Useless Rants

UTfanatic

Just thot of another useless rant to some folks on this Forum.   Why is everything about race?

i know.  I'm white.  Haven't walked in your shoes.  But best I can remember, Dr King wanted us to be color blind.  I don't think he'd be happy with how things are going.  And like many great men, there's no one to fill his shoes. 

7 hours ago, REBgp said:

Just thot of another useless rant to some folks on this Forum.   Why is everything about race?

i know.  I'm white.  Haven't walked in your shoes.  But best I can remember, Dr King wanted us to be color blind.  I don't think he'd be happy with how things are going.  And like many great men, there's no one to fill his shoes. 

Like profanity, it is always a good trump card. 

An example is when an argument gets heated and a person finally loses it and degrades to, "Well you are a &#@ *(#%^!!!". 

It is like the final, "OH YEAH??!!". 

It doesn't mean that race can never be an issue. It only in my opinion means that it is too easy to throw out. "You did/said this because I am a _______________ (fill in the blank with your race, sex, ethnicity, orientation). 

All other arguments are then expected to cease. 

I always liked, "You've never walked in my shoes". The person saying that does not want you to respond the same way. The argument appears to be, you have no idea what I am thinking and why but I know everything you are thinking and why. 

On June 8, 2016 at 1:08 PM, tvc184 said:

One of my biggest rants is people driving in the left lane on the highway, blocking traffic. 

If I was big on writing citations, that would be my favorite. Get the heck out of the way. 

So you're the who rushes up behind expecting me to move over with the right lane open.

I will make you bump your brakes.

You will have to reset your cruise.

And I will move over, when I am ready.

1 hour ago, bulldogbacker said:

Why does my dog tilt her head when being talked to?

She is waiting for a "key" word.....like treat, outside, food, and she is trying to understand. She knows more than we give them credit.

Most of these rants are about driving so here is another.......You are pulling up to a red light and there are two lanes and a left turn lane with its own signal. In the right hand lane there are several cars lined up, with the inside lane open. One car in the right lane decides they are not going to sit in a line of cars and move into the inside lane keeping you from being first in line. You think they did this because the right lane had to be too slow for them and they want to get up to speed, so you pull in behind them. Sure enough, when the light changes to green, they are slower than Christmas and all the cars, plus a few more, in the right lane pass you like  it is nothing. Why do people pull into the "fast" lane  when they have absolutely no intention of getting close to the speed limit?

I have more.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

She is waiting for a "key" word.....like treat, outside, food, and she is trying to understand. She knows more than we give them credit.

Most of these rants are about driving so here is another.......You are pulling up to a red light and there are two lanes and a left turn lane with its own signal. In the right hand lane there are several cars lined up, with the inside lane open. One car in the right lane decides they are not going to sit in a line of cars and move into the inside lane keeping you from being first in line. You think they did this because the right lane had to be too slow for them and they want to get up to speed, so you pull in behind them. Sure enough, when the light changes to green, they are slower than Christmas and all the cars, plus a few more, in the right lane pass you like  it is nothing. Why do people pull into the "fast" lane  when they have absolutely no intention of getting close to the speed limit?

I have more.

Lmbo, you're so right.

While I'm at the gym

"Hey how many sets you got left?"

Or when people bring gym bags and lay it on the floor. its a tripping hazard.

When people are sitting at that one station you want to use next,and they talking like some social event without lifting one weight!

Dowlen Road traffic on a weekend around noon. I go crazy

This actually happened to me once  while i was walking out  the gas station

*me opens door for girl walking in the store

Girl-"excuse me but I have a boyfriend"

Stupid B**#h

14 hours ago, king said:

While I'm at the gym

"Hey how many sets you got left?"

Or when people bring gym bags and lay it on the floor. its a tripping hazard.

When people are sitting at that one station you want to use next,and they talking like some social event without lifting one weight!

Dowlen Road traffic on a weekend around noon. I go crazy

This actually happened to me once  while i was walking out  the gas station

*me opens door for girl walking in the store

Girl-"excuse me but I have a boyfriend"

Stupid B**#h

Dowlen Rd traffic is like nightmare on elm street.

