memorial on for this yr (setx way of thinking there may I add when a newbie on the block, remember old Livingston :) ). And yes you very right: several kids from P.A. roots, I mean PN-G would see the field for Memorial. 100% on that. :)

I remember Livingston(winning record in 22-5a) owning all but Ned/Vidor just alignment before last.So I would not hang my hat that PAM has less talent than the Lions=matter of fact,how many Lions recently have played at the next level?I can only name 1=a db/qb Dustin Harris,Collins cut from UT w/o seeing the field.From a reliable source the Lions have alot of missing pieces,after lieing about #'s to UIL if I got atheletic kids=boogey on over to Coldspring

I'm not saying PAM has less talent. IMO the Titans will have more talent than any other team in 22-5A. Will all that talent see the field? Coaching issues? This district has proved time and again that the most athletic team doesn't always come out on top. I really hate to remind everybody who's been at the top of this district for to long. 

BG, why are players with PA roots not at Memorial? 

1 hour ago, NDNation said:

I'm not saying PAM has less talent. IMO the Titans will have more talent than any other team in 22-5A. Will all that talent see the field? Coaching issues? This district has proved time and again that the most athletic team doesn't always come out on top. I really hate to remind everybody who's been at the top of this district for to long. 

BG, why are players with PA roots not at Memorial? 

Refer that question to their parents, I would love to hear their answer :)

1 hour ago, liltex said:

I remember Livingston(winning record in 22-5a) owning all but Ned/Vidor just alignment before last.So I would not hang my hat that PAM has less talent than the Lions=matter of fact,how many Lions recently have played at the next level?I can only name 1=a db/qb Dustin Harris,Collins cut from UT w/o seeing the field.From a reliable source the Lions have alot of missing pieces,after lieing about #'s to UIL if I got atheletic kids=boogey on over to Coldspring

+1

30 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Correct me if I am wrong. Most want out of PA. The entire land south of Hwy 73 between west PA road and bridge city to the east is pathetic.  Port Arthur has nothing to offer. Infrastructure falling apart, city gov in shambles (Willie Lewis?), reliant of Fed Gov $ to make ends meet.  Bond issues pass because no one works or pays taxes.

The refining jobs are from out of towners or Mid Co, Bmt, BC, Lumberton, HF, etc...

i believe the Superintendent lives in Nederland. lakes of Nederland?

9 minutes ago, Whoa said:

Correct me if I am wrong. Most want out of PA. The entire land south of Hwy 73 between west PA road and bridge city to the east is pathetic.  Port Arthur has nothing to offer. Infrastructure falling apart, city gov in shambles (Willie Lewis?), reliant of Fed Gov $ to make ends meet.  Bond issues pass because no one works or pays taxes.

The refining jobs are from out of towners or Mid Co, Bmt, BC, Lumberton, HF, etc...

Makes one wonder what happened between 1998-2001. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I'll take a stab at it.  

Without saying something that will have me fighting those parents, I will say it is easier to run than to stay and fight.........

Those I went to SFA probably forgot how even the numbers were........

Those who went to Lincoln and TJ and just messed up(lack of knowledge of self)

I would never subject my child to be on the listening end of the numbers game unless I had no choice.  

But I was never 1 to run......

16 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So you agree that FNF's 22-5A prediction to be a good, accurate prediction?

Not really, but he already explained they don't have a real writer for the area. If Gabe wrote for the area I probably wouldn't agree with him either though. I do think PAM being towards the cellar is egregious but I don't think there any other glaring inaccuracy in the prediction.

13 hours ago, ShlyKBMT said:

Nederland (4) vs TJ (0)

PNG (3) vs Lincoln (1)

PNG (2) vs TJ (2)

Yeah, but it's the type of team that will have bigger and better players than every other district team at almost every position except Central. That graphic you posted will also be the inverse this time, PNG and Ned use to have larger enrollments than the PA schools, now PAM drops down with the enrollment advantage. I already said I think they'll have an off night or two if they play down to the competition but in general I don't see them having much trouble in district. Think about it, Dayton and Crosby drop 40-50 on Ned and PNG on the regular just because of the athletic advantage. PAM is probably bigger and faster than both.

1 hour ago, Whoa said:

If he does, he should be fired..........  Period

10 hours ago, NDNation said:

I watched y'all play Dayton and Angleton last year, I probably have a better idea than you do actually. I said we have elite athletes, which we do. I think Craig Williams running the 2nd fastest electronic 40 in the state this year(4.36) and Netherly finishing as the runner-up at state in the 400m proves that. We probably have close to 50 FBS combined offers to kids on the roster to go with that.

The team you lost to in the second round we beat 34-0, we won because they literally couldn't move the ball due to us being the more physical squad. The team we lost to had 2,348 kids and probably 10 total D1's. PNG lost because they were comparatively small and slow when put on the field with Angleton. Angleton also has about 2000 kids which is less than PAM has meaning they'll have even better athletes. When you look at Crosby's 5 losses the last three years you see SC, King, Elgin, Cedar Park and Ridge Point. That's what it's going to take to beat PAM IMO, you just have no idea of the talent gap between PAM and PNG but you'll find out.

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Fact is, the athletic teams in this district do not have winning records against PNG. Ozen? Central? Last year Central game was just an example. IMO it's the Coaching factor. Faircloth has been thrown to the wolves since he's been here. When really the only question mark is the Ned games. Time for some scrutiny on the other coaches. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, but it's the type of team that will have bigger and better players than every other district team at almost every position except Central. That graphic you posted will also be the inverse this time, PNG and Ned use to have larger enrollments than the PA schools, now PAM drops down with the enrollment advantage. I already said I think they'll have an off night or two if they play down to the competition but in general I don't see them having much trouble in district. Think about it, Dayton and Crosby drop 40-50 on Ned and PNG on the regular just because of the athletic advantage. PAM is probably bigger and faster than both.

Lol, you need to get your facts straight.  You had one 50 + game  and three that were won by less than a touchdown. Dayton has more big wins than Crosby but are still 0 fer in the playoffs against Ned.

2015  Crosby 35   Ned 18

2014 Crosby 25    Ned 20

2013  Crosby 56  Ned 35

2012 Ned 21   Crosby 7

2010 Crosby 25  Ned 19  Bi-district

2009 Crosby 35  Ned 29  Bi-district 

13: Crosby 49-28

11: Crosby 30-29

10: PNG 38-7

09: PNG 37-7

08: PNG 28-27

15: PNG 42-41

14: Dayton 56-44

11: Dayton 36-31

07: Dayton 40-7

06: Dayton 33-2

PNG and Nederland might have been bigger than Lincoln but not TJ until the very end maybe. The Jackets dropped for the first time in 98. PNG had a cup of coffee in the highest classification my Freshman and Sophomore year. Also Dayton was more dominfant.

17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Comparing Crosby to PAM, I see the athletes being similar. But is coaching equal? Cougar, what would the outcome be if Crosby and PAM played?

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I totally agree with your very 1st sentence...