Elijah Parquet (West Brook 2018)

8 minutes ago, no-look said:

So it wasn't sports related?

I don't feel as if it's my responsibility to determine that and I do not want to endanger his chance to play high school basketball so I'm not going to answer that at the moment. I will, however, add a move back to HJ is not an option for Parquet.

48 minutes ago, the409 said:

I don't feel as if it's my responsibility to determine that and I do not want to endanger his chance to play high school basketball so I'm not going to answer that at the moment. I will, however, add a move back to HJ is not an option for Parquet.

I am sure it isn't. Those bridges are probably already burnt.

24 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

It's not a matter of playing high school ball. The DEC will allow him that opportunity to play at Westbrook High. That's the same area district that didn't allow a coach's son to play varsity transferring into his junior year. Ya gotta read & understand the rules.

Yes, of course. I'm not arguing either way when it comes to the decision that is to be made. Rules are rules and we understand why they are in place. As with any rule, however, there should be an elasticity that allows the rule to be broken in certain cases. Parquet is fully deserving to play varsity basketball for WBHS. The decision that is made is the decision that is made, though, and I will not contest it. I was just simply trying to add information that had not yet been presented to the thread.

Gentlemen, when I pruned this very thread this spring, it was in hopes that folks would leave the discussion on the why's and how's of this transfer to the 22-6A DEC as that is the appropriate body to discuss this, not this forum.  Unfortunately, that does not appear to be the case. Thus, it seems the only way to stem the tide is to close this thread.