SCARRY

On June 12, 2016 at 9:04 AM, baddog said:

I have more.

Your right about everything!

My dog is a border collie. She definitely responds to key words like outside, walk, food, ride, blue, white, red, bone, treat, and is learning beach. My wife and I are practicing empty nesting and taking her with us.

She was about 18 months old when I got her. 

I got her the day I was diagnosed with cancer. I scared the cancer away two years ago, but the dog won't leave.

smh

50 minutes ago, bulldogbacker said:

Your right about everything!

My dog is a border collie. She definitely responds to key words like outside, walk, food, ride, blue, white, red, bone, treat, and is learning beach. My wife and I are practicing empty nesting and taking her with us.

She was about 18 months old when I got her. 

I got her the day I was diagnosed with cancer. I scared the cancer away two years ago, but the dog won't leave.

smh

Sorry to hear about, your cancer. I deal with it myself.

A border collie is one of the smartest dogs around. She knows what you are saying on key words and they also respond to tone of voice. They know when they are in trouble. Lol

33 minutes ago, NDNation said:

10 wreckers at a 2 car accident. What's up with that?

If you really want to know.....

There are a couple of ways to run an accident scene. It depends on city/county ordinances and police department policy. Generally there are two distinct ways to handle accident scenes. 

For most cities the police simply ask you for a wrecker preference. If you have one and that wrecker is permitted by the city to pick up at accident scenes in the city, that is your wrecker. But..... what if the person does not know a wrecker, the person is not able to give one (unconscious) or the traffic congestion is so bad like on a busy highway that the police need to clear the roadway immediately? It is that is the issue then there are those two distinct ways to handle accident scenes. 

The first way  by many cities (and I think all in Jefferson County) is to call for a non-preference wrecker. Usually a city will enact an ordinance regulating accident scenes. Part of that ordinance will be that wrecker rotation list where each permitted wrecker gets equal turns to pick up at accident scenes. The first time the police call, wrecker A will get the tow. The next time it will be wrecker B, then C and so on. When the list is completed, it will start over in rotation. That way there is no favoritism by the city/police and everyone gets the same number of calls.

The benefit for the city is controlling who can pick up, what standards they have to meet, have some sort of price control to protect citizens and to keep wreckers from racing to a wreck scene. The one draw back is that it might take that wrecker almost half an hour to get there since there is no need to race to the scene. Of course the accident scene may be there that long anyway and in that case it is a moot point. If it is a minor fender bender and the cop is finished with the accident in 15 minutes (rarely), then he might be stuck waiting for 10 minutes for the rotation wrecker. 

The other main way is usually done by DPS and the sheriff department who generally work outside of the city limits. They run the "first on scene" or time call method. Basically whoever shows up at the scene can get the tow. The troopers or deputies normally put out a call for wreckers on the radio and the wrecker drivers listen on the scanner. The trooper or deputy might put a 10 or 15 minute clock on it. I think that they may even have the dispatcher call the time when it is over. When the time ends, however many wreckers that have made it to the scene will toss a chip or business card in the hat. One (or more if needed) will be drawn and the winner gets the tow. That is why on the weekend you will see several wreckers parked at a central location. They hang out together and all drive to the scene together and racing is not an issue. That also applies to an arrest scene or any time a wrecker is needed.. 

So when you see a bunch of wreckers at a DWI arrest or accident scene, they are all tossing their card in the hat and hope to be drawn. That winner will get the tow and the rest will go stage somewhere and wait for the next call. 

I know that in the city, when we call for "first on scene" due to a bad traffic jam and an increased risk of further accidents, we really mean first on scene. The moment we see a wrecker pulling up, that wrecker gets the tow. 

When you are see all those wreckers for one or two cars, you are most of the time outside of the city limits.

If you wanted to know............. :)

51 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

If you really want to know.....

There are a couple of ways to run an accident scene. It depends on city/county ordinances and police department policy. Generally there are two distinct ways to handle accident scenes. 

