Dallas Lincoln 75 Silsbee 72/Final

On the officiating, I never complain about it so long as it's consistent.  And in this game, it was consistent.  It's just it was consistent one way in one half, and a different way in the other.  Which is strange..sometimes this occurs when someone has some "advice" for a crew at intermission, especially if a supervisor is on hand.  

I don't think you can blame this loss on officiating anymore than you can blame it on Devon getting hurt.  The truth is you can almost never say for certain what would happen with a changed variable.  However, we do know that Silsbee could have won this game if they had capitalized more on opportunities (point blank range shots and FTs), if they hadn't been so tight in the first half (jitters, officiating, or whatever), etc.  

Bottom line is this was a great season and I highly doubt it will be the last trip the Tigers make to State in the next few years.  And next time they will have experienced it and be better for it.  I know, I know, I'm making crazy predictions again.  Just like I said they wouldn't lose more than 3 district games in 5 years (they've lost 1 in 2 years so far) or that a couple of junior high kids would have a significant impact on varsity as freshmen.  

Hold your heads high Tigers.  Keep working and you may get fitted for those rings yet.  And to Tre, Dontre, Ricky, and Big Luke, it's been an absolute pleasure watching you guys play, even when you were dishing out beatings to my team.  To the very end, you guys were champions in my book...

2 minutes ago, Lazeek said:

I tell you what.  I will bring $1800 cash, you bring $1800 cash and we both give it to AggiesAreWe to hold.  He can broadcast our match here on SETX.  Will be the biggest audience of the year.

I don't think you or Mike could make that good radio ;)

I can't say I have heard anything about a ref being a Lincoln dad I did hear one was a Huntington players dad. I can't say I saw anything to have a big problem about.  I saw a couple charges I didn't agree with and a block call that I thought was more of a charge than many that were called. I did see a couple times I thought a double dribble or walk should have been called.  If there was some tie to a Lincoln player which would surprise me then a lot of investigating should be done.

as far as the talk of our style of play, sure it sets you up to be beat by a certain type of team.  Any style of play sets itself up to be beaten by someone really good at an opposite for lack of a better word style.  But we sure must be one of if not the best at playing our style.  And of course teams good at different styles have advantages that's why you have to dictate yours.

As far as our half court offense, this year the 3 ball was an awful big part of it.   I saw games where we made 18  and 14. Many with 7 or 8. In the playoffs that didn't happen .  Maybe better defenses, maybe shooting in the big arenas the last four games, whatever the reason they didn't fall. It's no secret that's not our strongest point. I know it has been worked on, but our guys like to go. So do what you do best and we did all the way to a 3 pt loss in the state tournament.  

You can say what you want about Lincoln's second half.  Fact is the Tigers took advantage played like we played, made Lincoln lose its composure for a while and came within 3 pts of winning a state title.  How many other teams in the state did that?  Hats off Tigers,. Keep doing what you do and get even better!! 

I usually watch 1 or 2 Silsbee games a year when they get close to Houston.  The season before I didn't see any Silsbee games.  Then when this season started & I saw where they were ranked # 1 in 4A I knew I had to see what this is all about.  I went to their game in Houston against Bellaire back in November, the day after thanksgiving.  Maze & Adams were raining 3s.  The last Silsbee team I had seen could not shoot, so I was impressed.  Maze hit like 3 3s in a row and took the lead, I said wow, I like that.  Then I saw this pt guard, Devon drive down the side of the key like a blur, and put some wicked english on the ball and it curled around the rim three times and went in.   I knew then that the ranking was legit.

I saw 4 more games during the season.  i made a lot of comments. I was really hoping they could win it all.  They had a very nice run though.  Gonna miss the seniors big time.  That's high school basketball though. Sooner or later somebody will step up and make us forget.  I still haven't seen the play where Devon got hurt.  I am glad to hear his injury was not as bad as it could of been. Easy for me to say.  Dude plays with a lot of heart and passion, 100 percent.  

20 minutes ago, Mr.Green Jeans said:

Great season Tigers keep your heads up high.  After watching the championship game and looking to next year I truly believe Silsbee's greatest chance of winning a state championship will be on the football field.

Now that would be something.  Win state in football and basketball.  

Great season Tigers.  Like most everyone else, expect you to be there again next year!

13 minutes ago, Dick Vitale said:

My opinion....with Yates and the other Dallas schools dropping into 4A next season, I think the window for Silsbee to win one has gotten smaller.  Not that they CAN'T win it next year, but it's going to be a bit tougher.

I thought it was just Yates dropping to 4A? With Dallas Madison, Lamarque, and Triple A moving to 3A? Silsbee will have a better team next season. 

20 hours ago, MOSSHILL said:

What did the conversation consist of, is it public friendly? Ha

At the beginning of the season I was just blowing hot air about Dallas Lincoln winning it all. Very lucky pick on my part, A LOT of pieces had to fall into place for this one. Shocked they beat Silsbee.

Just now, bradyb said:

I thought it was just Yates dropping to 4A? With Dallas Madison, Lamarque, and Triple A moving to 3A? Silsbee will have a better team next season. 

Actually you may be right. I saw where the schools were DROPPING to 3A and I forgot that 3A is now 4A. The only changes of any significance in 4A is Yates and Dallas Carter dropping down. I still think that THIS year the window was greater for them to finally win one though.  I expect them to have another great year next season, however.

Dallas Carter was always 4a they should have beat dallas lincoln but lincoln beat them on a last second shot 67-66 if silsbee can get past yates as well as anybody else they have to play but we know the showdown is with yates then they could win it all silsbee is losing 4 really good seniors but gaining some very special players that will be at silsbee next year.

10 hours ago, Lazeek said:

I tell you what.  I will bring $1800 cash, you bring $1800 cash and we both give it to AggiesAreWe to hold.  He can broadcast our match here on SETX.  Will be the biggest audience of the year.

If he don't show, can I be an alternate? Lol

21 hours ago, Lazeek said:

I'll play you for $1.00 a hole sometime.  I can afford to lose 15 or 16 bucks