SETXsports REALIGNMENT SPECIAL/MONDAY AT 8:45 AM!

WOSgrad

Westbrook and SA Central got hosed the most this time. Driving to Conroe is one thing, but if they make the playoffs in any sport their opponents are going to be from either Rockwall, Tyler, or Longview. The first round for everything other than football is on a Tuesday night and there aren't many places in the middle. I have had one of those 4 hour first round games and they are not fun. Houston to DFW should never be bi-district opponents.

High Island to Union Hill is a long way as well, but that was what everyone was thinking.

4 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

You won't get a warning for that one.  In fact, you are correct that the comments are playing into stereotypes which do no good for anyone, have been repeatedly disproven and leads to other stereotypes that are just as offensive.

Wow. As much as it hurts me to say it, I agree with you and BroncoPride. Don't expect that too often. 

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

Wow. As much as it hurts me to say it, I agree with you and BroncoPride. Don't expect that too often. 

What in the world are you talking about?

Let me get some of your Crosby coaching staff on the phone. You have a problem reading my posts or comprehending them?

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

You won't get a warning for that one.  In fact, you are correct that the comments are playing into stereotypes which do no good for anyone, have been repeatedly disproven and leads to other stereotypes that are just as offensive.

You are saying my comments were stereotypical ? I don't believe you are saying that. Please tell me you were not saying that.

3 hours ago, MOSSHILL said:

Yeah, I'm not saying there is not a rare situation where it works. Maybe that's coaching, and maybe that's exceptional athletes. Make notice (The towns listed have YEARS AND YEARS of winning tradition.  I've just seen it where it's overwhelmingly important on multiple levels, in all classifications to benefit those who are diverse.  I didn't say athletes is all you need, but it certainly helps, LOL. Splendora is slow, white and not even wanting to diversify. They need to move on with the times as their population increases and will continue to do so. New Caney has made adjustments, and will continue to get better. Humble does have decent athletes but have NO discipline and poor coaching in comparison to the rest of the district. BH has had good coaching (exception HORRIBLE OFFENSE)but  with a winning expectation. Ask Bobby what I'm talking about. We've had this conversation many many times. I'm wanting some apartments built on Hwy 146 as you come into Hardin to help. So, if anybody wants to help fund this project. PLEASE feel free to get it going.

How do you want to diversify ? So building apartments will help bring in none white athletes ? Did anybody mention Friendswood -  you might want to lay off the Cougar 14.2 juice .

34 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

What in the world are you talking about?

Let me get some of your Crosby coaching staff on the phone. You have a problem reading my posts or comprehending them?

I don't have a problem comprehending anything. You said that school was too white to win. I believe several people understood exactly what kind of ignorance you meant. Call whoever you want. If you need their number let me know. 

50 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

How do you want to diversify ? So building apartments will help bring in none white athletes ? Did anybody mention Friendswood -  you might want to lay off the Cougar 14.2 juice .

I have no idea what I am talking about. I'll tell Jerry he's an idiot, too. LOL

45 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I don't have a problem comprehending anything. You said that school was too white to win. I believe several people understood exactly what kind of ignorance you meant. Call whoever you want. If you need their number let me know. 

I don't need their numbers, pimpin'. They message me. And if it makes you feel better, I said they were too SLOW, and white. Put emphasis on slow. Being a former pocket QB, I know all about being slow and white.....So when I see something opposite, I notice. But once again I don't know what I am talking about. I need to golf more with Stew and pick his brain, because apparently everything he's told me in which ( I already knew and believed to be true anyway) is false in some of your guys eyes. LOL But, it's all good - Me and Lil Tex will keep on supporting the entire SE texas region as we do every year in football, unlike most of you clowns.

9 minutes ago, MOSSHILL said:

They tryin' to run me off this site, like BG ;) 

That's funny, BG is currently a staff member with full privileges.  Any absence on his part is self-imposed.

But as I always do, I will call it like I see it.  I found that in life accuracy and tact are usually mutually exclusive ideals...and I choose accuracy.

Just now, WOSgrad said:

That's funny, BG is currently a staff member with full privileges.  Any absence on his part is self-imposed.

But as I always do, I will call it like I see it.  I found that in life accuracy and tact are usually mutually exclusive ideals...and I choose accuracy.

I'm sure I know BG is a staff member with full privileges. Come on guys. Let be real

13 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Cougar 14.2 juice? You look SAF trying to make a connotation towards me for a post a different member made. I read what he said and chose not to comment on it, but I do understand the inference he's trying to make. The wording probably should've been more tactful(which is weird because I'm totally sure you're against being pc) as not to offend anybody though.

Just like I always tell Bronco Pride, it's a heck of a lot easier to find athletes than it is to find money, find a great coach and build a championship type program all at the same time or within a short span of each other. Nobody probably mentioned Friendswood because they're 12-23 against their old district mates like La Marque, Manvel and Dawson who all do it the way Moss was referring to.

It's a lot easier to win like the Dayton teams did under Stew than to try to copy Lake Travis' formula. So while Moss' apartment comment was stereotypical and uncouth, I do agree with the gist of what he was saying. All you had to do was look at most of the title games this past season.    

59 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Cougar 14.2 juice? You look SAF trying to make a connotation towards me for a post a different member made. I read what he said and chose not to comment on it, but I do understand the inference he's trying to make. The wording probably should've been more tactful(which is weird because I'm totally sure you're against being pc) as not to offend anybody though.

