#20 Hardin Jefferson vs #1 Silsbee (Hardin County Havoc 2016 Part 1)

BADSANTA

10 hours ago, bradyb said:

Silsbee has extreme depth and great talent.. HJ has a great system, great coaching staff, disciplined, and will try to slow the Tigers down I'm sure. Easier said than done. 

Silsbee 84

HJ 58

I thought about the depth and talent aspect, but the overall rivalry will make this closet than it needs to be...

50 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I thought about the depth and talent aspect, but the overall rivalry will make this closet than it needs to be...

Agreed.   And there isn't a huge disparity in the first 7 or 8 from HJ and Silsbee.  I would safely bet Silsbee has more quality depth than any team they've played this year.  And 5 have beaten them.  Add the rivalry aspect of this game and this is why way more often than not, the game is decided by single digits.  

Having said that, the Hawks really need Eli healthy.  That is one huge advantage Silsbee has.  HJ doesn't have the luxury of being able to easily replace a key starter.  

13 minutes ago, ST413 said:

I will be interested to see just how well the HJ guards do against the Tigers constant pressure.  I will also like to see how well the Tigers respond after last nights game.  Granted it was against Jasper but the Tigers looked far better than I have seen them lately.

What starter is out ?

Michael McCain is the older brother. Yes he is out for a while but Silsbee was without him for most of the playoffs last season. Silsbee will be fine. They are extremely deep and talented. They will still go 10 deep and ball. They just moved Bass up to varsity. The line up of D. MCCAIN, Adams, Grubbs, Maze, and Dontre will work. The bench us just as good and could start for most schools in Newton, Mackey, Harris, A Thomas, and K. Barnes. Silsbee will be ready come Tuesday night!!