#20 Hardin Jefferson vs #1 Silsbee (Hardin County Havoc 2016 Part 1)

BADSANTA

Silsbee needs to realize how good they are and not let the rivalry aspect be a factor in this game. Play Silsbee basketball and do not get caught up in emotions. I really hope HJ is full strength and %100 healthy because if not people will not give the Tigers full credit.  Silsbee will probably be without Mike J which could possible hurt but I doubt it. They are deep and all can ball. With or without him the Tigers should roll by 20+ in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Agreed.   And there isn't a huge disparity in the first 7 or 8 from HJ and Silsbee.  I would safely bet Silsbee has more quality depth than any team they've played this year.  And 5 have beaten them.  Add the rivalry aspect of this game and this is why way more often than not, the game is decided by single digits.  

Having said that, the Hawks really need Eli healthy.  That is one huge advantage Silsbee has.  HJ doesn't have the luxury of being able to easily replace a key starter.  

There is a big difference in the first 7 or 8. Maybe not the first 2 or 3 but definitely a big difference in 4-10

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Arm or wrist hurt.  Heard it was from a scuffle with a Jasper player.

No Jasper basketball player was involved.

Silsbee team was walking to bus after game and several Jasper football players jumped a few of the Tiger players, one sucker punching M. McCain in the eye. From what I was told it was a beef from football. Jasper kids were waiting outside for Silsbee team to come out. A couple of Jasper football players and 1 older fan were detained by law enforcement.

The injury that will likely keep McCain out the remainder of season is a hand injury that he sustained defending himself in altercation. Looks like broken bone.

Feel bad for Michael.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee team was walking to bus after game and several Jasper football players jumped a few of the Tiger players, one sucker punching M. McCain in the eye. From what I was told it was a beef from football. Jasper kids were waiting outside for Silsbee team to come out. A couple of Jasper football players and 1 older fan were detained by law enforcement.

The injury that will likely keep McCain out the remainder of season is a hand injury that he sustained defending himself in altercation. Looks like broken bone.

Feel bad for Michael.

Exactly and I was there and amongst the team.  

2 hours ago, bradyb said:

More than a scuffle with a player. Fans/football players jumped him after the game. 

I knew that, but wanted to post it as 'HR' appropriate as I could...

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Feel bad for Michael.

Exactly the information I obtained this morning...

3 hours ago, ST413 said:

Actually the 2 lineups he has been using lately have been D. McCain, Adams,  Grubbs, Thomas and Barnes.   And M. McCain, Maze, Harris, Newton, Mackey.

I believe I have spoken of this particular lineup to start, or close to it (Maze).   

It starts fast and if they are on it is a wrap.  Second one is no slouch though,

53 minutes ago, Silsbee92 said:

I believe I have spoken of this particular lineup to start, or close to it (Maze).   

It starts fast and if they are on it is a wrap.  Second one is no slouch though,

Yes the previous game or two the second group got off to the faster start.