#20 Hardin Jefferson vs #1 Silsbee (Hardin County Havoc 2016 Part 1)

BADSANTA

Tigers fans remember last year when HJ came in and beat us at home. It's a rivalry game and they are rarely ever blow outs. I say Silsbee 81 HJ 72. The game won't be a blow out. HJ is too well coached and has some very good talent on that team. I expect HJ to lead at the end of the 1st qtr and have the lead at halftime. Silsbee will take over in the 3rd and 4th. 

Silsbee is supposed to win this game, but they weren't supposed to lose to HJ for 6 years starting last year, and that lasted for 1 game.  HJ has Saladin and Parquet, who can play with anyone, and a couple of bigs down low that can dominate the paint.  HJ can't run with Silsbee, but they have the quality to slow it down, and run SOME with Silsbee.  I picked silsbee to win a fairly close one in this thread, and I stand by that.  I like HJs chances of winning better than Silsbee's chances of winning by 15+, as some have predicted 

10 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Silsbee is supposed to win this game, but they weren't supposed to lose to HJ for 6 years starting last year, and that lasted for 1 game.  HJ has Saladin and Parquet, who can play with anyone, and a couple of bigs down low that can dominate the paint.  HJ can't run with Silsbee, but they have the quality to slow it down, and run SOME with Silsbee.  I picked silsbee to win a fairly close one in this thread, and I stand by that.  I like HJs chances of winning better than Silsbee's chances of winning by 15+, as some have predicted 

Ditto.   I would have set the line at Silsbee as a 5-7 point fav, and only because of the nature of games and free throws seldom keeping a final score super close.  

Saladin and Parquet are as good as anyone in the game and Roberts is the best "big" in the district.   The question to me in this game is how much Silsbee's depth affects HJ.  We shall see.  I like the Tigers in a close one. 

I don't like making predictions especially on high school games that have 2 good teams with history and a rivalry like this.  I definitely feel my Tigers are the favorites but will not be surprised by anything.  This game has many variables that I am waiting on seeing how they play out.  If the Tigers shoot the long ball like they did Friday,. I could very well see a larger margin of victory as I could if HJ doesn't handle the pressure very well.   more than likely we will see another good game that can go either way.  The biggest thing I want to see my Tigers control their emotions and play hard.

From what I saw in HJ, they are turn over prone...I mean they turned the ball over against Ozen like it was HOT! I know they turned it over like 20+ times, but in their defense it was the first game after the Christmas break, but I thought then that Silsbee's pressure would really bother them....I think this will get ugly at Silsbee by the 4th....Silsbee by 17.