How is Silsbee's off-season progressing?

25 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Lil C going to Silsbee isn't an all go.  There was a pending coaching situation thst wouldve swayed his decision.  But that situation never happened so he'll remain at Ozen....

Soulja I talked to Lil C myself trust me he's going to Silsbee it's a done deal

11 hours ago, ozensfinest said:

I know Lil C and he wants a big offer I know and talk to him often...don't help your chances by going play in a lower classification and playing against orangefield, HF, etc every week. Especially under a new HC & new offense etc.

If he comes to Silsbee he won't be playing Orangefield, HF, etc every week. He will have every bit as of a competitive schedule as any team in SETX. 

1 minute ago, STiger85 said:

I know Lil C and he wants a big offer I know and talk to him often...don't help your chances by going play in a lower classification and playing against orangefield, HF, etc every week. Especially under a new HC & new offense etc.

No OF or HF on schedule.

PN-G

Newton

Jasper

WO-S

Alvin Shadow Creek

LC-M

Navasota

Bridge City

Huffman

Cleveland

1 minute ago, RayJr said:

My cousin just graduated from San Jac, as a Sr. at New Caney HS. That's great to hear Silsbee is offering this type of program, like some others in SE Texas or should I say greater Houston area.

Sounds like the same or a very similar program. This one is thru LIT I believe. 

Actually, Silsbee just got approved for a program that will allow a student to graduate with 60 hrs of college for free. 

There are many schools in SE Texas where students can earn college credits prior to graduation.  Now if your claim is accurate you are saying that a kid can earn TWO years worth of college credits in high school? (60 hours at 15 hours per semester)  Every kid has to complete 16 core courses at a minimum in high school and then they can use their elective slots for on line college hours but elective slots become somewhat limited when you have an athletic period or a band period that a child wants to be in to participate. Simple math on a 7 period day says 4 classes for four years are dedicated to core courses leaving 3 periods per day for electives.. Of those 3 periods, assume one is used for extra curricular.  The very best case scenario is that 2 periods a day are left for college courses (and that is if the district doesnt have locally required electives like Health and Communications).  So realistically a kid might earn 24 college hours at the very maximum and that is if they started their 9th grade year (not a lot of 9th graders ready to handle college coursework).  Regardless, lots of high schools in this area have that opportunity available.

3 minutes ago, BmtPanther34 said:

Actually, Silsbee just got approved for a program that will allow a student to graduate with 60 hrs of college for free. 

There are many schools in SE Texas where students can earn college credits prior to graduation.  Now if your claim is accurate you are saying that a kid can earn TWO years worth of college credits in high school? (60 hours at 15 hours per semester)  Every kid has to complete 16 core courses at a minimum in high school and then they can use their elective slots for on line college hours but elective slots become somewhat limited when you have an athletic period or a band period that a child wants to be in to participate. Simple math on a 7 period day says 4 classes for four years are dedicated to core courses leaving 3 periods per day for electives.. Of those 3 periods, assume one is used for extra curricular.  The very best case scenario is that 2 periods a day are left for college courses (and that is if the district doesnt have locally required electives like Health and Communications).  So realistically a kid might earn 24 college hours at the very maximum and that is if they started their 9th grade year (not a lot of 9th graders ready to handle college coursework).  Regardless, lots of high schools in this area have that opportunity available.

Here is the article. Read it for yourself:

This is the hidden content, please

2 minutes ago, BmtPanther34 said:

You are correct for other schools. Silsbee is the only school in this area with this new program. Students can have 60 hrs when they graduate. They start this program as freshmen. Begin preparing for it in the 8th grade.....but this is WAY off topic. 

Lol exactly he's already got the big offers he's not trying to get them still...but if I'm trying to get big offers I'm not  going play in a smaller classification you think more scouts are showing up in SIlsbee or Beaumont? Point exactly....

I'm pretty sure this young man, if he comes to Silsbee, will get just as many looks in Silsbee as where he came from.

Lil C. is an awesome athlete and one of the best RB in the entire houston area  but IMO so is Adonis Thomas! Lil C is going to be a great asset to the team but its not guaranteed he will be the starter or get as many touches as he would at ozen.  But this would be the best backfield in the state if we use a two back system more. Jones Thomas and Tyler would be hard to top!!!

key words being "up to 60 hours"

not knocking the program anything to help kids move beyond a high school diploma is a good thing 

also what makes it the first is the partnership with LIT

there are plenty of school where college hours can be obtained that transfer to any college

unless you plan on getting a degree from LIT then there is no guarantee all those hours will transfer to the school the graduate may want to attend