Elijah Parquet (West Brook 2018)

I'm confused, could someone please clear something up for me? Last week someone on here claims that they saw Elijah Parquet on the Hardin Jefferson campus during school hours, yet I just received news that he was spotted at West Brook High School as late as Friday of last week. Where is this kid currently enrolled in school? I do realize that this is a touchy subject with the HJ faithful, I'm just asking for clarity.

10 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

I'm confused, could someone please clear something up for me? Last week someone on here claims that they saw Elijah Parquet on the Hardin Jefferson campus during school hours, yet I just received news that he was spotted at West Brook High School as late as Friday of last week. Where is this kid currently enrolled in school? I do realize that this is a touchy subject with the HJ faithful, I'm just asking for clarity.

Why do you need clarity on where the young man is currently attending school?

4 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Why do you need clarity on where the young man is currently attending school?

Because I'm reading on sports websites that he is attending West Brook, yet people on here insist he is still at HJ. I'm just asking...Anything wrong with that?

OTHER NEWS!
I wish I had footage of the Vince Carter like dunk by the very talented Elijah Parquet (Beaumont Westbrook HS 2018) converted right over the top of Tristian Ikpe (Deer Park HS 2018) but this one is nearly as good.  Check out

This is the hidden content, please
by Kristian Sjulond (Tompkins HS 2018) which occured this past weekend during the Shooting Stars championship run at the AAU Regional Qualifier held in San Antonio.

Edited by Dick Vitale
correction

17 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

Because I'm reading on sports websites that he is attending West Brook, yet people on here insist he is still at HJ. I'm just asking...Anything wrong with that?

OTHER NEWS!
I wish I had footage of the Vince Carter like dunk by the very talented Elijah Parquet (Beaumont Westbrook HS 2018) converted right over the top of Tristian Ikpe (Deer Park HS 2018) but this one is nearly as good.  Check out

This is the hidden content, please
by Kristian Sjulond (Tompkins HS 2018) which occured this past weekend during the Shooting Stars championship run at the AAU Regional Qualifier held in San Antonio.

Curious myself.

Jim normally knows what he is talking about before he allows it on his site.

32 minutes ago, Team Game said:

smh....Enough. This problem is not ours. It is the parents and kids. They have to be ready to accept any consequences for their actions. 

Why would there be ANY consequences for a parent deciding to move THEIR kid to another school? YOU PEOPLE DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THESE KIDS! So I ask...were there any consequences for the kid you guys got from Beaumont a few years ago? What about when you THOUGHT you would have Jalen Sneed for next year? We ALL know he will go back to Beaumont and attend West Brook now, because that IS where his dad played, right? So again I ask....Why are there no "consequences " when kids transfer TO Hardin Jefferson? Smh...Don't worry....I'll wait....

Why do you come on this board and ask questions?. All you do is turn around and tell everyone that you already know it all so why ask?. Ive never seen someone who just looks like theyre starving to argue so they can try and convince people how much they know.. If you know so much quit asking and arguing.. Youre gonna bark up the wrong tree one day and get outted on this board with some real truth.

4 minutes ago, BmtPanther34 said:

Why do you come on this board and ask questions?. All you do is turn around and tell everyone that you already know it all so why ask?. Ive never seen someone who just looks like theyre starving to argue so they can try and convince people how much they know.. If you know so much quit asking and arguing.. Youre gonna bark up the wrong tree one day and get outted on this board with some real truth.

Outted? Please!...I have been on here since the board started, and everyone on here knows who I am. I don't hide behind a screen name, nor do I drag down coaches or players. I keep my discussions to a minimum and would not EVER say that I know it all.  I am asking some rhetorical questions yes, but I am not antagonizing anyone on here...Truth? Some of you on here would not recognize the truth if it smacked you in the head! EVERY ONE of my career ups and downs have been talked about on this board for all to see! Some true things, lots of untruths, but I am very transparent about who I am on here and everywhere else that I go. So if you think you would like to hit me with your truth about me, go right ahead. I'm not afraid of the truth. SMH....How can me asking a question, start an argument? Isn't that what this board is for? Discussion?

