Useless Rants

UTfanatic

47 minutes ago, UTfanatic said:

Getting ready for trip to town

"Fire zone does not mean ME"

"direction arrows in parking lots are there for a reason"

"I had my signal on"

Even my usually mild mannered wife has starting getting road rage.  I'm glad she hasn't gotten a weapons carry license.   

Btw, meant to post this.  About a week ago we where in line at Jack in the Box in Vidor.   The lady in front of us at the window (La plates) took forever.  I was having hunger rage.  My most dangerous time.  Finally got to the window and she had paid for our order.   Didn't I feel lower than whale dodo.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

With all of the technology we have in this world, why the hell can't my DVR record the whole show if it runs over the allotted time?!?

I set it to record a certain show start to finish, not a certain time block!!  

On sports events I get an extension of up to 3 hours.

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

With all of the technology we have in this world, why the hell can't my DVR record the whole show if it runs over the allotted time?!?

I set it to record a certain show start to finish, not a certain time block!!  

Once true interactive TV becomes available, this will be solved. The technology is already here, just not implemented.

One thing that scares me, and I'm convinced it's coming, (and in some part it is already being utilized) is the advertisements. When you activate any interactive feature, you are going to have to deal with advertisements surrounding the screen. Just look at this site. Just look at any website. The bandwidth for the added commercials is the holdup. We are already getting a taste of them on many channels (the little pop-ups at the bottom of the screen). As soon as they implement interactive TV in earnest, they will justify the cost of the new technology with ads littering every side of the screen. And as the good little sheeple we are, we will complain but still accept this. Man, I hope I'm wrong on this, but am willing to bet good money I'm not.

23 hours ago, baddog said:

Not sure, I would record the show that comes on after your show to cover the runover. It may work.

That's what we've started doing.  The networks should extend the time for games on their schedule.  Can't remember one ending on time.