Kountze 124 Deweyville 38/Final

WOSgrad

24 minutes ago, bulldog16 said:

Last time I checked there was no shot clock in HS basketball.  Hold the ball.

That's not the problem. They stayed up tempo and Deweyville like most teams in and around southeast Texas below 4a do not have players with enough basketball iQ to beat the pressure, therefore causing a ridiculous amount of turnovers. Kountze much like Silsbee will lose to a team in the playoffs that moves the ball well -see Big Sandy (in whom destroyed Ktz 2-3 times this year) because that's all it takes to beat teams like this who live off pressure and fast-break points.

6 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

That's not the problem. They stayed up tempo and Deweyville like most teams in and around southeast Texas below 4a do not have players with enough basketball iQ to beat the pressure, therefore causing a ridiculous amount of turnovers. Kountze much like Silsbee will lose to a team in the playoffs that moves the ball well -see Big Sandy (in whom destroyed Ktz 2-3 times this year) because that's all it takes to beat teams like this who live off pressure and fast-break points.

Kountze played Big Sandy just 1 time this year. Lost 74-56.

43 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

point being really is that Silsbee and Kountze will both be eliminated by teams that slow the pace down and have great ball movement

The only real threat I see for Kountze in Region 3 is East Chambers. Central Heights is also capable of slowing the ball down and beat Kountze twice a few years ago.

4 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

I agree..but I doubt you and I are talking about the same "them".  Only reason the score got like this was because DEWEYVILLE let this score get out of hand.  Kountze didn't run it up...Dville just didn't stop it.

look, i honestly don't have a problem with a result, but when Arnold scores 23 in the 2nd half of a game they were leading by 32 at the break, with 8 of those coming in the 4th quarter (which they entered leading by SIXTY), i'm not going to blame Deweyville for letting the score get out of hand.  This isn't the NFL.  These kids aren't getting paid to play, and i'm not going to blame them for getting slaughtered by an infinitely superior squad, especially when that squad plays their best player deep into the 4th quarter of a game that was over after the 1st quarter.  The only way Deweyville was going to stop Arnold was to hurt him, and frankly i'm a bit surprised that he wasn't pulled early for precisely this reason.  

20 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

look, i honestly don't have a problem with a result, but when Arnold scores 23 in the 2nd half of a game they were leading by 32 at the break, with 8 of those coming in the 4th quarter (which they entered leading by SIXTY), i'm not going to blame Deweyville for letting the score get out of hand.  This isn't the NFL.  These kids aren't getting paid to play, and i'm not going to blame them for getting slaughtered by an infinitely superior squad, especially when that squad plays their best player deep into the 4th quarter of a game that was over after the 1st quarter.  The only way Deweyville was going to stop Arnold was to hurt him, and frankly i'm a bit surprised that he wasn't pulled early for precisely this reason.  

Did Kountze press from start to finish?  If so..Dville could've spent more time last couple weeks with press offense, or pressure passing.  I know you can't simulate it without that type of athleticism...but chances are they didn't press the entire game.  In fact..I would bet that they didn't press much (if any) after halftime.  Which tells me one or 2 things...A) You can burn up a surprising amount of clock by using your full 10 seconds you have in the backcourt.  That's assuming Kountze is stealing it as soon as you cross the 10 second line. B) When Kountze got out of their pressure defense at whatever point...Dville could've held on to the ball a little longer before attempting a score...or even getting close to attempting to score..  But in reality...it's probably better to lose 124-38 than 80-10.  I mean..what's the difference.  But don't give me this or that about running the score up.  If that's your style Kountze...play on.  But yes I think it will eventually hurt them when they play a team that can handle pressure.

15 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

You're right. Coach should've taken him out after he surpassed his career high of 43 points on Sr. night.

I scored over 40 points several times in high school..and each time I only played about half the game.  But none were on my last home game..I would've loved to have a career night last home game.  Coach left him in?  Who cares...