SETXsports REALIGNMENT SPECIAL/MONDAY AT 8:45 AM!

WOSgrad

24 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What you saw from North Shore this year was probably the most watered down version of them you'll see for the next five years. They had a linebacker playing qb, still can't catch/throw consistently in the new offense, one of the weaker o-lines they've had in a decade and no elite running back for the first time in a while . . . and STILL won state in the hardest classification of high school football in America. IDK if Klubnik really makes a difference, you still have to get open on their dbs like 5-star LSU commit Eric Monroe and avoid the rush by 4-star freaks like K'Lavon Chaisson. As far as La Vega vs Argyle, it was speed and athleticism versus pure power. Argyle is 0-2 their last two trips to the title game because Navasota and La Vega's athletes trumped Argyle's system. Giving Jon Kay NS' players was a quicker way to a title than giving him Kingwood's money, same thing with coach Tullos and GR's athletes versus maybe having Friendswood's money.    

I guess your idea of success exceeds mine. The teams you are talking about lost razor close games in the state championship. Argyle had 12 men on the field coming off 2 consecutive timeouts which put LeVega in position for the go ahead score. Argyle played for the title 2 years in a row which is pretty good. Westlake took a NS team to overtime without their all time leading receiver in school history. Westlake also had more yards and first downs and had a chip shot field goal to win in regulation but didn't cash in. GR had a great team with the largest enrollment in 5a and a offensive line that was the best I had seen.