Just like I always tell Bronco Pride, it's a heck of a lot easier to find athletes than it is to find money, find a great coach and build a championship type program all at the same time or within a short span of each other. Nobody probably mentioned Friendswood because they're 12-23 against their old district mates like La Marque, Manvel and Dawson who all do it the way Moss was referring to.

It's a lot easier to win like the Dayton teams did under Stew than to try to copy Lake Travis' formula. So while Moss' apartment comment was stereotypical and uncouth, I do agree with the gist of what he was saying. All you had to do was look at most of the title games this past season.    

If your going to bring up LM please don't leave out Stephenville. Please don't bring up Friendswood because Dayton hasn't beat them in 20+ years and it brings back bad memories. I haven't looked it up but I'm curious what Friendswoods record is against Manvel and Dawson. I know they went to back to back semis and just like everyone else got drummed by LT. Never mind just looked Friendswood has a winning record against Manvel and Dawson. 

30 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Appreciate you cleaning that up for me, 14.2 . I never intended the apartment comment to offend anyone, and for that I apologize.  We lack rental property in Hardin and have ZERO apartment complexes and maybe I took it for granted that folk on this site knew that. Lookin back at my posts, I can see how that may have caused some heads to turn, but you got to understand a man's passion for diversity. I'm tired of doing things the country bumpkin way. I'm looking for resources, athletes, new methods and one of the things told to me over the last couple of years was, #1 in order to even acquire any more "athletes" somebody better get to building a rental facility. I hear a lot of people say things like this to me face to face (many on this site), but when it comes to comments on a message board, some folk on here that don't know where I am coming from will quickly twist my words - but those people have no idea how old and tiresome it has become getting our ass spanked on Friday nights by towns with apartment complexes and athletes. If Jerry or Jeff or a particular Crosby coach wants to get a message across, I'll message a couple of you to let you know what they are saying.

With that, I am out.

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I thought I would flush you out and dust you off a bit with a backdoor comment  " Cougar 14.2 juice" I like the sound of it kind of grows on you -  You are right Iam totally against political correctness , I probably would make less people mad if I was .

3 hours ago, bronco pride said:

If your going to bring up LM please don't leave out Stephenville. Please don't bring up Friendswood because Dayton hasn't beat them in 20+ years and it brings back bad memories. I haven't looked it up but I'm curious what Friendswoods record is against Manvel and Dawson. I know they went to back to back semis and just like everyone else got drummed by LT. Never mind just looked Friendswood has a winning record against Manvel and Dawson. 

Friendswood is 4-18 against La Marque. They're 5-4 against Dawson which was built up by winning 3 of 4 the first years Dawson had a varsity, they're 2-3 since then against Dawson and barely squeaked by them the past season in OT. It was the first season since the first year Dawson had a varsity that they hadn't at least made the third round regardless of classification. Friendswood beat Manvel the first three years they had a varsity, then proceeded to get smoked like 60-28 and won't play them anymore. I threw La Marque in because with all the money Friendswood has for whatever reason they couldn't beat those boys from the swamp with their poorly run school district and declining enrollment. Sort of like Celina couldn't beat WOS this year, or Westlake beat North Shore or Argyle beat La Vega, etc. You already know how I feel about it though.

22 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Friendswood is 4-18 against La Marque. They're 5-4 against Dawson which was built up by winning 3 of 4 the first years Dawson had a varsity, they're 2-3 since then against Dawson and barely squeaked by them the past season in OT. It was the first season since the first year Dawson had a varsity that they hadn't at least made the third round regardless of classification. Friendswood beat Manvel the first three years they had a varsity, then proceeded to get smoked like 60-28 and won't play them anymore. I threw La Marque in because with all the money Friendswood has for whatever reason they couldn't beat those boys from the swamp with their poorly run school district and declining enrollment. Sort of like Celina couldn't beat WOS this year, or Westlake beat North Shore or Argyle beat La Vega, etc. You already know how I feel about it though.

Other than the Celina game the other 2 you mentioned could have easily gone the other way. Scoreboard doesn't lie though and a win is a win. Still think if Klubnik played NS losses in regulation. Also Bryan Erwin LM head coach in the mid 2000's while blessed with talent was an excellent coach. He actually was paid more than Todd Dodge in 2005 and I still can't figure out how LM paid that with their financial issues. Funny how that coincides with their last championship in 06 I believe.

3 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

Other than the Celina game the other 2 you mentioned could have easily gone the other way. Scoreboard doesn't lie though and a win is a win. Still think if Klubnik played NS losses in regulation.

What you saw from North Shore this year was probably the most watered down version of them you'll see for the next five years. They had a linebacker playing qb, still can't catch/throw consistently in the new offense, one of the weaker o-lines they've had in a decade and no elite running back for the first time in a while . . . and STILL won state in the hardest classification of high school football in America. IDK if Klubnik really makes a difference, you still have to get open on their dbs like 5-star LSU commit Eric Monroe and avoid the rush by 4-star freaks like K'Lavon Chaisson. As far as La Vega vs Argyle, it was speed and athleticism versus pure power. Argyle is 0-2 their last two trips to the title game because Navasota and La Vega's athletes trumped Argyle's system. Giving Jon Kay NS' players was a quicker way to a title than giving him Kingwood's money, same thing with coach Tullos and GR's athletes versus maybe having Friendswood's money.