I posted this on a similar thread about this same subject, amazing how it works here also.

Just my $ 0.02 but I would rather play with a Varsity team full of freshman than play with ONE kid that does not want to be on the floor with your team or would rather be playing for someone else. 

I am not pointing fingers at any kid and I by no means want this statement to be seen as a knock on the kid, parent, or teams involved. The fact is that if they think leaving is the better choice or move for them then guess what it probably is, because the chances are if they don't leave I am not sure they would give 100% to a team if they would rather have been somewhere else. And that goes for any kid, any sport, at any school.

I have been at HJ for about 9 years now, I have 4 boys spread throughout the system from grades 1-12, being active with the booster club and knowing the coaches as well as players that have transferred to our school I can honestly say I do not know of one that has been "recruited". Sure, any coach at any school would accept a great athletic transfer with open arms, you would be a fool not to. I myself have been guilty of telling many of my friend's kids how awesome they would look in HJ red and blue (is this recruiting?). In the long run our coaches as well as yours are going to make the best of what they have on the floor that year and if you want my honest opinion I would be willing to bet that 85% of transfers are PARENT initiated not student and surely not coach. 

2 minutes ago, MoFo said:

I have been at HJ for about 9 years now, I have 4 boys spread throughout the system from grades 1-12, being active with the booster club and knowing the coaches as well as players that have transferred to our school I can honestly say I do not know of one that has been "recruited". Sure, any coach at any school would accept a great athletic transfer with open arms, you would be a fool not to. I myself have been guilty of telling many of my friend's kids how awesome they would look in HJ red and blue. In the long run our coaches as well as yours are going to make the best of what they have on the floor that year and if you want my honest opinion I would be willing to bet that 85% of transfers are PARENT initiated not student and surely not coach. 

I don't dispute this at all...it does happen like that at good programs all of the time. Recruiting would not be necessary. I agree.

Also just to add this newsflash to the topic, these kids that are getting transferred because mom and/or dad are not happy with the role the coach is giving them are more than likely NOT going to be happy with the role they get at the school they transfer to either. 

These kids usually tend to follow a pattern leave little league or little dribblers because it is not all about their kid, transfer from one AAU team to another because it is not all about their kid, then they go bouncing from one high school to another only to find out once again it is not all about their kid. The insanity usually stops after that because no college coach is going to put up with the BS of a parent trying to tell them how to do their job and the kid ends up not playing anywhere despite how talented they are

Before this gets blown out of proportion I am not directing this at this kid. We have all seen this pattern and I will lay you odds those that have seen it will vouch for this statement as 100% accurate

DV I think you are misinterpreting what some are saying. Let the kid go. No one owns him. However, there are rules that sometime cause consequences that not you or anyone else decides. The district committee has the right to look at EVERY transfer and with Boutte coming in to the district I can assure the coaches in that district are going to their super intendents who sit on the district committee to watch all of these very closely. They are not going to sit back and watch kids transfer in to play for Boutte just because they want to play for him. They want to win too. 

19 minutes ago, MoFo said:

Also just to add this newsflash to the topic, these kids that are getting transferred because mom and/or dad are not happy with the role the coach is giving them are more than likely NOT going to be happy with the role they get at the school they transfer to either. 

These kids usually tend to follow a pattern leave little league or little dribblers because it is not all about their kid, transfer from one AAU team to another because it is not all about their kid, then they go bouncing from one high school to another only to find out once again it is not all about their kid. The insanity usually stops after that because no college coach is going to put up with the BS of a parent trying to tell them how to do their job and the kid ends up not playing anywhere despite how talented they are

I will lay you odds those that have seen it will vouch for this statement as 100% accurate

110% correct!

24 minutes ago, Drango1 said:

DV I think you are misinterpreting what some are saying. Let the kid go. No one owns him. However, there are rules that sometime cause consequences that not you or anyone else decides. The district committee has the right to look at EVERY transfer and with Boutte coming in to the district I can assure the coaches in that district are going to their super intendents who sit on the district committee to watch all of these very closely. They are not going to sit back and watch kids transfer in to play for Boutte just because they want to play for him. They want to win too. 