For most cities the police simply ask you for a wrecker preference. If you have one and that wrecker is permitted by the city to pick up at accident scenes in the city, that is your wrecker. But..... what if the person does not know a wrecker, the person is not able to give one (unconscious) or the traffic congestion is so bad like on a busy highway that the police need to clear the roadway immediately? It is that is the issue then there are those two distinct ways to handle accident scenes. 

The first way  by many cities (and I think all in Jefferson County) is to call for a non-preference wrecker. Usually a city will enact an ordinance regulating accident scenes. Part of that ordinance will be that wrecker rotation list where each permitted wrecker gets equal turns to pick up at accident scenes. The first time the police call, wrecker A will get the tow. The next time it will be wrecker B, then C and so on. When the list is completed, it will start over in rotation. That way there is no favoritism by the city/police and everyone gets the same number of calls.

The benefit for the city is controlling who can pick up, what standards they have to meet, have some sort of price control to protect citizens and to keep wreckers from racing to a wreck scene. The one draw back is that it might take that wrecker almost half an hour to get there since there is no need to race to the scene. Of course the accident scene may be there that long anyway and in that case it is a moot point. If it is a minor fender bender and the cop is finished with the accident in 15 minutes (rarely), then he might be stuck waiting for 10 minutes for the rotation wrecker. 

The other main way is usually done by DPS and the sheriff department who generally work outside of the city limits. They run the "first on scene" or time call method. Basically whoever shows up at the scene can get the tow. The troopers or deputies normally put out a call for wreckers on the radio and the wrecker drivers listen on the scanner. The trooper or deputy might put a 10 or 15 minute clock on it. I think that they may even have the dispatcher call the time when it is over. When the time ends, however many wreckers that have made it to the scene will toss a chip or business card in the hat. One (or more if needed) will be drawn and the winner gets the tow. That is why on the weekend you will see several wreckers parked at a central location. They hang out together and all drive to the scene together and racing is not an issue. That also applies to an arrest scene or any time a wrecker is needed.. 

So when you see a bunch of wreckers at a DWI arrest or accident scene, they are all tossing their card in the hat and hope to be drawn. That winner will get the tow and the rest will go stage somewhere and wait for the next call. 

I know that in the city, when we call for "first on scene" due to a bad traffic jam and an increased risk of further accidents, we really mean first on scene. The moment we see a wrecker pulling up, that wrecker gets the tow. 

When you are see all those wreckers for one or two cars, you are most of the time outside of the city limits.

If you wanted to know............. :)

I think this clears it up....lol

These new refrigerators with water and air filters that you have to change every 6 months are such a scam.  My new fridge's filters just went out, so now the thing barely makes ice and water slowly drips out.  Cost me $60 to replace.

These fridge companies got together and figured out how to bilk me out of a $120 a year!  I made it just fine with the old ones with no damn filter.  

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

These new refrigerators with water and air filters that you have to change every 6 months are such a scam.  My new fridge's filters just went out, so now the thing barely makes ice and water slowly drips out.  Cost me $60 to replace.

These fridge companies got together and figured out how to bilk me out of a $120 a year!  I made it just fine with the old ones with no damn filter.  

That's a big problem now, everything comes with "bells and whistles".   Haven't been car shopping in several years.  Wonder if dealers still stock cars with roll up windows, manuelly adj seats, side mirrors that you adj with your hand?  Our last two cars have both had tachometers.  What for?  A/Trans with 6cyl engines.  What good is a Tach?   Hadn't needed one of those since I got rid of my 1964 Plymouth Fury with a 383 4bbl.

oh, my rant:. Why can't I get it (it being anything) without all that extra stuff I don't want.

Have you noticed:

That the Bolivar Peninsula has become virtually a no passing zone due the solid striping. 

Lots of room.

Lots of straight, good roads.

Solid striping from ferry to Old Meacoms Pier.

Good job Galveston.....once again.

Jefferson County needs to give the Nude Beach to Galveston and let them handle it also.

OK, feel better now!!!!