Elijah Parquet (West Brook 2018)

18 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Main difference is the Dove can jump and I cannot.  Additionally, he has played real basketball and I have not.  And, of course, he is much more conversant with the development of communication programs than I am.

But you have more hair.  That has to count for something...

• 2 months later...

Does this have any truth?

RcsSports:
Speaking of eligibility issues, the leaves on the trees are whispering the glass is appearing to be closer to half empty in regards to former Hardin Jefferson HS star Elijah Parquet suiting up on varsity at Beaumont Westbrook this season.   The reason would be a result of his transfer possibly being contested by at least one coach in the district as “a move for basketball purposes”. 

4 minutes ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Does this have any truth?

RcsSports:
Speaking of eligibility issues, the leaves on the trees are whispering the glass is appearing to be closer to half empty in regards to former Hardin Jefferson HS star Elijah Parquet suiting up on varsity at Beaumont Westbrook this season.   The reason would be a result of his transfer possibly being contested by at least one coach in the district as “a move for basketball purposes”. 

Figured a coach or two would take issue with this transfer.

45 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Residency rules are strict. Even if your parent works at a school and they are out of residency, the decision usually goes against you

Unless you are moving from a private school. Dotson is moving from Kelly to Ozen this year. His dad just took a coaching job with Ozen. Pretty sure he wont have to sit a year.

• 2 months later...

I'm entering the conversation slightly late but I feel that I have valuable info on Eli's transfer. I can say with full confidence that there were multiple reasons outside of basketball that caused him to transfer from HJ to WB, and as a former teammate and acquaintance, I can tell you that he was not incorrect in his move, even if one shall consider it a move for "athletic purposes." The fact of the matter is, there was no one factor that led to his transfer, and therefore, as a talented young athlete who gives 100% effort on the court and does it all for his love of the game, he should be permitted to play varsity basketball for his final two years in high school. Although school ball may not greatly impact his recruitment, it is still a motivational piece to put on a jersey and know that you represent not only the kids in that school, but also an entire community. 

9 hours ago, the409 said:

I'm entering the conversation slightly late but I feel that I have valuable info on Eli's transfer. I can say with full confidence that there were multiple reasons outside of basketball that caused him to transfer from HJ to WB, and as a former teammate and acquaintance, I can tell you that he was not incorrect in his move, even if one shall consider it a move for "athletic purposes." The fact of the matter is, there was no one factor that led to his transfer, and therefore, as a talented young athlete who gives 100% effort on the court and does it all for his love of the game, he should be permitted to play varsity basketball for his final two years in high school. Although school ball may not greatly impact his recruitment, it is still a motivational piece to put on a jersey and know that you represent not only the kids in that school, but also an entire community. 

So it wasn't sports related?