Useless Rants

UTfanatic

Oh the lines at grocery stores.

Behind lady with a full basket.   Gets it all on belt & stands there.  When checker if thru, Then she digs thru her purse for whatever she's using to pay.  You idiot, why didn't you get it out already.  

My wife was scheduling a doctor appointment and they tell her they do not accept her insurance anymore. She says fine, I'll pay cash and not use the insurance. They said we can't see you because you have that insurance and we'll get fined. We try finding another insurance company and guess what, no insurance companies can sell insurance right now. They can only sell insurance during the national enrollment period. She is not allowed to switch insurance companies at all. So much for freedom and improved healthcare coverage.

23 hours ago, NDNation said:

School Zone in affect when FLASHING! Guess what? If its not flashing, you don't have to slow to a crawl.

Also, its hard to merge when you're going ZERO mph. Having to slam on my breaks on the on ramp really makes my day..lol

you better be careful with that.  If it's not summer, and it's between the two times listed on the sign, you better slow down even if the light is not flashing.  But i get what you mean.  

3 hours ago, mat said:

My wife was scheduling a doctor appointment and they tell her they do not accept her insurance anymore. She says fine, I'll pay cash and not use the insurance. They said we can't see you because you have that insurance and we'll get fined. We try finding another insurance company and guess what, no insurance companies can sell insurance right now. They can only sell insurance during the national enrollment period. She is not allowed to switch insurance companies at all. So much for freedom and improved healthcare coverage.

I had a test done recently and they charged $300 for the test if i paid cash, and $500 for the test if i used my insurance.  Needless to say, i paid cash because i had not reached my deductible, but that's also $300 that did not go towards my deductible.  

16 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I had a test done recently and they charged $300 for the test if i paid cash, and $500 for the test if i used my insurance.  Needless to say, i paid cash because i had not reached my deductible, but that's also $300 that did not go towards my deductible.  

I have seen tests/scans are $5000 with insurance and $700 without insurance and paying cash!

IMO, there should be no difference.

Saw this on face book and got a good laugh. Didnt want to start a whole thread on it though.

13174155_594293094061664_360209051887213

Today at work I found some Wild Corndogs growing in their natural habitat. This was real exciting for me as I have never picked fresh corndogs before, but I have no idea how to tell when they are ripe as they tasted horrible no matter how much mustard I put on them

21 minutes ago, NDNation said:

Saw this on face book and got a good laugh. Didnt want to start a whole thread on it though.

This is the hidden content, please

Today at work I found some Wild Corndogs growing in their natural habitat. This was real exciting for me as I have never picked fresh corndogs before, but I have no idea how to tell when they are ripe as they tasted horrible no matter how much mustard I put on them

Whoever picked those, "Here's Your Sign"

3 hours ago, NDNation said:

This is the hidden content, please

That is a looonnngg corny dog

4 hours ago, NDNation said:

Cooked right, its not that bad. I think what did me in, was sitting with a view of the carcasses hanging from the ceiling. Kind of ruined my appetite.

That is what people say about everything.

I hate liver!! You haven't had it cooked right.

I cannot stand wild duck. Gag!!! You haven't had it cooked right.

Brussel sprouts are just plain nasty!!! You haven't had it cooked right.

I hate............... 

No..... it just doesn't taste good!! :)

53 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

That is what people say about everything.

I hate liver!! You haven't had it cooked right.

I cannot stand wild duck. Gag!!! You haven't had it cooked right.

Brussel sprouts are just plain nasty!!! You haven't had it cooked right.

I hate............... 

No..... it just doesn't taste good!! :)

And sometimes if you don't know what it is beforehand, it taste good. I will not eat froglegs even though they taste good fried.

Liver is an aquired taste. Know matter how it's cooked, it still taste like liver..lol

29 minutes ago, NDNation said:

And sometimes if you don't know what it is beforehand, it taste good. I will not eat froglegs even though they taste good fried.

Liver is an aquired taste. Know matter how it's cooked, it still taste like liver..lol

I like duck and brussel sprouts..... and asparagus, broccoli, rutabagas, cilantro, sushi, tofu and so forth. There is little that I won't eat and most things I love. 

But I can't stand liver and I cannot develop a flavor for something that I cannot get down, I don't care how you cook it. It doesn't bother me what it is as long as it is blended enough that I can't get that distinctive liver flavor. 

10 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I like duck and brussel sprouts..... and asparagus, broccoli, rutabagas, cilantro, sushi, tofu and so forth. There is little that I won't eat and most things I love. 

But I can't stand liver and I cannot develop a flavor for something that I cannot get down, I don't care how you cook it. It doesn't bother me what it is as long as it is blended enough that I can't get that distinctive liver flavor. 

I guess you won't like my foie gras tattoo!

smh

9 hours ago, REBgp said:

Deer is an exception, but I understand it has more to do with the cleaning/skinning of the deer.   I've tasted some with the "wild" taste so bad you couldn't hardly eat it.  Most is very much like beef, but doesn't have the marbling.  Still good.  

I have killed many deer and eaten plenty of others where I helped clean it. I have never had a gamey tasting one. Almost every one that I have cleaned or been on scene were done within about an hour of killing and we don't usually gut the deer.... even while  cleaning. Hang 'em by the back legs, strip the hide and but off the shoulders, back straps and hams. Dump the carcass and the meat goes straight on ice. 

Someone might not like the taste of deer but how it is handled might be everything. I know that my mother has served it at church and no one has ever  mentioned it anything other than it tasting great. With roast, chicken fried and hamburgers......... she has never told them it was deer. :)