Elijah Parquet (West Brook 2018)

Now in Eli's case, I know he wanted to come to Kelly because his parents wanted him in a religious environment with higher academic standards.  And as far as we know, they still want him there. Not sure why the West Brook rumors are flying around. So I guess we will all find out in August :) 

1 hour ago, Barney Fife said:

So are you putting some truth to the rumor that if Boutee get the westBrook job then Omar Sneed will be on the staff. If this is the case what are the UIL rules that would give any coach in  either district the right to protest. There has to be some exception in that case correct. Maybe that would explain why he left Beaumont to go to an out of district school in the first place. But seriously if this were the fact how could you keep a kid from playing for his father....

It does not make a difference if you play for your father. It's all about residency. A former Ozen player went to play for his father in Houston and wasn't allowed to play varsity his JUNIOR year.

24 minutes ago, winwin said:

Now in Eli's case, I know he wanted to come to Kelly because his parents wanted him in a religious environment with higher academic standards.  And as far as we know, they still want him there. Not sure why the West Brook rumors are flying around. So I guess we will all find out in August :) 

Religious environment? Yeah ok....smh..

11 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Religious environment? Yeah ok....smh..

I mean a school that has a religious class. And by the way, those were THEIR words...not mine. So are you saying that our students aren't religious?

2 minutes ago, winwin said:

I mean a school that has a religious class. And by the way, those were THEIR words...not mine. So are you saying that our students aren't religious?

I've met many of your students in the past 20 years. I have some stories about Kelly students, whew!!!

1 minute ago, Dick Vitale said:

I'm that YOU want those kids there to play basketball at Kelly!

2 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I've met many of your students in the past 20 years. I have some stories about Kelly students, whew!!!

Kids will be kids yes. LOL But with all the service hour requirements and religious classes at Kelly, it cant hurt when trying to keep kids on track. Nothing is fool proof.

44 minutes ago, winwin said:

I find the higher academic standards to be a joke with this situation. Passing is passing.

3 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

I'm that YOU want those kids there to play basketball at Kelly!

I am a part time coach at Kelly. I own a business in Beaumont in my spare time LOL. I have a kid at Kelly and graduated a daughter from Kelly in 2011. I am a long time supporter of Catholic schools in Beaumont. God first. But education is very important to me. And the last thing I would want is for kids to just come to Kelly without meeting the academic standards. Its not all about basketball with me. But how would you know...you don't even know me LOL 

6 minutes ago, Team Game said:

But when an individual does not pass at one why would they likely pass at the other.

We have had two students that I know of personally in the last year that transferred from Kelly to BISD schools. Both were D students at Kelly. Both are A students now. Classes they were able to select are easier in the BISD. And from what I hear, they don't even give homework at Central! Don't know if that's true of Ozen or West Brook. The only case where this doesn't apply is that top 5 % in a BISD school. I would bet they would be successful anywhere.

1 minute ago, Team Game said:

By the way, HJ had 5 basketball kids earn Academic All State and the 9 Seniors had an average GPA of 3.5. Not bad for an academic let down like you  think.

I don't think HJ is a bad academic school. And I would not consider it an academic let down. Now I would consider a BISD school an academic let down. All I said was that the Parquets said that they wanted Eli in a more religious environment with higher academic standards. Just because the academics are slightly higher at Kelly, I'm not saying they are low or bad at HJ. The gap wouldn't be drastic at all.

4 hours ago, winwin said:

We have had two students that I know of personally in the last year that transferred from Kelly to BISD schools. Both were D students at Kelly. Both are A students now. Classes they were able to select are easier in the BISD. And from what I hear, they don't even give homework at Central! Don't know if that's true of Ozen or West Brook. The only case where this doesn't apply is that top 5 % in a BISD school. I would bet they would be successful anywhere.

Tons of homework at Ozen, even for seniors now that'll be graduating in less than a month that's finishing in the top 10% in their class....

Kelly is the academic standard in SETX.  If you don't think so, you either don't know or are in denial.  Having said that, HJ is one of the top public districts in the area.  And the transfer that has been consuming this board for several weeks now has nothing to do with academics, regardless of which school becomes the destination.  

As far as BISD, I can only say I know of multiple students who have transferred in this past year or so and without exception, every single one experience a drastic improvement in grades, while at the same time telling me how easy it was.  At the same time, I am sure there are paths you can take at all 3 schools that will challenge you as much as you are willing to be challenged.  

13 minutes ago, team first said:

Trying it compare bisd to  Kelly academics. 

Cmon man 

y'all don't even believe that yourselves 

I think they just don't know. They WANT to believe it. Truth is, yes there are plenty of kids in the BISD that would do GREAT at Kelly or any other school district. But the BISD as an organization is a pure academic joke. If you don't believe me, watch the news, read the paper, surf the internet or ask a neighbor. Its sad really. So if you want to be in denial about how equal the BISD is to ANY district within about 5000 miles of Beaumont, go right ahead. LOL