Navasota board surprisingly opts not to extend Fedora's contract

Pepper Brooks

1 hour ago, Scatright said:

There has to be more to this story. I wonder what has been going on behind the scenes?

Oh there's definitely more to the story..  Like a couple of board members have kids that weren't starters maybe?  I would not be surprised at all if this was the case.

I officially want Navasota to win the title this next year and then he give everyone a 2 handed salute  ..I.. :) ..I.. on his way out the door.  He won't have any issue at all finding a good job. 

43 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Oh there's definitely more to the story..  Like a couple of board members have kids that weren't starters maybe?  I would not be surprised at all if this was the case.

I officially want Navasota to win the title this next year and then he give everyone a 2 handed salute  ..I.. :) ..I.. on his way out the door.  He won't have any issue at all finding a good job.

That would serve them justice..  Then they will fall back to just another program.

He won't have a hard time finding a job that is for sure.  Maybe he will get the last laugh and leave in May and leave them scrambling.

18 minutes ago, One4All said:

Its not extremely hard to coach athletes.......

My thoughts as well. I'm sure Fedora is a very good coach, but Navasota is loaded also. Also, I'll bet there is lots to this story that folks don't know. I'd think he's reached a level by now, that someone upset over playing time, wouldn't be able to have him non-renewed.

7 minutes ago, dayton said:

My thoughts as well. I'm sure Fedora is a very good coach, but Navasota is loaded also. Also, I'll bet there is lots to this story that folks don't know. I'd think he's reached a level by now, that someone upset over playing time, wouldn't be able to have him non-renewed.

Agree to disagree.  

One would certainly hope not...especially at a school this size.  But don't kid yourself...upset board members and community members are the cause of contract renewals every year.

39 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Agree to disagree.  

One would certainly hope not...especially at a school this size.  But don't kid yourself...upset board members and community members are the cause of contract renewals every year.

Bingo

Example : Larry Haynes -Lumberton

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Agree to disagree.  

understood. But Haynes hadn't won multiple state titles in the past few years either. 

9 minutes ago, dayton said:

understood. But Haynes hadn't won multiple state titles in the past few years either. 

14 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

great read. I like the sup's response - wait ? what? you guys blind sided me on this one. LOL

those board members better get right or they'll be serving their last time for sure. That community is STIRRRRRRR'd up big time.

2 hours ago, One4All said:

Its not extremely hard to coach athletes.......

Are you serious?  It's not exactly easy either!  It's his ability to get the most out of the athletes, teach them the game, and have a better x's and o's mind than the guy on the other sideline.  The Fedora family has proven to do all of that.

"Its not extremely hard to coach athletes....."

For some it proves to be very hard..  Kenny Harrison and Toby Foreman say HI.  Look at Kirbyville before Jack Alvarez.  Did the athletes magically show up when he got the job?

31 minutes ago, Pepper Brooks said:

More info   

This is the hidden content, please

54-3 over the last 4 seasons.....and 109-30 in 10 years....

I don't see how any single person on this planet can coach.  If those numbers aren't enough to get a renewal then nothing is.  Those board members are fools...this has personal agenda written all over it.  5 admin recommendations and the Head Football Coach is only one that didn't go thru...?  Yeah...Navasota got the POPS (pissed off parent syndrome)