Why would they look at Boutte though? He hasn't and won't recruit any player...That's an unfair assumption, don't you think? Would they look at Todd Sutherland that close? Just asking....

In my opinion they will look closely at transfers there that are for athletic purposes because just what you have said. Who wouldn't want to play for a hall of fame coach. And yes I believe if other coaches in Coach Sutherlands district thought there was a kid that moved there just to play for him they would speak up and an invesigation would occur. 

Recruiting is not what makes you ineligeble. Moving for an athletic purpose would. Moving to play for Coach Boutte would be a violation lf rules. I am not saying that is what is occurring however if that were the case that would be against the rules. 

2 hours ago, MoFo said:

I have been at HJ for about 9 years now, I have 4 boys spread throughout the system from grades 1-12, being active with the booster club and knowing the coaches as well as players that have transferred to our school I can honestly say I do not know of one that has been "recruited". Sure, any coach at any school would accept a great athletic transfer with open arms, you would be a fool not to. I myself have been guilty of telling many of my friend's kids how awesome they would look in HJ red and blue (is this recruiting?). In the long run our coaches as well as yours are going to make the best of what they have on the floor that year and if you want my honest opinion I would be willing to bet that 85% of transfers are PARENT initiated not student and surely not coach. 

Hmmm!! And you are a booster club member too!!!!!!! The NCAA would feast on guts like you in a collegiate environment. :)

1 hour ago, Dick Vitale said:

Why would they look at Boutte though? He hasn't and won't recruit any player...That's an unfair assumption, don't you think? Would they look at Todd Sutherland that close? Just asking....

When Coach Sutherland was at HJ, Silsbee questioned a player and it did go before the committee...Yes, it does happen in other districts. This situation isn't being questioned because of anything special. It happens here, in other districts and across the state. This is not an isolated situation. 

Tre Baldwin from WOS had to go through this when transferring before his Senior year (and he moved with a parent and it was approved). Get over yourself and stop thinking that people are trying to prevent this because they or the district "own" him. It is simply rules set up by the UIL. 

2 minutes ago, Team Game said:

When Coach Sutherland was at HJ, Silsbee questioned a player and it did go before the committee...Yes, it does happen in other districts. This situation isn't being questioned because of anything special. It happens here, in other districts and across the state. This is not an isolated situation. 

Tre Baldwin from WOS had to go through this when transferring before his Senior year (and he moved with a parent and it was approved). Get over yourself and stop thinking that people are trying to prevent this because they or the district "own" him. It is simply rules set up by the UIL. 

So now I ask....Were there any "consequences" as you are suggesting should happen in this particular case?

54 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

So now I ask....Were there any "consequences" as you are suggesting should happen in this particular case?

Both of the cases mentioned were reviewed and ruled no problem. That may happen in the situation you have mentioned. But, I do believe the Hunter boys had to sit out of Varsity for a year. And when football players went to Kountze from HJ, they were not allowed to play Varsity either. My point is, this is not an isolated issue and it isn't because as you keep saying, people think they "own" a kid or the rights to their ability. It is simply a process of following the rules and accepting any and all POSSIBLE consequences.

1 hour ago, Dick Vitale said:

I am not suggesting anything...I am simply providing examples where there have been and haven't been consequences. It isn't up to me, you, the parents, the kids or the coaches to decide if there is a question. It is up to the committee to investigate and make a decision.

1 hour ago, Team Game said:

I am not suggesting anything...I am simply providing examples where there have been and haven't been consequences. It isn't up to me, you, the parents, the kids or the coaches to decide if there is a question. It is up to the committee to investigate and make a decision.

Amen!

1 hour ago, Team Game said:

Both of the cases mentioned were reviewed and ruled no problem. That may happen in the situation you have mentioned. But, I do believe the Hunter boys had to sit out of Varsity for a year. And when football players went to Kountze from HJ, they were not allowed to play Varsity either. My point is, this is not an isolated issue and it isn't because as you keep saying, people think they "own" a kid or the rights to their ability. It is simply a process of following the rules and accepting any and all POSSIBLE consequences.

Exactly!!